• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This Baylor-TCU game has been nuts and awesome so far. Offense and big plays all first half so far. 57 pts with 3 mins left in first half...

TCU: From #1 defense in 2010 to giving up 34 points in the first half against Baylor.

Painful if you're a TCU fan.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the most part Baylor is running it right at them too. It wouldn't be as close if Baylor could play special teams

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Griffin is destroying TCU. Still in the 3rd and he is 17/20 327 5TD 0Int or something close in the yardage department.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear the announcers are sitting up the beating it to Robert Griffin or RG3 as they are calling him. He is destroying TCU but mention another person (the O Line) here and there

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this little convo on twitter, thought it was pretty funny

lilsweetness34 Ru 'Ryan' Williams
Keep runnin dw...keep runnin

Dwang09 David Wang
@lilsweetness34 I will. i will

lilsweetness34 Ru 'Ryan' Williams
@Dwang09 lol dummy

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that what MD was wearing last night is completely overshadowing the fact that they beat Miami. When your uni debate shows up on cnn, you know something is very, very wrong -

Throwing the flag: 15 yards for bad football fashion? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

I mean really... Gadahfi, Economy, Hurricanes (the actual weather systems) and UGLIEST FOOTBALL UNIFORMS. National news? Really? Wow.

How much would our fan base lose its shit if we wore crap like that? Half the people I know want to do PSU unis but in maroon.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like that what MD was wearing last night is completely overshadowing the fact that they beat Miami. When your uni debate shows up on cnn, you know something is very, very wrong -

Throwing the flag: 15 yards for bad football fashion? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

I mean really... Gadahfi, Economy, Hurricanes (the actual weather systems) and UGLIEST FOOTBALL UNIFORMS. National news? Really? Wow.

How much would our fan base lose its shit if we wore crap like that? Half the people I know want to do PSU unis but in maroon.

And rightfully so. Last years black atrosity was bad enough. I don't know if we could handle that much suck again.

Atleast if we had our state flag on our helmets, there'd be boob.:squeeze:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly i'm in the minority here, but i thought the marlyand uni's had potential.. i thought the split messed them up.. if they had done all white/red side or all black/yellow side, i think those uni's would've been pretty cool.. i actually really liked the red/white side

i also didnt despise our black uni's from last year.. but my all-time fav was the white pro-combats.. i thought those were slick

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly i'm in the minority here, but i thought the marlyand uni's had potential.. i thought the split messed them up.. if they had done all white/red side or all black/yellow side, i think those uni's would've been pretty cool.. i actually really liked the red/white side

i also didnt despise our black uni's from last year.. but my all-time fav was the white pro-combats.. i thought those were slick

i didnt mind marylands uniform either...although it reminded me of those old NFL Europe teams...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what you think of them... I can't believe the shitstorm they've created. GD people... they're unis. Let UnderArmor try and Oregonize Maryland a little if they want to.

I think the unis were a lot of good ideas unfortunately thrown all together. The split helmet thing never works. A black helmet or white helmet with just the state seal or school seal would've worked better. I was never a fan of our nike orange sleeve split unis... of course that could be because they remind me of Marcus Vick.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what you think of them... I can't believe the shitstorm they've created. GD people... they're unis. Let UnderArmor try and Oregonize Maryland a little if they want to.

I think the unis were a lot of good ideas unfortunately thrown all together. The split helmet thing never works. A black helmet or white helmet with just the state seal or school seal would've worked better. I was never a fan of our nike orange sleeve split unis... of course that could be because they remind me of Marcus Vick.

very true.. split units never work

but i think this is exactly what UA was going for.. look at all the publicity they've gotten for it

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.. split units never work

but i think this is exactly what UA was going for.. look at all the publicity they've gotten for it

Probably true. If I was Randy Edsall I'd be a little pissed... like... hey look, we're 1-0. Fridge couldn't do that... hello... anybody? NO GD IT I won't take another question on our uni scheme for the next game!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true. If I was Randy Edsall I'd be a little pissed... like... hey look, we're 1-0. Fridge couldn't do that... hello... anybody? NO GD IT I won't take another question on our uni scheme for the next game!!!

could work in their favor though.. keep making headlines for their uni's instead of how good the team actually is (which i think they are quite good, JMO though)..

also he seems very focused on getting fans in the stands (which is awesome), and having crazy uni's will help that

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Randy Edsall, I may be looking past "page 1" of the red zone chapter of my playbook right now....

What a horrific display of coaching on both sides last night.

ya that was some poor red zone offense.. i was talking to my friend who i always beat in NCAA cause he would throw picks in the red zone.. told him they looked much worse in the red zone than he did haha

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maryland's uniforms last night were based on the Maryland flag, which consists of the coat of arms of George Calvert, 1st Baron Baltimore. It is the only state flag in the United States to be based closely on English heraldry.

File:Flag of Maryland.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heck...the Terps won the game! They might just wear them for the rest of the year!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I liked the "checkerboard" design on the shoulders (i think they should incorporate that into all their unis), but IMO the helmet had way too much going on.