• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone, I'm still here but will post something when called. In the meantime, back to the threads!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to break protocol and risk whatever admonition there will be in begging all of you to take what follows seriously

•If, you are a conspiracy theorist please suspend this thinking at least temporarily, because the threat is real.

•Do not listen to non medical/ scientific opinion, pseudo science, or attempts to play down the severity of this pandemic from politicians, talk show hosts, or anyone not qualified to make such pronouncements because the threat is real.

•understand that, wherever you are the question is when and not if the pandemic will reach your community.

• 20 to 44 year olds have the highest incident of infection in the country. While it is true that the greater number of fatalities occur within the greater than 65 year old group, understand that there are still serious illnesses and deaths in that younger demographic .

• If you are experiencing any of the classic signs of the flu or common cold, or otherwise asymptomatic fevers, get yourself checked out and if possible tested ASAP. Self isolate (14 days) as a precaution, wear protective barriers, and prepare for a rather long period of time in which non essential businesses are closed.

• Flood your state and local government offices insisting that they prepare now. Do not take it for granted that they are working towards that goal. You may live in a state not hit as hard as others, but as stated previously, it's a matter of when and not if.

• Prepare for restrictions on movement, and closings, however, I must say, if you haven't made necessary preparations already, you may be too late.

• Gun sales are through the roof. Sales in certain areas are already suspended, but people are arming themselves. I'm not suggesting anything, but just passing on information.

• Avoid gatherings of 10 or more, stay at home, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching you face, clean common contact areas. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or arm. Use wipes or other cleaning materials to clean where you've just coughed/sneezed .

(Now a bit of levity) Get to know and begin talking to that person who you've been living with all of these years.:tsk:...:pound:

• Finally, I want to repeat it again and again, the pandemic is real.The pandemic is real! Please take this seriously, protect yourselves, your families and if you are able, others, in the places where you live. Together we will get through this. Good luck!

@dad, I'll be sending you a PM with a specific request and your thoughts about it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to break protocol and risk whatever admonition there will be in begging all of you to take what follows seriously

•If, you are a conspiracy theorist please suspend this thinking at least temporarily, because the threat is real.

•Do not listen to non medical/ scientific opinion, pseudo science, or attempts to play down the severity of this pandemic from politicians, talk show hosts, or anyone not qualified to make such pronouncements because the threat is real.

•understand that, wherever you are the question is when and not if the pandemic will reach your community.

• 20 to 44 year olds have the highest incident of infection in the country. While it is true that the greater number of fatalities occur within the greater than 65 year old group, understand that there are still serious illnesses and deaths in that younger demographic .

• If you are experiencing any of the classic signs of the flu or common cold, or otherwise asymptomatic fevers, get yourself checked out and if possible tested ASAP. Self isolate (14 days) as a precaution, wear protective barriers, and prepare for a rather long period of time in which non essential businesses are closed.

• Flood your state and local government offices insisting that they prepare now. Do not take it for granted that they are working towards that goal. You may live in a state not hit as hard as others, but as stated previously, it's a matter of when and not if.

• Prepare for restrictions on movement, and closings, however, I must say, if you haven't made necessary preparations already, you may be too late.

• Gun sales are through the roof. Sales in certain areas are already suspended, but people are arming themselves. I'm not suggesting anything, but just passing on information.

• Avoid gatherings of 10 or more, stay at home, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching you face, clean common contact areas. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or arm. Use wipes or other cleaning materials to clean where you've just coughed/sneezed .

(Now a bit of levity) Get to know and begin talking to that person who you've been living with all of these years.:tsk:...:pound:

• Finally, I want to repeat it again and again, the pandemic is real.The pandemic is real! Please take this seriously, protect yourselves, your families and if you are able, others, in the places where you live. Together we will get through this. Good luck!

@dad, I'll be sending you a PM with a specific request and your thoughts about it.
Spot on. People need to understand that this is not going to be over in a few months. Even if we are successful in changing the trajectory of the infection with our recent isolation efforts, that virus will still be out there and will be waiting for us to relax our guard. We truly won't be out of the woods until and effective vaccine can be developed and can be disseminated widely to the general population. This is the new normal, folks. At least for the next 9-18 months. Prepare accordingly.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on. People need to understand that this is not going to be over in a few months. Even if we are successful in changing the trajectory of the infection with our recent isolation efforts, that virus will still be out there and will be waiting for us to relax our guard. We truly won't be out of the woods until and effective vaccine can be developed and can be disseminated widely to the general population. This is the new normal, folks. At least for the next 9-18 months. Prepare accordingly.

I've witnessed people going about their business here and on news videos. Some still think it a hoax or not serious based upon their age group. We have to be United and spread the word that this is serious and deadly. Thanks for your support!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give one more bit of advice and it could mean the difference in keeping your life and losing it.

While you're at home, please, please, please, exercise! In particular cardiovascular exercises. Run in place, do jumping jacks, climb the stairs, you get the idea.

Now let me tell you why.

Cardiovascular exercises helps to increase total lung capacity. ( the ability to take in an amount of air) The disease directly infects your lungs. If you are one who gets this virus, a stressor that increases demand for adequate oxygen distribution, you'll be able to provide more of that demand naturally instead of depending upon being placed on a ventilator and/or staying on the same longer than necessary. Survival is also a factor that increases with exercise/ good cardiovascular health.

Sorry I omitted this in my earlier post.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the word is out . Common sense measures should be in place .

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great advice my friend for those who have yet to take seriously enough what is going on. We have been blessed in the state of North Carolina so far even though our state lost its first person due to coronavirus this morning.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advice my friend for those who have yet to take seriously enough what is going on. We have been blessed in the state of North Carolina so far even though our state lost its first person due to coronavirus this morning.
there is a balance between wise precaution and panic . hopefully we will err toward common sense

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you, please care care!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a kid I could just never understand why they called a guy with no hair Curly . . . RIP.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never got into the whole vaudeville act, but R.I.P

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played point guard at Broughton High School here in Raleigh and our shooting guard could have been another Curly Neal if he had been an African American. His name was 'Pistol Pete' Maravich. Our team averaged about 60 points per game and Pete scored about 50 of those points most nights so I'm not going to tell you what my scoring average was because it's embarrassing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played point guard at Broughton High School here in Raleigh and our shooting guard could have been another Curly Neal if he had been an African American. His name was 'Pistol Pete' Maravich. Our team averaged about 60 points per game and Pete scored about 50 of those points most nights so I'm not going to tell you what my scoring average was because it's embarrassing.

Hmmmm, Maravich? Maravich? Maravich? the name does ring a bell, however, beyond being one of the all time NBA greats, I just can't seem to place him! Oh well!

Anyway, about your scoring average... even if you picked up some of the leftover honeys wanting to be with basketball players, I'm sure your average was just fine!

Oh wait, you're talking about points.:doh:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like you were the perfect point guard … you got the ball to Pete. What a fun player he was to watch.