• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Segura trade is Segura for Santana and Crawford then it flat out sucks. They would be wise to wait for Machado to sign before trading Segura. Dipoto is way to eager.

segura 2b
seager3b
machsbo ss...???

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something that is very concerning to me, in the previous thread I mentioned that this is the first time in nearly 2 decades where they are in full rebuild mode. However, some of the contracts they are taking in return for these recent trades are astounding. Santana signed a 3 years 60mil contract with the Phillies and is due 17mil+ until 2021. There is no freaking way they are this high on Crawford that they are willing to take on Santana's contract as well. Pick one direction and stick with it, if you're gonna go young, go young and stick with it.

This is stupid.
yeah..it makes you think
they are after the pitching
they need
for the mariners santana...(in comparison to seager)
is no big deal and fits with healy

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..it makes you think
they need

If I try to understand what you wrote here correctly, the M's appear to want some pitching prospect in return for the Segura trade and the Phillies balked on it. This is according to Jayson Stark.
In this case, the M's need to play hardball and say no. There are 30 other teams out there besides the Phillies that you can work a trade around Segura. Dipoto is way too eager and I'm afraid he's making a lot of these decisions on a tilt.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crawford fits....at AAA

im ok with the mariners rebuild

pitching needs to be the main focas for the mariners going
forward
like the pirates
in the whloe organization
it is defence

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..it makes you think
they need
The way it looks now:
Bruce or Haniger in LF
Bruce or Haniger in RF
Santana at DH
Healy at 1st.

What I'd like to see:
Gamel in LF
Haniger in RF
Santana at 1st base
Bruce at DH
Healy traded. There have been several players on other teams, who were non-tendered, who are better than Healy. They need to get rid of him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something that is very concerning to me, in the previous thread I mentioned that this is the first time in nearly 2 decades where they are in full rebuild mode. However, some of the contracts they are taking in return for these recent trades are astounding. Santana signed a 3 years 60mil contract with the Phillies and is due 17mil+ until 2021. There is no freaking way they are this high on Crawford that they are willing to take on Santana's contract as well. Pick one direction and stick with it, if you're gonna go young, go young and stick with it.

This is stupid.

There has to be more to the trade than just Crawford.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I try to understand what you wrote here correctly, the M's appear to want some pitching prospect in return for the Segura trade and the Phillies balked on it. This is
according to Jayson Stark.
In this case, the M's need to play
hardball and say no. There are 30 other teams out there besides the Phillies that you can work a trade around Segura. Dipoto is way too eager and I'm afraid he's making a lot of these decisions on a tilt.
yeah agreed...if they dont get
pitching what is the point of trading with phili

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
santana is most likly off the bench
platoon/ dh
but if they dont get pithing there is no point

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping that Jean Segura vetos the trade or something comes up in the physical.
Segura just waived his no trade clause.
Damn, this trade is probably going to happen today.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word as to who they will get for Segura or who they are trying to get?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mariners must really like Crawford or maybe they figured some teams are turned off by Seguras contract but its pretty team friendly I think?

I really don't understand the trade I think Segura is a valuable SS who can hit the ball I am surprised we didn't get more I think a team looking to make a run next year would love to trade for Segura

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully when I check back later I find out that there is more to this deal.
Especially if they're taking on Santana's contract. They should be getting prospects alone for that.

There is nothing wrong with Segura's contract and should demand more than JP Crawford.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the desire for Santana is - but he does actually fit with Dipoto's desire to comtrol the zone. He's only had less than 90 walks in a full season once (88 in 2017). His average has never been one to jump off the page at you (which is unfortunate), but he's exactly the #4 style guy that Dipoto wants, which they could be banking on him showing the younger players exactly how you work the count. Sometimes, it's hard to rely on silver linings, since I've never really been more than indifferent to Santana. Philly overpaid for him - and now we get to.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bruce is prob dh..more like cruz
was to start with

i dont think they have any intentions of trading healy

voggy maybe

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the desire for Santana is - but he does actually fit with Dipoto's desire to comtrol the zone. He's only had less than 90 walks in a full season once (88 in 2017). His average has never been one to jump off the page at you (which is unfortunate), but he's exactly the #4 style guy that Dipoto wants, which they could be banking on him showing the younger players exactly how you work the count. Sometimes, it's hard to rely on silver linings, since I've never really been more than indifferent to Santana. Philly overpaid for him - and now we get to.
I thought that was why they are keeping the old king around to show the younger guys how its done. KF might just need to make the switch to pitching coach if he can't find his FB in the offseason

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Stark says Swarzak isn't going to be involved, but Nicasio could be.
The Nicasio thing is speculation from Stark since he was referencing the similarity in salary with Swarzak. Either way, if the M's can get some kind of pitching in return for either Swarzak or Nicasio, I'd be happy. Nicasio is god awful and if Swarzak is anything like Nicasio, then he's also god awful.