• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last preseason game, finally. May the best young players make the roster. Last game to show what ya got! GO RAIDERS

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's finally over! The next games count. RAIDERS vs Titans

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos cut Tj Ward. Hmmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos sign Osweiler, eh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both moves for the Broncos make a lot of sense. TJ Ward has been on a downhill trend and has been injury prone the last 2 years. His leadership will be missed though. The Broncos also really really like their young Safeties in Justin Simmons and Jamal Carter. They think the pair of them could be better than what TJ brought to the table.

As for Brock Osweiler the business side of things makes perfect sense. He has played for Mike McCoy before so knows the language/system. He knows the organization as a whole. He has chemistry with some of the players like DT and Sanders. And maybe the best part of it all the Browns are paying a majority of his salary. Broncos on the hook for less than $800,000.

Any surprise cuts for the Raiders?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters are getting close to being finalized so since you had asked earlier how I thought the season would play out this would be my guess for the AFC West.

1st in the division--Kansas City 11-5 record. They made quite a few changes over the offseason with some front office decisions but I still think overall roster they are tops in the division. Andy Reid is the best coach and seems to be able to get the most out of his players. They have a very good defense that is helped by an offense that has some weapons and doesn't turn the ball over. They also have the best special teams in the division.

2nd in the division--Denver 9-7 record. They obviously still have the best defense in the division that should keep them in most games. Offensively I do think the OL has improved and the running back group looks much stronger than last year. So should be able to run the football to shorten games and make a few plays to win a few. QB situation obviously not where they were hoping it would be though.

3rd in the division--Oakland 8-8 record. Offensively they are explosive. There is no denying that. Defensively though I don't think they have improved all that much. They still have looked just as bad this preseason as last year. Players out of position and other than Mack not much of a pass rush. They honestly remind me a ton of the 2008 Bronco team that was fun to watch because of the explosive offense but the lack of defense will lose them a lot of games.

4th in the division--San Diego 7-9 record. They definitely have some talent on the team but they have struggled with injuries and this year doesn't look much different. Depth is a major concern in my opinion for them. They could start out the season well but struggle as the year continues.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both moves for the Broncos make a lot of sense. TJ Ward has been on a downhill trend and has been injury prone the last 2 years. His leadership will be missed though. The Broncos also really really like their young Safeties in Justin Simmons and Jamal Carter. They think the pair of them could be better than what TJ brought to the table.

As for Brock Osweiler the business side of things makes perfect sense. He has played for Mike McCoy before so knows the language/system. He knows the organization as a whole. He has chemistry with some of the players like DT and Sanders. And maybe the best part of it all the Browns are paying a majority of his salary. Broncos on the hook for less than $800,000.

Any surprise cuts for the Raiders?
Yeah I don't know cd about TJ Ward, seems like a lot of Bronco fans were pretty upset about cutting him. That says he was a good player. And he was, and is still a good player.. That's a blow to the Bronco defense, imo

So is Osweiler the backup? Or will he compete for the starter job? What about Lynch when he's healthy? Hmm

Surprise cuts for us you ask? Calhoun and LaTroy Lewis. The rest of the cuts were pretty much like all team cuts to get down to 53.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters are getting close to being finalized so since you had asked earlier how I thought the season would play out this would be my guess for the AFC West.

1st in the division--Kansas City 11-5 record. They made quite a few changes over the offseason with some front office decisions but I still think overall roster they are tops in the division. Andy Reid is the best coach and seems to be able to get the most out of his players. They have a very good defense that is helped by an offense that has some weapons and doesn't turn the ball over. They also have the best special teams in the division.

2nd in the division--Denver 9-7 record. They obviously still have the best defense in the division that should keep them in most games. Offensively I do think the OL has improved and the running back group looks much stronger than last year. So should be able to run the football to shorten games and make a few plays to win a few. QB situation obviously not where they were hoping it would be though.

3rd in the division--Oakland 8-8 record. Offensively they are explosive. There is no denying that. Defensively though I don't think they have improved all that much. They still have looked just as bad this preseason as last year. Players out of position and other than Mack not much of a pass rush. They honestly remind me a ton of the 2008 Bronco team that was fun to watch because of the explosive offense but the lack of defense will lose them a lot of games.

4th in the division--San Diego 7-9 record. They definitely have some talent on the team but they have struggled with injuries and this year doesn't look much different. Depth is a major concern in my opinion for them. They could start out the season well but struggle as the year continues.
I disagree completely. But I respect your opinion dude. We all have one..
I have it like this?
1st RAIDERS
Broncos, KC and the Bolts fighting it out for two.
If the Broncos get solid QB play, they are a lock for two.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't know cd about TJ Ward, seems like a lot of Bronco fans were pretty upset about cutting him. That says he was a good player. And he was, and is still a good player.. That's a blow to the Bronco defense, imo

So is Osweiler the backup? Or will he compete for the starter job? What about Lynch when he's healthy? Hmm

Surprise cuts for us you ask? Calhoun and LaTroy Lewis. The rest of the cuts were pretty much like all team cuts to get down to 53.

Like I said TJ Ward the leader will be missed. TJ Ward the player not so much. His best asset on the field was his ability to help out in the run game. This past year he missed 8 tackles. Not a good number for a safety. He also graded out as one of the worst coverage safeties in the league. PFF actually graded him as the 48th best safety in the league. So about average for the position. Like I said there will be parts of his game that will be missed. Of the No Fly Zone for the Broncos though he was the weak link when it came to play on the field.

