• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offer for Kemp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my Dynasty 14 team H2H Points League I was offered Vic Martinez and Verlander for Kemp.

I want to know how people feel about the offer. I feel Kemp is still capable of an MVP season just not with the Dodgers and he will likely be traded this year. So an MVP season next year is not out of the question as long as he is with a different team. Vic Martinez is 35 years old and Verlander is no longer the Ace he once was. Also I will have to slot in Martinez at Util because my 1b is Freeman. I would be starting Taveras, A. Jackson, and C Dickerson or Castellanos at OF which would make my OF very weak. I am to the point in the league where I should probably keep rebuilding and I have the prospects arms to be able to do so... I will post my whole team...

C - Mauer
1B - Freeman
2B - Rendon
3B - M. Cabrera
SS - Bogaerts
OF - Kemp
OF - Taveras
OF - A. Jackson
UTIL - Dickerson
Bench - Correa
Bench - N. Castellanos
DL - W. Myers

SP - Gallardo, Price, Cole, Hamels, Ruby De La Rosa (Stream Spot), J. Tomlin (Stream Spot)
Relievers - Soria, Allen, Qualls
Prospect Arms - Gray, Appel, Zimmer, Sanchez, Owens, Crick
DL - Crain
10 Starts Per Week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do it. Verlandervisnt the pitcher he once was. U have enough prospects to help in the future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do it. Verlandervisnt the pitcher he once was. U have enough prospects to help in the future.

Ye I feel the offers I should be looking for Kemp are for maybe a young OF and a young SP. This trade wouldn't help me at all in the long run and because I took over this team only 2 weeks ago it was in dead last because the team wasnt active. I don't think I even have a chance to bring the team back to a top 3 team because I am so far back.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention you'd have two more Tigers on your roster. You'd have to change your team name to the damn Tigers. ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye I feel the offers I should be looking for Kemp are for maybe a young OF and a young SP. This trade wouldn't help me at all in the long run and because I took over this team only 2 weeks ago it was in dead last because the team wasnt active. I don't think I even have a chance to bring the team back to a top 3 team because I am so far back.

I do think you could use a good, established young arm though. Maybe try and package Kemp and one of your "better" pitchers for a top arm?

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot turn this down.

I know Verlander is playing poorly, but Kemp is a shell of his former self.

He still strikes out a ton, but now he is beating the ball into the dirt instead of hitting fly balls and his power is not the same. The ankle injuries have all but eliminated the speed and also made him a defensive liability. Matt Kemp is a replacement level player and VMart is an MVP candidate.

I know VMart is old, and you are building for the future, but Kemp will not get you there. VMart can at least be flipped for a better prospect than Kemp can, and the fact that you gain another big name in Verlander cannot be overlooked.

I know your OF will be weak today, but any Joe you get from the waiver wire is going to be more productive than Kemp has been this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with tlance... your OF is no weaker without Kemp. If you really think he'll be an MVP type player again, I can't help you there. I don't know or see what would lead you to believe that.

This deal is two vets that make your team better right now. Deal with the future as you normally would have, only deal with it minus a washed up Kemp and plus a guy with more HR than K's and a pitcher who, as he is now this bad, is still on the upper end of starters in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a keeper league, but Kemp was just traded for Verlander straight up in the MBBRL.

I honestly believe that Verlander is more likely to have keeper value in your league than Kemp is, and I am pretty down on Verlander.