• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Line Troubles

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a question for next Summer's competition and injury watch. If I had to choose today Sua-filo is the backup (for next year not this year). He's been in the league a while and the last two games may have been his two best lately. I suspect the other two have higher ceilings.

As we stand here today that is certainly a reasonable take. Obviously the rest of the year will have major implications for these two going forward.

As far as Collins, man when does he realize this supposed potential? I guess at a certain point he just is who he is, an average starter. A lot of people think he can be this great player, but I can't say that I have ever seen him be that guy for more than a few plays here and there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we stand here today that is certainly a reasonable take. Obviously the rest of the year will have major implications for these two going forward.

As far as Collins, man when does he realize this supposed potential? I guess at a certain point he just is who he is, an average starter. A lot of people think he can be this great player, but I can't say that I have ever seen him be that guy for more than a few plays here and there.
True but in those few plays he looks amazing. I don't know if its heart or concentration on why he's so inconsistent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I felt the day they moved Collins to RT they did a disservice to both him and the team and have felt that way ever since. I read guys like Broaddus saying he is better suited for RT and that he played so well at the end of last year and I don't really see it. I saw a guy that was a better fit for G and a better power run blocker than anything else and a guy whose mental lapses of who to pick up were covered up with T Smith on one side and Frederick on the other and I thought he was an up and coming good LG.

I think he could be a good RT but it seems he loses focus from time to time and has those oops moments where he either gets caught flat footed or blocking the wrong guy and those are drive killers when you are a Tackle. But he also has been asked to go one on one a lot as Martin shades towards Looney who in turn also shades towards Williams. Collins needs to be better, but there is a lot worse around the league. The caveat for me in this OL shuffle is I don't assume Williams automatically becomes a better RT than a LG and that plays into the picture as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but in those few plays he looks amazing. I don't know if its heart or concentration on why he's so inconsistent.
I think it is concentration/focus

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the day they moved Collins to RT they did a disservice to both him and the team and have felt that way ever since. I read guys like Broaddus saying he is better suited for RT and that he played so well at the end of last year and I don't really see it. I saw a guy that was a better fit for G and a better power run blocker than anything else and a guy whose mental lapses of who to pick up were covered up with T Smith on one side and Frederick on the other and I thought he was an up and coming good LG.

I think he could be a good RT but it seems he loses focus from time to time and has those oops moments where he either gets caught flat footed or blocking the wrong guy and those are drive killers when you are a Tackle. But he also has been asked to go one on one a lot as Martin shades towards Looney who in turn also shades towards Williams. Collins needs to be better, but there is a lot worse around the league. The caveat for me in this OL shuffle is I don't assume Williams automatically becomes a better RT than a LG and that plays into the picture as well.

Honestly, besides that one highlight block that Collins made at LG (you know the one), I never thought Collins looked the part at LG. I was definitely among the group that thought Collins would be good at RT, but average RT looks like his ceiling at that position. Maybe Collins would be better at G a second time around, who knows? As it stands right now, I think Collins is a very average player -- good enough to be an average starter, but not anything close to the guy we thought we were getting.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, besides that one highlight block that Collins made at LG (you know the one), I never thought Collins looked the part at LG. I was definitely among the group that thought Collins would be good at RT, but average RT looks like his ceiling at that position. Maybe Collins would be better at G a second time around, who knows? As it stands right now, I think Collins is a very average player -- good enough to be an average starter, but not anything close to the guy we thought we were getting.

I think he will be much better and was just a rookie lineman who needs to put on muscle. Give him an off season and if he doesn't improve I would agree but for now he is getting out muscled.