• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official: Lions don't tag Suh.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, jd, your plan is to threaten Suh? Sign up or fuck off? I'd love to be in the room when Sexton tells him "they said sign up or fuck off!"

It's a hell of a lot better than saying Hi honey, I will be here after your done making us your leverage bitch to every team you really want to play for. And then we will try to match an offer you know we can't while all along missing out on other FA DTs.

Sexton and Suh would not tell Detroit to Fuck off as in the NFL business the people you step on today could be your boss tomorrow. Suh is not coming back IMO and to be used as leverage or the girl waiting for a prom date phone call is something the Lions should no look like.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to get emotional about all this. That's what being a fan can be all about. Yes, I'd like to see Suh sign a fair deal for all concerned with the Lions, have it done with, and move forward. Reality is, Mr. Suh only gets so many chances in a very limited career to maximize what he is looking for. To do that, emotions need to be amped up on the bidder's side of the equation.

The Lions organization is not in a position to outbid everybody else. It sucks, but that's a reality. My hope is that a miracle happens and he signs here, but if he doesn't, then I hope he goes to an AFC team with deep pockets that we won't see for years.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hell of a lot better than saying Hi honey, I will be here after your done making us your leverage bitch to every team you really want to play for. And then we will try to match an offer you know we can't while all along missing out on other FA DTs.

Sexton and Suh would not tell Detroit to Fuck off as in the NFL business the people you step on today could be your boss tomorrow. Suh is not coming back IMO and to be used as leverage or the girl waiting for a prom date phone call is something the Lions should no look like.

Obviously the Lions can't wait for Suh for 2 or 3 days while he galavants around the country but I'm thinking that telling him sign up or fuck off pretty much seals the deal that he will fuck off. Maybe you're right, Detroit doesn't have a shot at him either way but at this point, unless he's said that, alienating him isn't in the teams best interest.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Lions can't wait for Suh for 2 or 3 days while he galavants around the country but I'm thinking that telling him sign up or fuck off pretty much seals the deal that he will fuck off. Maybe you're right, Detroit doesn't have a shot at him either way but at this point, unless he's said that, alienating him isn't in the teams best interest.

I don't see it as alienating him take it or leave it. Suh we will offer 6 years at 17 million per with 66 guaranteed. That deal expires at midnight the day before FA starts. It's a great deal and if he says no...and you hope he weighs his options against the deal and says no thanks and moves on. What little leverage the Lions had would have gotten used and if he felt alienated by that type of offer then it is on him.