• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just got back from the Avengers. Freaking amazing!! I'd go as far as to say it's the best comic book movie ever made.

Really? i've never really been into the whole super hero thing (even as a kid) but my little boy is all about that stuff. He's been wanting to go see it but i didnt want to sit through it, maybe ill take him tomorrow afternoon.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? i've never really been into the whole super hero thing (even as a kid) but my little boy is all about that stuff. He's been wanting to go see it but i didnt want to sit through it, maybe ill take him tomorrow afternoon.

I'm a giant comic geek so maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much, but even a lot of my friends who haven't read a comic in there life enjoyed it. A good bit of action and a healthy dose of laughs make it pretty enjoyable.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm a giant comic geek so maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much, but even a lot of my friends who haven't read a comic in there life enjoyed it. A good bit of action and a healthy dose of laughs make it pretty enjoyable.

good to hear. Maybe not tomorrow but im sure ill be seeing it in the near future.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you stay throughout the credits. There is a cut scene about halfway in and then another at the very end. The first one is kind of badass, the second one is just pure funny.

thanks for the heads up....i've grown quite accustomed to staying for the credits..a ton of movies have stuff at the end, drives my wife nuts..lol.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I propose we start a thread strictly for real quotes from UVA fans.

First entry, found on TheSabre, regarding UVA's potential move to the SEC (which also assumes they follow VT there):

"London is Calling for sure. SEC would have no match. We just got Bama's best QB"

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I propose we start a thread strictly for real quotes from UVA fans

First entry, found on TheSabre, regarding UVA's potential move to the SEC (which also assumes they follow VT there):

"London is Calling for sure. SEC would have no match. We just got Bama's best QB"

I like "we will be worse than duke if that happens" from the same thread. This is coming from a team that had lost 3 in a row to duke and won by ten @ whoVa this year.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep. Followed by:

"Could be UVA's chance to join the Ivy League"

They can't actually believe that they can "join" the Ivy League, can they? I'd love for them to go be the worst academic school in the Ivy League. Then they'd have zero scholarships to sweet talk 757 kids into signing.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard Hits, Hard Numbers: The First Study of Head Impacts in Youth Football

QUOTE:

In a groundbreaking study, researchers at Virginia Tech placed instrumented helmets on 7 and 8-year-old football players and collected data on more than 750 hits to the head over the course of a season.

The findings provide the first quantitative assessment of the acceleration and risk that young brains are exposed to in youth football.

Lead researcher, Stefan Duma, a professor of Biomedical Engineering, has been gathering data on head impacts among college players at Virginia Tech for nine seasons. In his new study, he reports some head impacts in youth football equal in force to some of the bigger hits he sees at the college level. “Nobody expected to see hits of this magnitude,” says Duma.

The study was conducted through the Center for Injury Biomechanics at Virginia Tech, the world’s largest laboratory for impact and injury research, with ongoing projects for the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Transportation and NASA.

“Hard Hits, Hard Numbers” features interviews with Professor Duma, Dr. Gunnar Brolinson, who is head of Virginia Tech Sports Medicine, the coach of the participating youth football team, players and parents.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are kids that young playing tackle? That's just stupid. You shouldn't be tackling until the HS level. And even then they should teach proper technique and not the all too common "run real fast and explode on his head" technique.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel dirty. Just repped Jeffro for the O's crazy win.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why are kids that young playing tackle? That's just stupid. You shouldn't be tackling until the HS level. And even then they should teach proper technique and not the all too common "run real fast and explode on his head" technique.

We started playing tackle in 4th grade. I guess thats old enough to teach proper technique and such but still a little young to really lay the wood on somebody.

4yo-1st grade: flag football no defensive rush

2nd&3: flag with OL and DL

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt sound like this is going to work out. :(

Probably not. At least for the near future?? Probably not a bad thing for the rest of the in-state schools...
I still feel like they are in a great locality to build that program into a FCS power. There is alot of good second tier talent in the region and state. I would feel like Tidewater is a much more attractive place to fore many kids as opposed to Harrisonburg for instance. If the 757 continues to rally and build them up down there (facilities)..they will have a good program. I think in just a few years they have had some pretty decent teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't know this....I'm probably the only Tech grad in this category...

TAEdisonHokie‏@TAEdisonHokie
#hokies Just learned Brian Sullivan, co-anchor of CNBC's "Street Signs", is a Tech grad News Headlines

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the deal with people who make threads just to post whore? Whats the point of trying to get your post count up to stupid big numbers?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have contests on the water cooler to measure your e-weenis and they take into account post count and rep power.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting news....

John Ourand‏@Ourand_SBJ
Sources: ESPN's new ACC deal comes out to 15 years for $3.6 billion. That comes out to a whopping $17M per school.

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP
About a 30% increase. RT @Ourand_SBJ: Sources: ESPN's new ACC deal comes out to 15 yrs for $3.6 billion. That comes out to $17M per school.