• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Thompson was my guy, but everyone loved Lefty and his plaid pants.
Lefty was a fun guy, Big John was grumpy. lol

Friend that lived one street behind me played his junior and senior years for John. Stories were hilarious. He was a backup, his sister was John's student academic advisor. Big Sky Craig Shelton and Sleepy Floyd were there then.

When you think of the great players that played for both coaches it is hard to believe they only won one championship between them. If only Moses Malone didn't turn pro in the ABA instead of going to MD where he committed to. Bet Lefty had nightmares over that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Friend that lived one street behind me played his junior and senior years for John. Stories were hilarious. He was a backup, his sister was John's student academic advisor. Big Sky Craig Shelton and Sleepy Floyd were there then.

When you think of the great players that played for both coaches it is hard to believe they only won one championship between them. If only Moses Malone didn't turn pro in the ABA instead of going to MD where he committed to. Bet Lefty had nightmares over that.
The hearbreak of being a Hoyas fan. Danny Ferry eliminated us when we had Zo and Mutombo. Thought we had a chance with Iverson, Victor Page and Othella. Camby and UMASS sent us home.

I hated Maryland. Steve Francis and Blake. I did pull for them a little when they had Joe Smith.

Good teams. Len Bias makes it to Boston, Magic 's five rings to Bird's three might be flipped the other way. As a die hard Laker fan, that hurt like hell to type that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hearbreak of being a Hoyas fan. Danny Ferry eliminated us when we had Zo and Mutombo. Thought we had a chance with Iverson, Victor Page and Othella. Camby and UMASS sent us home.

I hated Maryland. Steve Francis and Blake. I did pull for them a little when they had Joe Smith.

Good teams. Len Bias makes it to Boston, Magic 's five rings to Bird's three might be flipped the other way. As a die hard Laker fan, that hurt like hell to type that.
Wow, there is so much MD history you left out ... McMillen, Elmore, Lucas, Buck, King and others. MD lost one of the most historic games to NC State when the NCAA file was very small.

I didn't hate Francis, didn't love him. Skilled ball player that needed eyes on him Gary gave him that. The kid was playing at Allegany College before MD. Not liking Steve Blake is like not liked a skilled but not fancy ball player. Anyhow two of the guys you hated had nothing to do with Lefty. Really this post was a tribute to Lefty on his passing.

I loved Patrick and the opposing fans had it so wrong, he was smart. Iverson was a great player. Big John stories are great but he pretty much refused to recruit white players and said so. My friend got the gig because of his sister.

John sold his soul for Michael Graham then ditched him after winning a NC. There is a lot I like about John but there are other things I did not condone. Lefty did not have those same biases.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end I don't want to make Big John sound like a bad guy, he did have engrained bias. Much of what he thought had merit:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that .... this was a tribute to Lefty on the day he died.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, there is so much MD history you left out ... McMillen, Elmore, Lucas, Buck, King and others. MD lost one of the most historic games to NC State when the NCAA file was very small.

I didn't hate Francis, didn't love him. Skilled ball player that needed eyes on him Gary gave him that. The kid was playing at Allegany College before MD. Not liking Steve Blake is like not liked a skilled but not fancy ball player. Anyhow two of the guys you hated had nothing to do with Lefty. Really this post was a tribute to Lefty on his passing.

I loved Patrick and the opposing fans had it so wrong, he was smart. Iverson was a great player. Big John stories are great but he pretty much refused to recruit white players and said so. My friend got the gig because of his sister.

John sold his soul for Michael Graham then ditched him after winning a NC. There is a lot I like about John but there are other things I did not condone. Lefty did not have those same biases.
No, I understand the post was about Lefty. Didn't mean to minimize that. I hated Francis and Blake because they were good. The point that I probably didn't get across very well was that I hated everything Maryland but loved Lefty.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I was the opposite. MD was my favorite but I loved Big John and many Hoya players. I was a huge fan of Patrick and hated how other schools taunted him. Joke was on them Pat is pretty smart. John and Lefty turned their two programs around

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end I don't want to make Big John sound like a bad guy, he did have engrained bias. Much of what he thought had merit:

I respected Coach Thompson but didn't like him. He went out of his way to be difficult to the media who were just doing their jobs. After preaching the evils of the media he became a member of the media when he went into radio which I thought was hypocritical..

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fighting demons that are biggger than hockey. Love Kuzy! I lost my voice yelling after he eliminated Pittsburgh.

Screenshot_20240302_160317_Instagram.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a much better hockey fan than me @Sportster 72

What's going on with the Caps? Why are we on a heater after being sellers at the deadline and trading Kuz.

Ovi is red hot right now. It appears Carbery is a keeper. Other than that what TF has gotten into them?

If they get in, can they make noise?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a much better hockey fan than me @Sportster 72

What's going on with the Caps? Why are we on a heater after being sellers at the deadline and trading Kuz.

Ovi is red hot right now. It appears Carbery is a keeper. Other than that what TF has gotten into them?

If they get in, can they make noise?
There are a lot of answers to this. LOL

I think most of all it has taken half a year for the team to get adjusted to Carbery's system. I think it took Carbs half a year to realize what his team was capable of.

They are playing much better team defense.

Lindgren has been awesome most nights.

Strome is playing more like a center than wing.

Lapierre and Miro have added to the team.

I think Ovi was lost without Backstrom or Kuzy. Ovi adapted to what Carbery and Mueller want. The office is only open part time now. Ovi is scoring a lot more from close to the goal. He looked lost the first half of the year. Riding camels during the All Star break agreed with him. LOL

Mostly it was the new coach and the players getting understand each other. I told my brother a number of times in the first half that I wanted to fire Carbery, I am coming around.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of answers to this. LOL

I think most of all it has taken half a year for the team to get adjusted to Carbery's system. I think it took Carbs half a year to realize what his team was capable of.

They are playing much better team defense.

Lindgren has been awesome most nights.

Strome is playing more like a center than wing.

Lapierre and Miro have added to the team.

I think Ovi was lost without Backstrom or Kuzy. Ovi adapted to what Carbery and Mueller want. The office is only open part time now. Ovi is scoring a lot more from close to the goal. He looked lost the first half of the year. Riding camels during the All Star break agreed with him. LOL

Mostly it was the new coach and the players getting understand each other. I told my brother a number of times in the first half that I wanted to fire Carbery, I am coming around.
Okay, I appreciate that! I've been watching them, just not as locked in as I usually am.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good website, also on Facebook. This is sort of what we talked about yesterday.

Thanks! I don't expect much from them vs this Bruins team, but a 7 game sweat is always fun. Massive game tonight.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Friend that lived one street behind me played his junior and senior years for John. Stories were hilarious. He was a backup, his sister was John's studentt coach,but at the ac tourney lat in the academic advisor. Big Sky Craig Shelton and Sleepy Floyd were there then.

was a great coach,but an acc tourney in late 70s,he was a huge asshole when reporters attempted to interview him.dean smtith was roo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess we need to stand in line to choke Kerr ‘s ass