• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not worried about the locker room distraction. Winning and opportunity should take care of that. He certainly didn't quit on the Rams last year.

As far as Moss being a distraction, he's getting ZERO guaranteed money. He can be cut at any instant with no harm to the team. I understand the worry and we definitely need to draft a young WR, but for this year Lloyd would be fantastic.

I'm definitely worried about that. Not only is he a locker room distraction but he is an aging locker room distraction who is going to ask for a very large contract and speak out against the staff. We just don't need that right now. He has an opportunity right now with the Superbowl runners up in the Pats, where he really wants to go, that sounds like a good opportunity.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a receiver that could also handle returns.

Also if we have Lloyd, Crabs, and Moss who are the 2 starters?
Is Crabs now the 3rd slot WR?

That would be my bet

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donno if this was posted but Mincey is staying with the Jags for 4 years.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in NE the talk radio was talking about how Lloyd was all but a sure thing to come to NE and be a perfect fit. about 1 hour ago they said he was not going to come to NE and has not been offered anything and will not be offered anything by NE.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in NE the talk radio was talking about how Lloyd was all but a sure thing to come to NE and be a perfect fit. about 1 hour ago they said he was not going to come to NE and has not been offered anything and will not be offered anything by NE.

That's great for us but I wonder why?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donno if this was posted but Mincey is staying with the Jags for 4 years.

Great to hear. Mincey is actually a friend of mine (played college ball together) and he was posting something about it being in God's hands on his facebook earlier. Awesome news!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great for us but I wonder why?

Sounds more like a red glad to me than great news. Pats need a reciever like Lloyd to put them over the top. Lloyd wants to play for them and happens to have had his best seasons under their current offensive coordinator. Even though he is a perfect fit and likely would take them to another title game, they still don't want him.

Red flag red flag red flag.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

Lloyd had 11 catches for 134 yards and a TD in two games against the 49ers last year. He also has the same agent as Jim Harbaugh.

Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

"Correction of a previous Tweet: Brandon Lloyd's agent these days is Tom Condon, not David Dunn"

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think its cause they don't really have the cap space. They were thinking Matt Light was going to retire this year and have that cap space. It sounds now like Matt is coming back for another season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting:

Eric Branch‏@Eric_Branch

"The #49ers were reportedly interested in trading for Brandon Lloyd in 2011. October story from Denver Post: http://SportsHoopla.com/oP9cIU"

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh had good control of the locker room when he had minimal divas to deal with. We've already added Randy Moss who is a larger than life figure, with Lloyd on top of that I think Harbaugh's control over the locker room could certainly start to slip a bit.

It won't be a low risk type of deal with Lloyd. Lloyd is considered one of the top FA WR's on the market and is no way going to take an incentive based contract. He is going to want top dollar and probably wants to look at something just below what Jackson got. He also has several other suitors which Moss did not.

It's a wonder why we are going after all of these risky players. Granted Moss and Cox were of very good value for their potential, but is this Harbaugh's big mistake? Or does he actually think he can change these guys attitudes?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd expected to visit 49ers

The 49ers passed on trading for Brandon Lloyd last season when the club had a need at the receiver position. But they're reportedly entertaining thoughts about him now.

The 49ers are expected to bring in Lloyd for a free-agent visit, ESPN reported late Thursday night. Lloyd played the first three seasons of his career with the 49ers before moving on to Washington, Chicago, Denver and St. Louis. He has played nine NFL seasons.

Lloyd, 30, caught 70 passes for 966 yards and five touchdowns with Denver and St. Louis last season. The Rams acquired Lloyd for a fifth-round draft pick in October.

On Tuesday evening, the 49ers brought in free-agent Raiders receiver Chaz Schilens for a visit to the team's Santa Clara facility, a source said. Schilens visited the Arizona Cardinals earlier in the day.

Read more: Lloyd expected to visit 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco‏:

"Chaz Schilens visiting 49ers tonight; Brandon Lloyd, whom 49ers could've had in a Oct trade, is on the way. http://SportsHoopla.com/y7zpfh"

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh had good control of the locker room when he had minimal divas to deal with. We've already added Randy Moss who is a larger than life figure, with Lloyd on top of that I think Harbaugh's control over the locker room could certainly start to slip a bit.

It won't be a low risk type of deal with Lloyd. Lloyd is considered one of the top FA WR's on the market and is no way going to take an incentive based contract. He is going to want top dollar and probably wants to look at something just below what Jackson got. He also has several other suitors which Moss did not.

I am thinking somewhere around $7 mill/year as he is older and not as good. I hope niners dont pay more that $8.5/year

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should lloyd even get colston money? i highly doubt it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, let's try and keep the 49ers FA updates in the 49er transactions thread. Everything else can go here.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So our signed CBs on the roster are Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, and Brock. We probably have room for one more (a draft pick)? My fingers are crossed for Brandon Boykin.

We've got the 7th-round pick from last year, too. Holcomb? He was on IR last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure I want to go down the Brandon Lloyd road again, been there and done that. Not to mention we need to get some talented YOUTH at the position and Lloyd doesn't fit that bill.

I tend to agree. We've now got two borderline headcases on the WR corps. I'll pass on adding a third. What is it about WRs that they seem to be divas (using a broad definition of the term) much more than any other position?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. We've now got two borderline headcases on the WR corps. I'll pass on adding a third. What is it about WRs that they seem to be divas (using a broad definition of the term) much more than any other position?

Because of the profile and prestige of the position