• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what type of elbow injury can linger for over a year? I've had pain that comes and goes in my elbow since last spring. Never had any swelling or redness and I can't remember if there was a pop but it's still bothering me

Any pain or numbness in the wrist/hand/fingers?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple friends came over and brought some tomahawks to throw at some old stumps in the back yard. That shit was so much fun for something so simple. I'll get a video of a successful toss up soon.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Does anybody know what a ligament tear would feel like? I'm talking partial and in the elbow

Unstable. Not quite like the upper and lower part are separated, but unstable is the best way I could describe it..What did you do?? Sports/throwing injury? That would be an odd place to have a ligament tear..maybe unless you were a MLB pitcher...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was tossing sacks of concrete around. They were pretty heavy. It hurts mostly with similar movements, any heavy objects that I'm moving laterally. It's not bad but something is up. But no, no instability. I never had an injury for more than a couple of weeks before this

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was tossing sacks of concrete around. They were pretty heavy. It hurts mostly with similar movements, any heavy objects that I'm moving laterally. It's not bad but something is up. But no, no instability. I never had an injury for more than a couple of weeks before this

As long as you can hold anything with significant weight, without it being unstable then you are probably OK (even if it hurts). If you have full range of motion without the joint "slipping" then that is a very good thing too. Doesn't mean you didn't tweak it, pop it, pull it etc. or that something isn't injured..maybe just not quite as bad. Another REALLY bad sign is if it swelled up with alot of fluid. Fluid in a joint is bad, bad, bad. That makes the joint even more unstable. When I blew my ACL's out my knees swelled up like freakin balloons. They had to be drained with a basketball pump...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you can hold anything with significant weight, without it being unstable then you are probably OK (even if it hurts). If you have full range of motion without the joint "slipping" then that is a very good thing too. Doesn't mean you didn't tweak it, pop it, pull it etc. or that something isn't injured..maybe just not quite as bad. Another REALLY bad sign is if it swelled up with alot of fluid. Fluid in a joint is bad, bad, bad. That makes the joint even more unstable. When I blew my ACL's out my knees swelled up like freakin balloons. They had to be drained with a basketball pump...

All joints have fluid in them naturally.... yes i am a smart ass.:hat:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hearing reports that former WVU coach Bill Stewart has passed away!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Being reported multiple places now. sad.

It really is. I remember listening to him on local radio when he was first hired at WVU, he spoke mostly about VA and the shenandoah valley and also spoke very highly of both VT and UVA. My buddy who's family is deeply connected with WVU athletics says that he may or may not have been the best guy on game days but that he truly cared about the players and his staff more than any other wvu coach in recent history.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It really is. I remember listening to him on local radio when he was first hired at WVU, he spoke mostly about VA and the shenandoah valley and also spoke very highly of both VT and UVA. My buddy who's family is deeply connected with WVU athletics says that he may or may not have been the best guy on game days but that he truly cared about the players and his staff more than any other wvu coach in recent history.
regardless of school, coaching ability, etc, it is always a sad day when a coach passes. I hope his family can get through this tough time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awful Announcing‏@awfulannouncing
New Post -- Breaking: Pam Ward out of ESPN's college football coverage Breaking: Pam Ward out of ESPN's college football coverage | May #sblog

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only woman that should be doing college football analysis

erin_andrews5.jpg

Too soon?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69