• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official JIM CALDWELL/new staff thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Schwartz and hiring Caldwell was the most significant move Mayhew has made since trading Roy Williams.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Schwartz and hiring Caldwell was the most significant move Mayhew has made since trading Roy Williams.

I disagree.

Firing Schwartz and drafting Warford, signing UDFA RT LaAdrian Waddle is the most significant move Mayhew has made since trading Roy Williams. Both of those two have proven, so far, to be on-field assets. Caldwell hasn't done sheit,,,, yet.. Wait til the end of this year on a Caldwell and his staff review. Suckass Peterman hurt us for years and Cheribust (Gosder) never became the LT that matty millen drafted him to be, look at Raiola with 2 quality rookies to his right this past year versus the O-line from 2008 thru 2012.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Jim Schwartz will be at Ford Field for one more Thanksgiving after all.
The Buffalo Bills official website may have leaked today that they will meet the Detroit Lions for Thanksgiving Day this coming season. In their “13 things to know about 2014 opponents,” the site says (as of 1:30 p.m. this afternoon):

Detroit Lions to meet Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving Day? Site may have leaked it | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I hope the Lions make quick work of Schwartz defense. By the time these teams meet our rookies will have had plenty of time to adapt to NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to win immediately

Lions president Tom Lewand said Caldwell reiterated his Super Bowl-or-bust message in his first team meeting with players at the start of organized off-season workouts last week.

“He put up some slides, talking to the players about what his expectations were for this year, and the slide came up that said: Win and win now,” Lewand said at the Lions’ town hall meeting this week. “It wasn’t down the road, it wasn’t ‘we’re going to build something, we’re going to install our systems,’ but it was win and win now and ... winning a division title, making the playoffs and (having) a chance to do some things positively in the playoffs and play deep into the playoffs. That’s our goal this year, not down the road sometime.”

read the entire article here...
Detroit Lions' Jim Caldwell keeps hammering message: It's time to win immediately | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Firing Schwartz and drafting Warford, signing UDFA RT LaAdrian Waddle is the most significant move Mayhew has made since trading Roy Williams. Both of those two have proven, so far, to be on-field assets. Caldwell hasn't done sheit,,,, yet.. Wait til the end of this year on a Caldwell and his staff review. Suckass Peterman hurt us for years and Cheribust (Gosder) never became the LT that matty millen drafted him to be, look at Raiola with 2 quality rookies to his right this past year versus the O-line from 2008 thru 2012.

Yeah, and Schwartz went 7-9 with those assets.

I stand by my observation.