• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NFL draft thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the description of Latimer on nfl.com:

"Analysis Strengths

Very good size. Shows a jab step to get into routes cleanly and is equipped to combat the jam. Can use his frame and physicality to create separation on slants and "post-up" throws (strength was evidenced by bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times at the combine, leading all receivers and besting some linemen). Nice catch radius -- extends to snag throws off his body. Soft, dependable hands. Nice strength after the catch. Good blocker -- subdues cornerbacks, shields, stalks and sustains. Improved steadily over three years as a starter. Weaknesses

Is high-cut and shows some lower-body stiffness in his route running. Average burst off the line. Not a quick-twitch athlete -- could struggle to shake loose from more athletic corners. Lacks foot speed to separate vertically. Is straightlinish after the catch and will not make anyone miss. Marginal special-teams utility. Football was not his first love. Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5 Bottom Line

A prep basketball standout, Latimer is a well-built, sure-handed, West Coast possession receiver whose hardwood background is evident in his leaping ability, body control and hand-eye coordination. Lacks ideal explosiveness, gear change and flexibility. Could be effective running slants and making contested catches to beat zone coverage and succeed in the red zone. Has a ceiling as a No. 3."

Reads to me as if his size, blocking ability and the fact that he steadily improved over three seasons are his best attributes. Don't really like reading that his projected ceiling is as a number three. Then again, if the team's number three catches around 80 balls for nearly 800 yards and double digit TDs, like our third and fourth most productive receivers both did last year, then the "number three" label might not be too damning.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "not sure about him" was that I have no idea on the guy. I have never seen him play and read two paragraphs in a scouting report. Don't get so butt hurt. As for your MLB, you obviously did not read anything I said leading to the draft. After Mosley and Shazier I don't want the broncos to look at another LB until later rounds. We don't need to waste high picks on thumpers.

To some it up, from what I read on Latimer he sounds like a good pickup but that is limited to a couple of paragraphs. As for the rest of the draft I really have no opinion. I think we get get depth players or project guys now at any number of positions and I would be happy.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Lattimer has size, great hands, and is the best blocking WR. Wonder why we targeted him, especially when there were sooooooooooooo many MLB prospects out there for the taking?

:rollseyes:

I like this pick. Lattimer sounds like the type of WR that can grind out the tough receiving yards. In our offense it's a start to getting an offense that can move against defenses like Seattle.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need to address the defense at CB and MLB. Another RB wouldnt hurt as well.

We already addressed CB via FA and the draft. A team can field only so many CB's on a defense.:noidea:

As for RB, Carey is still out there. I'd like to see him in a Broncos uni.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Malibu, he won't be happy until we draft the seahawks defense and see their performance in real games in 2014.
Expect him to bitch about defense for the next 4-5 months.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "not sure about him" was that I have no idea on the guy. I have never seen him play and read two paragraphs in a scouting report. Don't get so butt hurt. As for your MLB, you obviously did not read anything I said leading to the draft. After Mosley and Shazier I don't want the broncos to look at another LB until later rounds. We don't need to waste high picks on thumpers.

To some it up, from what I read on Latimer he sounds like a good pickup but that is limited to a couple of paragraphs. As for the rest of the draft I really have no opinion. I think we get get depth players or project guys now at any number of positions and I would be happy.

The MLB comment was not for you and I will give you three guesses who it was for. Oh and who is butt hurt? I am not, I like this draft so far and think we have gotten some serious talent at places that we should have. The only thing I was commenting on from you was saying he did not have a second gear. No, he is not a "quick twitch" guy, but he does have speed or he would not have posted a sub 4.40 time. Oh and for the reports saying that he was projected for the 4th or 5th are old reports. I went through them too, he was not going to last much longer on the board period no matter what those said. He was one of those late draft stock risers and his biggest weakness from what I understand is his route running, but then again, he only has 2 years experience at playing WR. Also, that is the same knock that DT had coming out and Latimer has a very similar size/speed ratio and may actually be a better pure catcher.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear about Latimer the happier I am with the pick. In general, this draft is working out pretty well for the broncos.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an oregon guy, I would love to see us take De'Anthony Thomas...I see him as a more reliable trindon holliday. Also I'm liking the draft so far as well...wish I was not stuck at work and missing out on yesterdays action

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If avail at #131 I'd be into De'Anthony Thomas or Christian Jones.

I saw Jones play alot and dude is a freak, fast athlete who can get all over the field. Good in coverage as well.

Thomas could finally be our Sproles. He'd be nice to have to mix in with Ball and Anderson. Don't know what to expect from Hillman going into next year, but I do hope he's able to come back and play well. Thomas could be our true scat back.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really has me wondering at the current moment is why Yankey is still on the board? I also would not mind pulling the trigger on him either in the 4th as long as we move back up into the 5th.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If avail at #131 I'd be into De'Anthony Thomas or Christian Jones.

I saw Jones play alot and dude is a freak, fast athlete who can get all over the field. Good in coverage as well.

Thomas could finally be our Sproles. He'd be nice to have to mix in with Ball and Anderson. Don't know what to expect from Hillman going into next year, but I do hope he's able to come back and play well. Thomas could be our true scat back.

Part of the thinking there (other than my obvious bias) is on top of returner he could at the very least push Hillman for that scat back spot

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you.....can't understand. Be hard pressed not to take him if he were still there cause from what I've heard is he's a solid player, and should've been gone already. We'd have a rock solid line with alot of depth, but I think we have to go LB here in the 4th. Thomas is electric too. I'd love to have somebody like him.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....there goes Thomas. Damn Chiefs got him too.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...annnnnnnnd yet another reason I hate KC

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre Desir could be a steal at this spot.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on being drafted...condolences on getting his sh*t rocked twice a year for the foreseeable future

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you all like here? Yankey? Telvin Smith?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankey would hard to pass up. We need a LB though.