• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the author of WTF so who are the Redskins? Oh yes, you missed the drama class yesterday and the comics section of the newspaper written by the Chesterfield 6th grade class with no up and coming professional sports writers included. In fact, I'm taking bets with DAD vs. DEAN and I'm setting the betting line at 'PICKUM' since neither one of them will ever rest their case.
Very tough question my friend. I think they are a team with some talent but as we all knew they need more.

Clearly they need a QB. They had one and let him walk. It is too early to tell for sure but I think the Skins might be sorry they didn't take Tua. Chase will be a good ball player but he cannot have the effect a good QB would add.

I know some said RR and Kyle Smith didn't do shit but that is not right. Some of these OLineman are starting to show decently. I don't think Logan Thomas was a miss. None are stars but better than given credit for. Another draft with a combination of 4-6 players from the draft and FA that can play and by play I mean some starters and some rotational players will go a long way but they still need a QB.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough question my friend. I think they are a team with some talent but as we all knew they need more.

Clearly they need a QB. They had one and let him walk. It is too early to tell for sure but I think the Skins might be sorry they didn't take Tua. Chase will be a good ball player but he cannot have the effect a good QB would add.

I know some said RR and Kyle Smith didn't do shit but that is not right. Some of these OLineman are starting to show decently. I don't think Logan Thomas was a miss. None are stars but better than given credit for. Another draft with a combination of 4-6 players from the draft and FA that can play and by play I mean some starters and some rotational players will go a long way but they still need a QB.

Absolutely, a good quality QB is a must to win in the NFL just like a good point guard is necessary in basketball, pitching in baseball, etc. because these are your leaders. Before the last draft I was high on Tua, but even higher on Chase, and obviously WTF saw it the same way. If we are ever going to be competitive again we've got to get a good quality QB. Do you think we could get Sonny to come out of retirement?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so far lucas and schwietzer have performed better then the guys we had (martin and christian ) i think thomas is at least a TE2

i think wright and cam sims have potential to be long term 3-5 wrs and you need those types of guys too

on defense i think holcomb is a good LB and so far (and i mean so far ) i think curl has shown well and can be at least a viable BU

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you have to look at DAK as a guy to go after if you are going FA

i see our options in the draft revolve around wilson and lance in the draft and i think lance forces you to keep CDC around for a year or 2

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, a good quality QB is a must to win in the NFL just like a good point guard is necessary in basketball, pitching in baseball, etc. because these are your leaders. Before the last draft I was high on Tua, but even higher on Chase, and obviously WTF saw it the same way. If we are ever going to be competitive again we've got to get a good quality QB. Do you think we could get Sonny to come out of retirement?
Good call, Sonny would be awesome. Great arm, accurate, quick release.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call, Sonny would be awesome. Great arm, accurate, quick release.

I'm sure you know this but a lot of people don't. When Sonny played his college football at Duke their offense was 3 yards and a cloud of dust and Sonny rarely threw the ball. I could give you hours of Sonny stories since he spoke frequently at the Raleigh Sports Club which I was a member of for many years. He was a funny dude who used a lot of foul language in his speeches and I got to know him well.

Here is just one that I remember with his words: "I dropped back to pass one Sunday afternoon for the Redskins and this linebacker for the Giants (whose name I don't remember) buried me untouched. He grabbed the inside of my shoulder pads while he was getting off me and said 'you red headed SOB, I could break your f****** neck and it would only cost me 15 yards'. Sonny said he really thought about that long and hard on his way back to the hudde for the next play."

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember that Sonny threw a behind the back pass while at Duke which got him in hot water with the coach.

Part of my Sonny story is as you well know he was drafted and played for the Eagles. We move to Washington DC in 1963 since my dad went to work for the GPO. Sonny followed in 64. We were already big fans of the redhead.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We visited some local things down here in southern MD and had lunch sitting next to the water in Solomon's Sunday and Monday.

I haven't ever been to St. Michael's. Need to do that some day but I think we are going to do a lot of exploring of VA's eastern shore. It is starting to look the retirement place.
I LOVE Solomon’s Island and spent a lot of time there in my college years with a guy who lived down near the Machanicsville area. We boat there for the day or dinner. Adore that place and since returning to MD have visited at least 3-4 times.

Also love Calvert Cliffs where it used to be way more open and accessible to public walking on the beaches...and shark teeth were premium finds all over the area. Fun times.

You should definitely hit up St Michaels. I love Awful Arthur’s there, not on the water but fabulous ambiance and great raw bar and seafood.

Good friends of mine own a place in Colonial Beach on the Potomac, just over the bridge on the Va side. Very cool little town and relatively affordable housing if you look at condos and/or smaller houses a block or two off waterfront. I was impressed when I visited them last summer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE Solomon’s Island and spent a lot of time there in my college years with a guy who lived down near the Machanicsville area. We boat there for the day or dinner. Adore that place and since returning to MD have visited at least 3-4 times.

Also love Calvert Cliffs where it used to be way more open and accessible to public walking on the beaches...and shark teeth were premium finds all over the area. Fun times.

You should definitely hit up St Michaels. I love Awful Arthur’s there, not on the water but fabulous ambiance and great raw bar and seafood.

Good friends of mine own a place in Colonial Beach on the Potomac, just over the bridge on the Va side. Very cool little town and relatively affordable housing if you look at condos and/or smaller houses a block or two off waterfront. I was impressed when I visited them last summer.
We have cliffs on the beach in my neighborhood, between Calvert Cliffs and Solomon's Island. So cool to see all those ancient shells buried in the cliffs.

Colonial Beach is nice, been there for several bike weeks as well as other visits.

Yep, I know Mechanicsville.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have cliffs on the beach in my neighborhood, between Calvert Cliffs and Solomon's Island. So cool to see all those ancient shells buried in the cliffs.

Colonial Beach is nice, been there for several bike weeks as well as other visits.

Yep, I know Mechanicsville.
been to colonial beach numerous times growing up in fredericksburg. i may have partaken in a drink or 2 there and maybe a unsolicited drag race as well

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember that Sonny threw a behind the back pass while at Duke which got him in hot water with the coach.

Part of my Sonny story is as you well know he was drafted and played for the Eagles. We move to Washington DC in 1963 since my dad went to work for the GPO. Sonny followed in 64. We were already big fans of the redhead.

You are correct sir, Sonny did get in some hot water with the coach at Duke for a few behind the back passes but the coach couldn't say too much since most of these passes were complete for positive yardage. Sonny had huge hands and he could palm a basketball at the age of 12. In fact when I shook hands with him my hand disappeared.

Wilmington, NC is a pretty good size city now but it was nothing in size when it produced Sonny, an NFL QB and MVP Roman Gabriel, Meadowlark Lemon, and a guy by the name of Michael Jordan.

Oh yes, I did a happy dance when the Redskins traded Norm Sneed to the Eagles for Sonny.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My anti Dallas bias says no to Dak .... and the big fact salary he is going to want.

From everything I'm reading and hearing Dak is not going anywhere but we never know what Jerry might or might not do.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been to colonial beach numerous times growing up in fredericksburg. i may have partaken in a drink or 2 there and maybe a unsolicited drag race as well

Now that's funny since I have also participated in a drink or 2 and unsolicited drag racing at beaches even though none of them were called Colonial Beach. Now I do have some fond memories of Fredricksburg during my traveling days with CBS Television but I can't remember the name of that night club near Fredricksburg that produced those fond memories at the moment.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Paul Hornung the golden boy

How many more sports legends are we going to lose before this horrible year of 2020 comes to an end?

The year of 2020 has got to be a record for deaths among sports legends during one calendar year.