• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to add that... even with what I personally consider some awkward music choices (doesn’t every generation feel this way, lol) and a tendency to narcissistic self promotion (who allowed such unlimited access to the internet and social media...a lot of fault lies with parents and child rearing imo)

I am very hopeful regarding many of the younger peeps I come in contact with.

I see in my friends kids, who are currently in college or heading out into their ‘real lives’, much to admire - a genuine desire to see the world a better place, an optimism that they can help achieve this with their job hunts and choices - medicine, politics, peace corps style jobs, tech, jobs that balance life and work.

All this hope in a changing world that is going to change faster and faster in the future...

I feel optimistic that they might get it right.

Good points but I'm just not as optimistic as you are about our youngsters and I hope you are right and I am wrong for all mankind.

I'm sure music is a generational thing because I get teased all the time by the youngsters who despise the music from the 60s that I love so much. Maybe I'm not alone since so many FM radio stations nationwide play nothing but 60s music.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember when people use to take pride in the work they did? This includes music too! Many of the great song writers of yesterday have left us too and many of the song writers of today cannot complete a sentence properly, or at least that I can understand. I'm sure there will be some songs coming soon about the pandemic and you know I just can't wait to hear them, right?
I do remember those things. I am not sure if that makes me smart or just old. :pound:

Not sure how I feel about the young people. Sometimes good and sometimes just like our football team WTF. I suspect every generation feels like that too.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember those things. I am not sure if that makes me smart or just old. :pound:

Not sure how I feel about the young people. Sometimes good and sometimes just like our football team WTF. I suspect every generation feels like that too.

I think it makes you both. Pride in your work and attention to detail are two things I just don't see anymore from the younger generation. Here is just one example: During the summer I pulled a muscle in my back while working out at my health club. My grass needed mowing so I hired a high school senior in my neighborhood to mow my grass. When he finished the job I reluctantly paid him at the price we agreed upon when he should have paid me for screwing up my yard. Needless to say I haven't called him back for further work. I was only out of action for a couple of weeks so once I started mowing my grass again it looks good now. Maybe I just picked a low draft choice to do a job for me, I don't know.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ sportster

I know you wish the stadium would be packed tonight at Happy Valley with screaming fans but I think you've still got a chance as only a 10 point home underdog. Fields might say otherwise but I'll be watching.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting a win tonight. Would love it ....we'll see.

Don't know if you saw Maryland vs. Minnesota last night ... what a game. MD came back from 17 down in the 4th quarter. They have Tua's younger brother.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting a win tonight. Would love it ....we'll see.

Don't know if you saw Maryland vs. Minnesota last night ... what a game. MD came back from 17 down in the 4th quarter. They have Tua's younger brother.

No, I did not see that game but I read about it. Maybe Baby Tua will be the real deal for the Terps.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it makes you both. Pride in your work and attention to detail are two things I just don't see anymore from the younger generation. Here is just one example: During the summer I pulled a muscle in my back while working out at my health club. My grass needed mowing so I hired a high school senior in my neighborhood to mow my grass. When he finished the job I reluctantly paid him at the price we agreed upon when he should have paid me for screwing up my yard. Needless to say I haven't called him back for further work. I was only out of action for a couple of weeks so once I started mowing my grass again it looks good now. Maybe I just picked a low draft choice to do a job for me, I don't know.
Mr. Irrelevant?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We like ya that way. Now, get off my lawn...lol

Cali calm down, lol. This was all part of my plan to take over the forum... which I've now done. I will spare you since I think you are a nice person.

Now that you are on board with the plan, you will call me MASTER SHARK. It does a play on the MISTER while also doing the master thing... anyway, I think everyone will jump on board.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali calm down, lol. This was all part of my plan to take over the forum... which I've now done. I will spare you since I think you are a nice person.

Now that you are on board with the plan, you will call me MASTER SHARK. It does a play on the MISTER while also doing the master thing... anyway, I think everyone will jump on board.
Lmfao!!! You da MASTER. As a side note, I’m known for not being a huge fans of sharks...but you, you’ll do ;)

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody watching the Super Bowl tonight between the Cowboys and the Eagles?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when some of us thought Wentz was good? :L