• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't know that. Just like you can't know the level of the Broncos defense this upcoming season. You can hope they are down a lot from the past 2 years or that the Raiders are better than last year but right now that is an unknown. "Hope" and "Know" mean 2 totally different things. Throw in the Raiders have lost a few starters from last year's defense and other than a few draft picks did nothing to replace them. So pretty much depending on young players developing. I had hoped that Paxton Lynch would develop this year to become the starter. Obviously that has not happened. So can't say without a shadow of doubt that those young players have developed. So far this preseason they have not shown it. Teams have been able to run very successfully against them and QB's have had career days against them.
Sure I can know that. Last year they were a league leader in getting TOs that helped us to a 12-4 record.
This year they also got some TOs in preseason. The starters only played one half of football and did good.
We also have the best defensive player in the league. Again dude? It will take Reggie another year to field a top flight defense, it's young at key positions. They will continue to grow..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can know that. Last year they were a league leader in getting TOs that helped us to a 12-4 record.
This year they also got some TOs in preseason. The starters only played one half of football and did good.
We also have the best defensive player in the league. Again dude? It will take Reggie another year to field a top flight defense, it's young at key positions. They will continue to grow..

I think I shall save this comment for the end of the year and let's see where the Raider defense is at.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying he isn't a star but he also isn't a trash player. His leadership will be missed more than his play on the field. He was the guy when the defense would struggle a little early on that could rally the troops. He was better at boosting the play of others more so than what he could actually do on the field. He had a lot of good to offer but also some liabilities. Again why I say he was an average player. The Broncos really like 2nd year player Justin Simmons. I've had some coaches tell me they think he will become a star in this league. The plan is to get him more snaps and that doesn't happen if Ward is still here.
I agree with one point you made there? Sometimes it's best to let the vet walk and give the young guy the reps. That's how they grow in this league. Now he will hrut the Bronco defense for those very reasons you just gave. That's not easy to replace.And the guy was a solid player on top of it.It hurts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of people that "knew" things about the NFL to quickly be proven wrong in a hurry. I've learned very quickly that there are very few things I speak in absolutes about.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I shall save this comment for the end of the year and let's see where the Raider defense is at.
Save the comments cd. It don't run or hide, you know that. I always show up..
Time for some ZZZzzz dude.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with one point you made there? Sometimes it's best to let the vet walk and give the young guy the reps. That's how they grow in this league. Now he will hrut the Bronco defense for those very reasons you just gave. That's not easy to replace.And the guy was a solid player on top of it.It hurts.

I would say it hurts the depth of the team. Justin Simmons who will be replacing him has some very serious high upside. The Broncos feel like they have maybe found that next great safety in the league. I'm guessing you are very high on the potential of Karl Joseph for your team. That is how the Bronco Coaches and FO feel about Simmons. So if he is even close to that kind of potential then the talent on the field has actually improved. Again though young talent tough to tell. So yes the loss of Ward could definitely hurt. They could also not even skip a beat and have an improved playmaker in the secondary.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of people that "knew" things about the NFL to quickly be proven wrong in a hurry. I've learned very quickly that there are very few things I speak in absolutes about.
Nah man. There's only two things in life? You either right or wrong. And it takes a man to live with either outcome.
I'm game either way cuz, ya know that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it hurts the depth of the team. Justin Simmons who will be replacing him has some very serious high upside. The Broncos feel like they have maybe found that next great safety in the league. I'm guessing you are very high on the potential of Karl Joseph for your team. That is how the Bronco Coaches and FO feel about Simmons. So if he is even close to that kind of potential then the talent on the field has actually improved. Again though young talent tough to tell. So yes the loss of Ward could definitely hurt. They could also not even skip a beat and have an improved playmaker in the secondary.
Not only am I high on Kujo but Obi and Shalom Luani as well. RAIDERS are good at S, young players with great potential that will play a big part in our season. RAIDERS have a young defense dude.

And as for Ward? Maybe this Simmons cat is better? That remains to be seen.. One week away dude and we start finding out.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sadly another thread has come and gone. We are now CLOSED!!