• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Line

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many people think that our offensive line is our weakest position. i have to disagree, we've gotten younger, bigger, and more athletic on the line. Warford will be an immediate upgrade over peterman. I have no doubt that Reiff can fill in for backus, and jason fox for gosder. There may be bumps in the road, but I think they are capable to do it. Fox has got to be something special, or there would be no way that the lions would have kept him so long. He's like 6'7'', a monster of a man.

Jason Fox plays RT Vs. Vikings - YouTube

Fox wasnt spectacular, but as he played more snaps, i think he got a hold of things. And he can only get better with more playing time.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think offensive line is our weakest position. I think that would be linebackers. I do think however that many folks (rolling thunder especially) how important backus was to the lions. Cherilus was also solid at the other tackle, and the lions offensive line will struggle quite often this upcoming season. A team cannot expect to put two inexperienced players in at both tackles and a third in at guard and keep raiola at center without serious growing pains.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realize how important backus was*

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the line will struggle big time. I dont care how big fox is. Dont mean he can block. Till i see fox FINALLY play, and do well, im not buying into him. I hope warford helps, but with guards you never know. Time will only tell how good the line will be. I sure hope im wrong. But a year from now we should know more about fox reiff and warford.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is our biggest unknown. I am certainly very concerned. The LBs on the other hand we already know they are weak.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the line won't be nearly as big of an issue as some are making it out to be.

We're getting more athletic at each tackle and Warford will be an immediate upgrade over Peterman.

If Nagy beats out Raiola then I'm even more excited about the direction of our line.

Obviously they're inexperienced, so there's going to be something of a learning curve, but overall I like the collection of young talent we've amassed on the o-line. Two or three seasons from now our o-line has a chance to be really, really good with the group we have. I also like the young depth we'll have behind the starters.

Lot's to be excited about, they just need time to gel together as a unit.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just worried that there are a lot of new starters. That could prove to be problematic.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things about our offensive line.

(1) The only one I was wishing to be gone is still here. However, seeing that the Lions will have 3 new starters, Ravioli will be key this first season in bringing them together. After thinking about it, I'll overlook Ravioli's shortcomings for what he'll do for the line in this transition year.

(2) The one thing we probably took for granted is how durable our offensive line has been. I hope that continues.

(3) Although the pass blocking will probably suffer, I don't see how our run blocking could be any worse. In fact, I look for it to improve.

(4) This is probably a waste of time, but I hope you have patience. They will need time.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team cannot expect to put two inexperienced players in at both tackles and a third in at guard and keep raiola at center without serious growing pains.

Agreed...growing pains are gonna happen. I think we will see a lot of shorter drops to help the oline along.