• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, Maravich? Maravich? Maravich? the name does ring a bell, however, beyond being one of the all time NBA greats, I just can't seem to place him! Oh well!

Anyway, about your scoring average... even if you picked up some of the leftover honeys wanting to be with basketball players, I'm sure your average was just fine!

Oh wait, you're talking about points.:doh:

I've been telling all of you guys that I'm older than dirt! So now you know the rest of the story as the great Paul Harvey use to say. I could write a book just on my personal experiences with Pete but who would buy it? NO, my scoring average was not just fine in basketball but I was blessed with the ability to play professional baseball even though Pete was light years better than I was in his professional profession.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you were the perfect point guard … you got the ball to Pete. What a fun player he was to watch.

Yes, I had a lot of assists but that's because Pete could hit 20 foot jump shots at a higher percentage than I could make layups. During every time out our coach would always say, set a screen for Pete, feed the ball to Pete, find the open shot for Pete, etc., etc. Sometimes I wondered why I was even on the court. Fun times with a good friend who died way too young. One of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life was speak at his funeral without choking up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I had a lot of assists but that's because Pete could hit 20 foot jump shots at a higher percentage than I could make layups. During every time out our coach would always say, set a screen for Pete, feed the ball to Pete, find the open shot for Pete, etc., etc. Sometimes I wondered why I was even on the court. Fun times with a good friend who died way too young. One of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life was speak at his funeral without choking up.

Yes, he died way too young.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of our threads made the top 10 in SportsHoopla. One at # 3. Most are from the general forum but our team forum is doing well competing with that forum

great job

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No lache seastrunk ! Bolder dash

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders .... best RBs I have ever seen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown occupies slots 1-5, then you're getting to who's number 2.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no right or wrong answers here but since we all seem to have some time to kill who are the 5 best NFL Quarterbacks in history?

I really put some thought into this and mine are, in no particular order:

Tom Brady
Joe Montana
Peyton Manning
Dan Morino
Johnny Unitas

Honorable Mention: Otto Graham and Roger Staubach

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid list.

I guess you can tell I'm bored with some time on my hands to start a list like this.

So, who would you replace with my top 5 with your own list, and like I said there are no right or wrong answers? I considered Bret Favre until I looked at his interceptions and found that he must have been color blind with many of his passes. I even considered John Elway until I found that his great running backs made things much easier for him to be among the best quarterbacks.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown occupies slots 1-5, then you're getting to who's number 2.

A personal memory about Jim Brown: As a kid watching my parents black & white tv which only got two channels the Redskins game was always on one of the channels on Sunday afternoon. One particular Sunday afternoon when the Browns were playing at the Redskins the Browns had 1st and goal on the Redskins 10 yard line. Brown got the ball and swept wide right and by the time he crossed the goal line he must have had at least 7 Redskins tacklers grabbing every part of his body still trying to bring him down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A personal memory about Jim Brown: As a kid watching my parents black & white tv which only got two channels the Redskins game was always on one of the channels on Sunday afternoon. One particular Sunday afternoon when the Browns were playing at the Redskins the Browns had 1st and goal on the Redskins 10 yard line. Brown got the ball and swept wide right and by the time he crossed the goal line he must have had at least 7 Redskins tacklers grabbing every part of his body still trying to bring him down.

Are you talking about the old Motorola (small screen big box) TV's or those slim-lined ones with rabbit ears? You know the type that you had to put aluminum foil on the antennas to get better reception? Jim was a Great player, IMO the greatest player overall in NFL history!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EU5G9BlU8AAxgRX

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great player he was! RIP Mr. Mitchell.

Bobby was a great player and a better man. I heard Doug Williams interviewed a couple of times and they were good. My favorite two interviews were Brig Owens and Jim Brown because they played together. I would have liked to have heard Sonny and Charley also. Anyone that didn't see him play should find some old video and watch him run through a defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can tell I'm bored with some time on my hands to start a list like this.

So, who would you replace with my top 5 with your own list, and like I said there are no right or wrong answers? I considered Bret Favre until I looked at his interceptions and found that he must have been color blind with many of his passes. I even considered John Elway until I found that his great running backs made things much easier for him to be among the best quarterbacks.

I could have swapped a couple of guys but I don't think I could have made it better. A couple came to mind.b

Sammy Baugh - you can't go by his stats but he brought the forward pass to the NFL.

Steve Young - I think he was as good if not better than Montana, he didn't get to drive the Corvette as long.

Favre
Elway
Roethlisberger
Brees
Kelly
…. are a rung down.

Mahomes might be at or near the top of that list when his career is over.