• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring is in the air
Baseball king to declair
Japan is a new lair
Is it really fair

Free agent if you dare
Who will really care
Leave the cupboard bare

The price of entertainment is high
Wallet not getting buy
High spinerate will fly

As the baseball turns...as we all learn
The next story will burn

Well I don't know if I am all that good at
Rapp

That is worth a laugh..lolololha..aloha

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have put ...my oh my
after entertainment is high

But I did that on fly...again aloha.
Lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry felix.....bus time

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone hoping the M's take a return flight without Ichiro? jw.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Ichiro, at 45 years old he still got a cannon of an arm.

My goodness

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice for ichiro
Mariners win..which is nice.beckham
Goes 3 for 3..nice
Wish I could have caught the game
But all I can do now is look
8At the box...lol

Well...mariners go back to spring training

And we can start a season thread soon

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the extensions being given out watch the Mariners over do it like Segar's again . Then stuck with average players with above average contracts .

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone hoping the M's take a return flight without Ichiro? jw.

Read an article that brought up a good point that among many Japanese baseball fans, they rightfully believe that Thursday's game will be the beginning of the Kikuchi era and the end of the Ichiro era.

I have a lot of respect for Ichiro and his work ethic, but father time catches up with all of us. He was able to fight it off for an incredible amount of time, but it's time for Ichiro to hang up the cleats.

I think it would be cool if the Mariners give him one last ceremonial start at the home opener as his last game at home in a Mariners uniform. It's not a smart baseball move, but I think it would be a nice sendoff to a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Probably won't happen though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought but with my luck, Edwin Encarnacion will be traded the day I finally learn how to spell his name without having to google it to make sure I messed it up.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a good off season Jedi imo
Has done a good job...so far..
Let's see the follow through...and the draft

Before we can give our gm a grade (eval)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll copy @seahawksfan234 idea of random thought. It was brought up on an podcast I was listening to tributing Ichiro. They said Ichiro was so great and blah blah, but then they got to where they brought where he never assimilated into American baseball. Which got to me thinking, Ichiro never did and really didn’t get hurt and reached his talent level he had in Japan. While every other Japanese player has assimilated and for the most part has gotten hurt and eventually flames out. So my random thought is should the Mariners just let Kikuchi do his Japanese routine instead of the American way of “babying” pitchers.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article that brought up a good point that among many Japanese baseball fans, they rightfully believe that Thursday's game will be the beginning of the Kikuchi era and the end of the Ichiro era.

I have a lot of respect for Ichiro and his work ethic, but father time catches up with all of us. He was able to fight it off for an incredible amount of time, but it's time for Ichiro to hang up the cleats.

I think it would be cool if the Mariners give him one last ceremonial start at the home opener as his last game at home in a Mariners uniform. It's not a smart baseball move, but I think it would be a nice sendoff to a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Probably won't happen though.

Ichiro is extremely fit as he takes care of his body...from physical stand point, there’s no doubt at 45 he could continue to play baseball. Mentally, he was done. The mental part to me is what led him to retire.

Btw, I didn’t follow the ichiro news much this offseason so my original was meant to be a joke but it became reality. I hope he’s still around the club in some capacity... but my guess is he’s gonna stick around in Japan for a while.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ichiro is extremely fit as he takes care of his body...from physical stand point, there’s no doubt at 45 he could continue to play baseball. Mentally, he was done. The mental part to me is what led him to retire.

Btw, I didn’t follow the ichiro news much this offseason so my original was meant to be a joke but it became reality. I hope he’s still around the club in some capacity... but my guess is he’s gonna stick around in Japan for a while.

Should be interesting to see what happens with his career. You might be right that he might end up going back to Japan.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll copy @seahawksfan234 idea of random thought. It was brought up on an podcast I was listening to tributing Ichiro. They said Ichiro was so great and blah blah, but then they got to where they brought where he never assimilated into American baseball. Which got to me thinking, Ichiro never did and really didn’t get hurt and reached his talent level he had in Japan. While every other Japanese player has assimilated and for the most part has gotten hurt and eventually flames out. So my random thought is should the Mariners just let Kikuchi do his Japanese routine instead of the American way of “babying” pitchers.

That's a pretty interesting thought.

To play Devil's Advocate; I think that with a position player the risks are much lower. I don't know what precautions other teams have taken with Japanese players, but if other teams babied them as well and attempted to limit their workload/workouts, that could've been what caused or played a role in getting hurt.

I'm far from an expert on this subject, but making a radical adjustment to your conditioning could fuck with your body.

For some players I'd have to imagine that such a paternalistic approach by the organization could probably be annoying. These players know their body better than the organization. I'm not saying that teams shouldn't play a role, but I think it needs to be a holistic approach that combines newer training methods and methods of evaluation and the player's feedback.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty interesting thought.

To play Devil's Advocate; I think that with a position player the risks are much lower. I don't know what precautions other teams have taken with Japanese players, but if other teams babied them as well and attempted to limit their workload/workouts, that could've been what caused or played a role in getting hurt.

I'm far from an expert on this subject, but making a radical adjustment to your conditioning could fuck with your body.

For some players I'd have to imagine that such a paternalistic approach by the organization could probably be annoying. These players know their body better than the organization. I'm not saying that teams shouldn't play a role, but I think it needs to be a holistic approach that combines newer training methods and methods of evaluation and the player's feedback.

I can’t remember where I heard it from but they talked about how Japanese pitchers throw a ton more than American players do it in terms of in between starts. Basically made it sound like how Ichiro did with all of his stretching and hitting a million times a day is what Japanese pitchers do except stretching and throwing. I don’t know, just a random thought because it seems like pitchers assimilate.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Healy does well at 3b..will that bench seager as a defensive replacement

Or will they be a platoon at 3b healy/seager
With encarnacion and bruce platoon at 1b,
Seems so right now

We will see in the next exciting episode of

As the baseball turns...mariners style

Lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means...lololol...what I was thinking
Of handing the phili,s the mariners end up
With instead..lololol

3b platoon...ohh that is funny..but it will
Work I think

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But right now they have Beckham and Moore in the depth chart

Which means the mariners have even more options than healy...that is well

But..ahh...yeah.. let's just see how well
Healy and Moore do at 3b...for now...llolol

Somehow I like Beckham as a shortstop
I may change later..but he has been doing well so far

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone post a list of rosters for each level of minor leagues.

Like Kelenic and Rodrigues, where will they officially be playing.