• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Bobby Mitchell , my dad passed the same day you did .

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the old Motorola (small screen big box) TV's or those slim-lined ones with rabbit ears? You know the type that you had to put aluminum foil on the antennas to get better reception? Jim was a Great player, IMO the greatest player overall in NFL history!

Actually, I think it was a Sylvania tv with a halo light around the entire screen which the marketers told us would protect our eyes. Yep, rabbit ears with aluminum foil on the antennas to get better reception for sure. You know, even though we have many more conveniences today in our high tech world life sure was a lot more simple back then with everyone helping one another when needed and not seeing the hatred for our fellow man that I see today. It just wasn't an 'It's all about me' world back then.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have swapped a couple of guys but I don't think I could have made it better. A couple came to mind.b

Sammy Baugh - you can't go by his stats but he brought the forward pass to the NFL.

Steve Young - I think he was as good if not better than Montana, he didn't get to drive the Corvette as long.

Favre
Elway
Roethlisberger
Brees
Kelly
…. are a rung down.

Mahomes might be at or near the top of that list when his career is over.

A great group of QBs you mentioned for sure!

Yep, the jury is still out on Mahomes but barring injury he could be among the elite one of these days.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the SEC continue to dominate in 1st round NFL selections in the upcoming draft?

Las Vegas has the SEC (-125) vs. the rest of America (+105) in 1st round selections.

Who you got?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's kind of surprising considering the state of NFL running backs these days. Far better ones are being traded or released because of their salary demands.

Perhaps, the tide is turning on running backs getting their fair share, but I doubt it.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron got this one right, some here said he wasn't that good. :nono:

Don't you know Ron would love to have McCaffrey in his Redskins backfield?

I just knew when this kid was at Stanford he was going to be a good one in the NFL and I still don't understand why he wasn't picked earlier than he was in the NFL draft. Pound for pound he is rock solid and he gives 100% on every play whether he is rushing, catching the ball, or blocking. I've been a big fan of him since day one.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're in this fancy lounge, feet up on these big comfortable chairs, and the draft finally getting close, it's time to choose the first round menu. I know I want to drink something cold and eat something hot, but that's about as far as I've come to making a decision, so far. What's on the menu?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're in this fancy lounge, feet up on these big comfortable chairs, and the draft finally getting close, it's time to choose the first round menu. I know I want to drink something cold and eat something hot, but that's about as far as I've come to making a decision, so far. What's on the menu?

Let's ask Ole' Sty__

(Sty in big comfortable chair with his feet up)

Zzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: @dad will the 'Hoop be doing something special for the NFL draft?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ruzious We have to start with wings, no respectable sporting event goes without 'em!

However, with respect to a cold one, well, I had this ex who...:pound:

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking of making a draft weekend thread but I can’t come up with a name

draft bar or caffe or maybe futures thread
I have to get some feed back