• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying that for a looooooooooooooooong time. Sherman has built solid groups and to be honest it isnt exactly like he has been handed the most talented or at least highest ranked guys on the field. Im really excited to see what he does with guys like stanford, caleb, and irick.

Well, he has had some talent too. Dyrell and DJ were both 4 stars. Marcus was just shy (5.7, with 4 star starting at 5.8). Eddie Royal was a 4 star if you want to go back that far. But that's not a whole lot spread over so many years, and he's had success with a number of other guys. Sherman is solid.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since no one cared to reply, im gonna try again...

Is it true we are going to start playing uva early in the year instead of on Thanksgiving weekend?? I had heard that awhile back, but didnt know an update. that would take our rivalry from being one of the matchups on rivalry weekend to just another weekend. and it would take away all the hype that the last game of the season brings.

there is always something extra on the line when you get to that point in the season where you know your different potential fates. in the last few years, there have been bowl berths on the line, ACCCG appearances punched, great spoiler chances for uva, and having the last game of the year always feels good to beat the other one.

it would certainly diminish the rivalry if moved up in the season. and all because uva cant get anyone to come watch them play besides VT fans? cool.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since no one cared to reply, im gonna try again...

Is it true we are going to start playing uva early in the year instead of on Thanksgiving weekend?? I had heard that awhile back, but didnt know an update. that would take our rivalry from being one of the matchups on rivalry weekend to just another weekend. and it would take away all the hype that the last game of the season brings.

there is always something extra on the line when you get to that point in the season where you know your different potential fates. in the last few years, there have been bowl berths on the line, ACCCG appearances punched, great spoiler chances for uva, and having the last game of the year always feels good to beat the other one.

it would certainly diminish the rivalry if moved up in the season. and all because uva cant get anyone to come watch them play besides VT fans? cool.

It has happened before. In 1999, the yea we went to the NCG, we played UVA in early October. In 2005, and a couple of other years we have played them earlier in November. It is what t is. It is not like it is a big rivalry on the national level, and I would rather it be on a weekend where it doesn't compete with OSU-Mich, Aub-Bama etc.

The rivalry is already diminished because one team is not competitive.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I enjoy playing Virginia on Thanksgiving weekend. Playing your rival that week is one of the true traditions in college football that doesn't have to die because of money. It hasn't always been this way (VMI for the majority of our history), but it's been VT-UVA for most of the time I can remember.

If not Virginia, we should play Miami or an SEC team like Tennessee. Otherwise, I'd rather we just take the weekend off. The worst case scenario for fans is playing Duke at home that day.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Playing UVA on a weekend other than Thanksgiving is a bad idea. A year here and there?? OK -- but really .. on Thanksgiving weekend, most people aren't going to travel to Atlanta to see VT play GT or .... you know what I mean .. There's a reason that rivalry games are on that weekend ... now playing Tennessee on rivalry weekend?? I'd take that!!

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...I had a little spending mishap in my fantasy auction draft. The result....only have 11$ left after purchasing 5 (albeit really good) players. That left me to take what was left for the most part, but on the upside, I got both Ryan Williams and David Wilson for a dollar each. I need to decide which one to play as my flex this week, I figure this is the best place to consult. Not sure if this belongs here or in the NFL Hokies thread.

Thanks!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, it was "David Wilson is so good, he eats Chick Fil-A on Sundays."
This year, it should be "Logan Thomas is so good, he eats Chick Fil-A with gay people."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, it was "David Wilson is so good, he eats Chick Fil-A on Sundays."
This year, it should be "Logan Thomas is so good, he eats Chick Fil-A with gay people."

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo biznatches, you guys got a yahoo or espn college pick em group. Sorry if this has been posted a billion times. I've just been crazy busy since March.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo biznatches, you guys got a yahoo or espn college pick em group. Sorry if this has been posted a billion times. I've just been crazy busy since March.

NEvermind. I just found the thread:duck:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just started paying attention to the non-VT hype for the college football season. Wtf is up with all the attention West Virginia is getting? I know they're in the Big 12 but shit, its still WVU. They're not a sleeper team and there's no way Geno Smith is winning the Heisman.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just started paying attention to the non-VT hype for the college football season. Wtf is up with all the attention West Virginia is getting? I know they're in the Big 12 but shit, its still WVU. They're not a sleeper team and there's no way Geno Smith is winning the Heisman.

That 70 points they put on Clemson started the hype machine.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep thats right..wait until they get tea bagged by OU or Texas...then they'll shut up...they forget so easily the rest of wvu's season last year

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That 70 points they put on Clemson started the hype machine.

It's why preseason rankings are so dumb. They are completely based on last year's bowl game, which has a minimal effect on how this year's team will play.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep thats right..wait until they get tea bagged by OU or Texas...then they'll shut up...they forget so easily the rest of wvu's season last year

If they couldn't run wild in the Big East I don't see them running wild in the Big 12 against better teams who runs the same offensive system as them.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone heard of Lenn Robbins of the NY Times? here's his preseason top 25.....

295170_368762349859270_401385011_n.jpg