• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive PI calls, Gronk, and collective head shaking.

What are your thoughts?

• The league seems to be singling out the patriots for pushoffs, legit or not. The metrics support it.

• The league is not singling out anybody. You suck, Rock.

• Vote here and receive one helping of free potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am getting owned and now confused and don't know who I am conversing with. HELP!"

-Rock

Fake quotes are fun.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: Harper catches the freaking ball OR Chung (or whoever the safety was) intercepts the ball right in his damn hands when Thomas fell down and tipped into the air and this all is a mute point

Gronk is huge, uses his arms (just like anyone else) but it's so so blatantly obvious when he does it since he's huge. Monday's PI still on the fence about but that call didn't lose the Patriots the game.

This NFL now calls penalties, sucks royally but it's the way it will be

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk pushes the line on OPI quite a bit. I am not at all shocked he has quite a few OPI calls on him. The one he had in Denver is what happens when the ref isn't in a forgiving mood. Not saying Gronk gets away with OPI all the time- just saying he pushes the boundary.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: Harper catches the freaking ball OR Chung (or whoever the safety was) intercepts the ball right in his damn hands when Thomas fell down and tipped into the air and this all is a mute point

Gronk is huge, uses his arms (just like anyone else) but it's so so blatantly obvious when he does it since he's huge. Monday's PI still on the fence about but that call didn't lose the Patriots the game.

This NFL now calls penalties, sucks royally but it's the way it will be

Agreed. My major complaint against the "emphasis" on offensive pass interference (other then the clear vendetta against the Gronk of course ;)) is that it's another emphasis that drags the game down. Another rule depending on a refs judgement that can be applied randomly and inconsistently to the detriment to the game. Defensive holding is bad enough. Defensive Pass interference has long been a problem. Who in their right mind decided to add this crapola to the game? It can't be to improve it. It sure hasn't worked out that way.

This off-season they need to go through these rules and simplify them enough so the game can continue without a referee conference every 5 plays.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. My major complaint against the "emphasis" on offensive pass interference (other then the clear vendetta against the Gronk of course ;)) is that it's another emphasis that drags the game down. Another rule depending on a refs judgement that can be applied randomly and inconsistently to the detriment to the game. Defensive holding is bad enough. Defensive Pass interference has long been a problem. Who in their right mind decided to add this crapola to the game? It can't be to improve it. It sure hasn't worked out that way.

This off-season they need to go through these rules and simplify them enough so the game can continue without a referee conference every 5 plays.

Yup... I really want to the league to clearly define what IS or isn't holding because on every play someone could and probably SHOULD be called for holding

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when you get used to the calls always going your way, when they actually call it evenly, it feels like you're getting cheated.

#ohtheirony

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I voted the league isn't singling anyone out, but I don't think you suck, Rock. You're alright.