• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do we need the mod to move this discussion to the trash-talk thread? Oh...wait...

Just kidding, just kidding! Mea culpa!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think (and I could be wrong) all that 46 is trying to say is that eating 2000 calories of donuts a day is not akin to eating 2000 calories of fruits, vegetables, chicken, etc.

The point is that just counting calories alone does not change a lifestyle. Making conscious decisions to eat healthy does. I believe that's all that is meant when we say "maintainable"

This is pretty much what I am saying. The free calories that jhalf is referring to (outside of your macros) should not be viewed as free, even if you accept the "macro" theory of weight loss (which it is, it is not a theory of overall health).

A lot of foods provide a bunch of other shit that keeps you healthy (phenols, fiber, enzymes, essential oils, lycopene, amino acids, vitamins, minerals).

Also the sugar in a pop tart (mostly sucrose) is not the same as the sugar in a glass of milk (mostly lactose) and is processed differently in the body. Sugars, and carbohydrate science is very complex (pardon the pun).

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not saying that it is not maintainable. I am saying that it is not the best way to handle overall health maintenance. Metabolism is not simply fat/carb/protein. That is my point.

Forget it. You go to your sources, and i will go mine. I am coming from a medical perspective.

We are on the same page. My argument is over body composition not health. I certainly acknowledge the fact that getting carb sources from sugar vs brown rice can lead to health problems. The link i posted specifically says this.

I was not advocating eating high amounts of processed foods, or foods high in sugar. Everything in moderation.

I think (and I could be wrong) all that 46 is trying to say is that eating 2000 calories of donuts a day is not akin to eating 2000 calories of fruits, vegetables, chicken, etc.

The point is that just counting calories alone does not change a lifestyle. Making conscious decisions to eat healthy does. I believe that's all that is meant when we say "maintainable"

Again, yes macro nutrients also matter, just not in terms of total weight lost.

Edit: Sorry for being argumentative, but I love talking about this stuff as I have studied it for the past couple of years.

There's a lot of great scientifically backed info at leangains.com if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of my best friends is getting married in June and I am in the wedding. Guess what I get to wear? A motherfuckin' Seersucker! I got it today and damn do I look good. Pics will follow of course!

Who is going to throw a Gatsby party so I can rock this thing again!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of my best friends is getting married in June and I am in the wedding. Guess what I get to wear? A motherfuckin' Seersucker! I got it today and damn do I look good. Pics will follow of course!

Who is going to throw a Gatsby party so I can rock this thing again!

I have a seersucker suit. Pretty crazy how much use it doesn't get post college.
Closet staple though

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

"Since Dixon's department didn't make the arrest, Dixon wouldn't confirm why Watkins was arrested and said any additional information would have to come from the Clemson University Police Department.

Calls to the university's police chief have not yet been returned."

Hey you got to give dabo and the guys time to come up with a story, right? Im sure he was just J-walking or something.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]cTZC-j48JWg[/youtube]
[youtube]9AfHAfhrWBg&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
[youtube]NUj6Pcu71kk&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the OBX to go fishing all weekend. Doubtful i will be checking the boards so enjoy Cinco de Mayo, remember to always eat the worm, and stay safe.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Since Dixon's department didn't make the arrest, Dixon wouldn't confirm why Watkins was arrested and said any additional information would have to come from the Clemson University Police Department.

Calls to the university's police chief have not yet been returned."

Hey you got to give dabo and the guys time to come up with a story, right? Im sure he was just J-walking or something.

Appears Sammy was caught with Mary Jane. Will be interesting to see if Sammy misses any games.

Clemson star Watkins arrested on drug charges - Yahoo! Sports

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe thats why Sammy is so fast. Just pop an Adderall before kickoff, and run like the wind!

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the odds on sammy not missing any games?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
edit n/m.

some weird shit going on at tOSU.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
edit n/m.

some weird shit going on at tOSU.

Definitely weird...as in Sandusky-weird.

Wyomissing linebacker Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State

QUOTE:

Less than two weeks after giving Ohio State an oral commitment, All-State linebacker Alex Anzalone has informed Urban Meyer's staff that he will not be attending the school.

Anzalone, one of the most sought after football recruits in the nation, de-committed Friday afternoon after disturbing news surfaced that a Buckeyes fan who gained access to players and recruits is a convicted sex offender.

The sex offender, Charles Eric Waugh of Kentucky, has been reaching out to Ohio State players and recruits, personally and via social media.

He made contact with Anzalone during a recruiting visit to Columbus, Ohio, April 21. A photograph of Waugh with Anzalone and two other recruits was posted on a fan website, as were other photographs of the sex offender with a Buckeyes player and the school mascot, Brutus.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the Avengers. Freaking amazing!! I'd go as far as to say it's the best comic book movie ever made.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the Avengers. Freaking amazing!! I'd go as far as to say it's the best comic book movie ever made.

im jealous!! my wife came to visit but she is on an exercise on the boat right now and i have to wait till she gets back to see it! i guess i'm lucky though..cause my wife is actually into that sort of stuff..lol.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im jealous!! my wife came to visit but she is on an exercise on the boat right now and i have to wait till she gets back to see it! i guess i'm lucky though..cause my wife is actually into that sort of stuff..lol.

Make sure you stay throughout the credits. There is a cut scene about halfway in and then another at the very end. The first one is kind of badass, the second one is just pure funny.