• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic, will you root for the Ducks?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very hard to root for them but I don't care for Winston and believe that FSU wasn't the right team to be in the final 4... Glad they got absolutely, thumped...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is how a bandwaggon gets it's wheels

:behindsofa:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is how a bandwaggon gets it's wheels

:behindsofa:

possibly, but in honesty it's more about who we'd rather see lose than who we'd rather see win. I'd much rather FSU lose than Oregon (happened) and would rather see Alabama lose than Oregon (we'll see) but would rather see Ohio State win....

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game until FSU imploded. Really enjoyed it. Also enjoyed Alabama losing. Some of those teams win so often they become entitled, at least in their minds. Not on a band wagon. Just like it when west coast teams upset the apple cart. The college football forums are a cussfest! They make the NFL board look like a stuffy country club.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw oregon, hope they lose 59-0.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the first playoff championship game is going to be Oregon/Alabama, which is what the championship game would have been anyway. Like the new system though.

Wow, I was totally wrong on this one. Great comeback bye OSU. It's usually the other way around with the team I want to win getting a large lead and the SEC team with the comeback. I love that the first year of the playoffs will have no SEC team in the championship game. That alone is a win. Here's to a great game!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No. No.

Hate Alabama. Hate Ohio State. Their programs are basically the Yankees of CFB.

Hate Oregon. I am a Husky and can never root for them on princible.

I always kind of liked Florida State, but since Winston has been there they have not been easy to like. That guy is a real douche-bag.

Basically, don't want any of them to win. I just wish that they had had some balls and put TCU in there. I could have rooted for them. Even Baylor would have been ok. Instead they pandered to the larger fanbases and stuck us with a load of teams that are inherently dislikeable.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly, but in honesty it's more about who we'd rather see lose than who we'd rather see win. I'd much rather FSU lose than Oregon (happened) and would rather see Alabama lose than Oregon (we'll see) but would rather see Ohio State win....

Same... I just wanted the overrated FSU/Winston lose.... I want Oregon to lose next week because I don't like them at all being a WAZZU fan...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No. No.

Hate Alabama. Hate Ohio State. Their programs are basically the Yankees of CFB.

Hate Oregon. I am a Husky and can never root for them on princible.

I always kind of liked Florida State, but since Winston has been there they have not been easy to like. That guy is a real douche-bag.

Basically, don't want any of them to win. I just wish that they had had some balls and put TCU in there. I could have rooted for them. Even Baylor would have been ok. Instead they pandered to the larger fanbases and stuck us with a load of teams that are inherently dislikeable.

This post is right on the money. I hate all the choices left.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly enjoy watching Oregon play but I can never root for them in an important bowl game

There isn't another college organization or sports franchise without a national title/championship that acts as high and mighty as Oregon fans do. Can you imagine how inflated their egos will be when they actually win one?

SKOOOOO DUCKS

NATTY ON A PLATTER

:L

There are only 3 teams that I am absolutely against winning a title

- Santa Clara (Thank you Flacco)
- OKC Thunder (Thank you Lebron)
- Oregon Ducks (COME ON OHIO STATE!)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Oregon win it all helps all Pac 12 teams. Besides there are more Californians on Oregon's roster than Oregonians, so it's almost as if I am rooting for a California team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Oregon win it all helps all Pac 12 teams. Besides there are more Californians on Oregon's roster than Oregonians, so it's almost as if I am rooting for a California team.

I don't care about all PAC 12 teams, but if you do, by all means root for Oregon.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny but....

I bought a duck and have the BBQ lit as a read this. Totally coincidental.....

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has absolutely nothing to do with where the players are from... it has everything to do with the shitty organization and douchy fans.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon winning will help the pac 12 get more notoriety and give teams that are close to competing for the national title a boost in respect...but Oregon winning will not get UW closer to winning a national championship. We're not close yet.

All it would do is create a headache of threads of Duck fans puffing up their chest. If anything it's going to help Oregon immensely. They will finally enter the conversation with the elite teams like Bama, Ohio State, etc. and become THE attraction for football players to go to on the West Coast. That will only lure more Northwest and California players away.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon winning will help the pac 12 get more notoriety and give teams that are close to competing for the national title a boost in respect...but Oregon winning will not get UW closer to winning a national championship. We're not close yet.

All it would do is create a headache of threads of Duck fans puffing up their chest. If anything it's going to help Oregon immensely. They will finally enter the conversation with the elite teams like Bama, Ohio State, etc. and become THE attraction for football players to go to on the West Coast. That will only lure more Northwest and California players away.

Good points. My line of thinking was that Pac 12 fans would want Oregon to win because if Washington, UCLA, Stanford or any other Pac 12 team were the Pac 12 champ next year, that team's argument for getting a playoff spot would be stronger. If Ohio State wins, then next year's B1G champ would likely get the benefit of the doubt over the Pac 12 champ.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rooting for Ohio State on the 12th, but after the way Oregon demolished Florida State the other day, I'm not particularly confident in OSU's chances to win. The one thing they can't do is allow themselves to be mentally defeated before the game is over like Florida State did. FSU was legitimately in that game going into halftime, but they seemed to let that missed field goal at the end of the half and then the fumble to start the 3rd get into their heads. I thought they were going to recover from those things when they had that long TD drive to answer Oregon's short TD drive, but then they turned it over four straight times and Oregon buried them. OSU can't afford to let that kind of panic set in if they want to win.