• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

Lloyd had 11 catches for 134 yards and a TD in two games against the 49ers last year. He also has the same agent as Jim Harbaugh.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Schilens is already here.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I want to go down the Brandon Lloyd road again, been there and done that. Not to mention we need to get some talented YOUTH at the position and Lloyd doesn't fit that bill.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Lloyd comes to town he ain't leaving

Yeah our success rate of visits to contracts is very high. Warner is the only one I can remember not signing after a visit. I'm not counting the tryout scrubs of course.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I want to go down the Brandon Lloyd road again, been there and done that. Not to mention we need to get some talented YOUTH at the position and Lloyd doesn't fit that bill.

We got the draft for that. We gotta go all in and Lloyd helps. Plus he's a different player than his last stint with us.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get Lloyd. He owes the fans here for his sorry antics before he was traded. Now that his head is on straight he will be a good complement to Moss. I agree with the need still to draft a young receiver at either WO or TE

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the draft for that. We gotta go all in and Lloyd helps. Plus he's a different player than his last stint with us.

Definitely. He would immediately be our #1. And given how quickly the WR's went today I had given up hope of ending up with a #1. This would make me very very happy.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I wouldn't have us over pay for him, but he's definitely worth a look.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I know but I don't want to crowd our WR corps so much that whoever we draft will have a hard time seeing the light of day through the depth chart.

I know he's a better play but he's also an aging player, when he was with us he was kind of a circus act and not hes close to being a legit reciever. He simply is a late bloomer. But like I said, he's getting up there in years and I get the impression that he's going to want something big and long term.

But from everything I've read Lloyd is also quite the locker room distraction. I just don't know that adding both him and Moss is a good idea, I don't mind Moss because he has something to prove but I don't want Lloyd coming in and "speaking out" against the coaching staff as has been reported about him before.

Plus VD is already wearing his old jersey so hes out of luck lol.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was hoping for a receiver that could also handle returns.

Also if we have Lloyd, Crabs, and Moss who are the 2 starters?
Is Crabs now the 3rd slot WR?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know but I don't want to crowd our WR corps so much that whoever we draft will have a hard time seeing the light of day through the depth chart.

I know he's a better play but he's also an aging player, when he was with us he was kind of a circus act and not hes close to being a legit reciever. He simply is a late bloomer. But like I said, he's getting up there in years and I get the impression that he's going to want something big and long term.

But from everything I've read Lloyd is also quite the locker room distraction. I just don't know that adding both him and Moss is a good idea, I don't mind Moss because he has something to prove but I don't want Lloyd coming in and "speaking out" against the coaching staff as has been reported about him before.

It seems like Harbaugh has a good control over his locker room. I'm sure he would have "the talk" with him. He is a risky player so I'm sure it would be another low risk type of deals if we get him signed.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Crabs would be good in the Slot

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that many divas in the locker room you are just asking for trouble. We have great team chemistry, I dunno why we want to screw that up.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Shefter

Bears free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather now planning to visit Washington on Wednesday.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm honestly not worried about the locker room distraction. Winning and opportunity should take care of that. He certainly didn't quit on the Rams last year.

As far as Moss being a distraction, he's getting ZERO guaranteed money. He can be cut at any instant with no harm to the team. I understand the worry and we definitely need to draft a young WR, but for this year Lloyd would be fantastic.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Harbaugh has a good control over his locker room. I'm sure he would have "the talk" with him. He is a risky player so I'm sure it would be another low risk type of deals if we get him signed.

Harbaugh had good control of the locker room when he had minimal divas to deal with. We've already added Randy Moss who is a larger than life figure, with Lloyd on top of that I think Harbaugh's control over the locker room could certainly start to slip a bit.

It won't be a low risk type of deal with Lloyd. Lloyd is considered one of the top FA WR's on the market and is no way going to take an incentive based contract. He is going to want top dollar and probably wants to look at something just below what Jackson got. He also has several other suitors which Moss did not.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so. I wanna say I read last season some articles about them wanting Crabs in the slot.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canfora just said that Manning is going to get 20 mil a year from somebody. If that is true then welcome back Alex.