• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sidenote: we all know how great Frank, bud, Wiles, and TG are, but the guy who i think doesnt get the attention he deserves is Kevin Sherman. Lets be honest, our guys werent exactly 5* wr's coming in, but sherman has molded them into (in my bias opinion) one of the top wr groups in the country. Being that Boykin, Coale, and Roberts were his first group of recruits, im cant wait to see what he can do with the 2 incoming classes. <-------especially if we can add Diggs and/or Caleb to this class.

Agree 100% with your assessment...no matter what condition you may have been in! :smokin:

Coach Sherman will get another chance to show what he can do with his receivers because of an obvious gap in recruit classes as shown below:

SENIORS - GONE AFTER 2011 SEASON:
---------------------------------
19 Danny Coale R-Sr
81 Jarrett Boykin Sr.
11 Dyrell Roberts Sr.

JUNIORS - GONE AFTER 2012 SEASON:
---------------------------------
7 Marcus Davis R-Jr.
83 Corey Fuller R-Jr. (walkon)
18 D.J. Coles Jr.

2010 CLASS:
-----------
85 E.L. Smiling r-Fr.

2011 NEW ARRIVALS:
------------------
Kevin Asante Fr.
Demetri Knowles Fr.
Robert Lockhart Fr.

2012 VERBALS (TO DATE):
-------------
Mario Nixon
Mark Irick

By the time the juniors are gone after the 2012 season, the wide receivers will be pretty young group. Smiling will be a R-Jr, the Class of 2011 will probably be R-Sophs if they all redshirt, and the 2012 Class will be R-Freshmen. Another polished receiver or two for the 2012 Class would really go a long way toward helping Sherman develop this group.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hunz was smoking weed last night. There is no other explanation for such well thought out and detailed posts at 2am. :)

Not in many years my friend, but you were pretty close as I spent a large portion of yesterday in downtown bburg. <-------Hadnt been out (like that) in years:dance::drink:, today im remembering why:doh:. hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hence to 2pm timestamp on today's post. MacAdoos always cured my hangovers. Go with a Tom n Jerry. :D

I wish. My grandma had a tree fall on her house, so i been running a chainsaw since 8am. <---my head feels like the tree fell on it. haha

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nah everyone is fine, didnt even damage the house. My Gma is one of those tough ass old ladies, i had to get down there and remove it before she got out there and tried. hahahaha. Finished now, i got out there before the heat set in for the day.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know of a good B&B-type place in Christiansburg/Blacksburg or nearby area? Looking for somewhere for a couple of nights. Thanks

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
how close to bburg do you need to be?

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how close to bburg do you need to be?

I'm actually looking at anything within a two-hour radius of home. I even looked at some places near Boone and Blowing Rock. Just trying to see if there was anything good near Blacksburg/Cburg/Claytor Lake, that area.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Blog updated. The rumors are true. I've accepted a job covering UK football and basketball. A new challenge awaits ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
23 minutes ago

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while I could only rely on KT to provide great insight into VT Athletics (mainly football / basketball). Now I have VT-SportsHoopla, I am good to go.

(Will miss his player interviews though)

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Blog updated. The rumors are true. I've accepted a job covering UK football and basketball. A new challenge awaits ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
23 minutes ago

That sucks. IMO one of the best contributors in the state in terms of news paper based Tech coverage. That's a credit to him, his employer, and has been of great benefit to Virginia Tech and it's fans. He'll do well at his next stop, I'm sure. Hopefully, his replacement puts in the same amount of effort to advance Virginia Tech athletics and keep them honest at the same time.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. IMO one of the best contributors in the state in terms of news paper based Tech coverage. That's a credit to him, his employer, and has been of great benefit to Virginia Tech and it's fans. He'll do well at his next stop, I'm sure. Hopefully, his replacement puts in the same amount of effort to advance Virginia Tech athletics and keep them honest at the same time.

I've heard rumors they are just going to go with Randy King's coverage in The Roanoke Times. Say it ain't so.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they are throwing a freaking party on the 247 site about this news. Quite possibly the world's biggest collection of tools ever assembled...save for at a Craftsman plant.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Rivals released the 2012 recruiting class rankings but VT is sitting at 30? I figure your class to be 10-20 as is now. You guys got some beef with Rivals?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Rivals released the 2012 recruiting class rankings but VT is sitting at 30? I figure your class to be 10-20 as is now. You guys got some beef with Rivals?

Nah, we just don't have the name Notre Dame or Alabama or Ohio State. If so, this same class would be top 10 right now.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, we just don't have the name Notre Dame or Alabama or Ohio State. If so, this same class would be top 10 right now.

I know about getting jobbed with Rivals, our guys normally get dropped 5 spots or so when they commit to us.

Your guys class looks pretty solid already, how many you guys going to sign this year?