As for Osweiler right now he is a backup. Broncos needed a veteran backup with Lynch most likely missing 5 weeks of the season with a shoulder injury and Siemian being injury prone. It wouldn't shock me though if he did win the starting job. Siemian is average at best and Lynch still needs more time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely. But I respect your opinion dude. We all have one..
I have it like this?
1st RAIDERS
Broncos, KC and the Bolts fighting it out for two.
If the Broncos get solid QB play, they are a lock for two.

If Broncos get solid QB play they should be a lock for 1. Best defense that would be aided by an offense that can do something. I would take solid QB play in a heartbeat and consider them Super Bowl contenders right now. I just don't think they will get that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess what gives you confidence in this Raiders defense other than just blind hope in your team? They have shown nothing that should give you hope.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said TJ Ward the leader will be missed. TJ Ward the player not so much. His best asset on the field was his ability to help out in the run game. This past year he missed 8 tackles. Not a good number for a safety. He also graded out as one of the worst coverage safeties in the league. PFF actually graded him as the 48th best safety in the league. So about average for the position. Like I said there will be parts of his game that will be missed. Of the No Fly Zone for the Broncos though he was the weak link when it came to play on the field.

As for Osweiler right now he is a backup. Broncos needed a veteran backup with Lynch most likely missing 5 weeks of the season with a shoulder injury and Siemian being injury prone. It wouldn't shock me though if he did win the starting job. Siemian is average at best and Lynch still needs more time.
I see what you trying to do regarding Ward cd. Suddenly he can't ball top flight anymore, cuz he's no longer with you guys. Ya never know as he could end up with another AFCW team. So ya have to chop him down a bit. Yo dude I know how that goes..

Osweiler starting again with you guys? Well I guess he could if the starter gets hurt, and with Lynch out for 5 weeks..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos get solid QB play they should be a lock for 1. Best defense that would be aided by an offense that can do something. I would take solid QB play in a heartbeat and consider them Super Bowl contenders right now. I just don't think they will get that.
Again cd I completely disagree with that post cd. Sure you guys will have a good defense but it's NOT the SB defense cd as you know.. It's a good defense make no mistake but not a great one.. Again, IMO

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess what gives you confidence in this Raiders defense other than just blind hope in your team? They have shown nothing that should give you hope.
I don't hope dude. I just know it will be better than last years defense. Again it won't be the Raven defense of old, but it will be good enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you trying to do regarding Ward cd. Suddenly he can't ball top flight anymore, cuz he's no longer with you guys. Ya never know as he could end up with another AFCW team. So ya have to chop him down a bit. Yo dude I know how that goes..

Osweiler starting again with you guys? Well I guess he could if the starter gets hurt, and with Lynch out for 5 weeks..

No I've been saying all last year that Ward is a liability in coverage and was disappointed in his tackling. You love PFF. Please go look up how TJ Ward did last year. It was not pretty. He has never been a big coverage guy. He is a box safety that in the past has been great in run support and getting after the QB. His run defense slipped a bit this past year. Now some of that could be the entire team struggled against the run so maybe he had more guys being blocked into him. I do think TJ Ward still has value. I'm not trying to say he is some terrible player. I'm saying he is an average Safety on the field with the added bonus of attitude and leadership that many teams fall in love with. I'm not happy about him being cut but I also understand it. Again they like the young guys they have behind him and want to see what they can do.

Also he already went to the Tampa Bay Bucs. Not going to an AFC West team. He told his agent he refused to go to another AFC West team or any team that was playing the Broncos this upcoming season. He still had plenty of suitors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hope dude. I just know it will be better than last years defense. Again it won't be the Raven defense of old, but it will be good enough.

You can't know that. Just like you can't know the level of the Broncos defense this upcoming season. You can hope they are down a lot from the past 2 years or that the Raiders are better than last year but right now that is an unknown. "Hope" and "Know" mean 2 totally different things. Throw in the Raiders have lost a few starters from last year's defense and other than a few draft picks did nothing to replace them. So pretty much depending on young players developing. I had hoped that Paxton Lynch would develop this year to become the starter. Obviously that has not happened. So can't say without a shadow of doubt that those young players have developed. So far this preseason they have not shown it. Teams have been able to run very successfully against them and QB's have had career days against them.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I've been saying all last year that Ward is a liability in coverage and was disappointed in his tackling. You love PFF. Please go look up how TJ Ward did last year. It was not pretty. He has never been a big coverage guy. He is a box safety that in the past has been great in run support and getting after the QB. His run defense slipped a bit this past year. Now some of that could be the entire team struggled against the run so maybe he had more guys being blocked into him. I do think TJ Ward still has value. I'm not trying to say he is some terrible player. I'm saying he is an average Safety on the field with the added bonus of attitude and leadership that many teams fall in love with. I'm not happy about him being cut but I also understand it. Again they like the young guys they have behind him and want to see what they can do.

Also he already went to the Tampa Bay Bucs. Not going to an AFC West team. He told his agent he refused to go to another AFC West team or any team that was playing the Broncos this upcoming season. He still had plenty of suitors.
So you spend most f the post chopping him down then say you are not happy that he was cut. He was a good player that will be missed on the field and the locker room, that's why you are upset with him going. Ain't no biggie dude. And good, glad he's out of the AFCW. That will hurt the Bronco defense, IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you spend most f the post chopping him down then say you are not happy that he was cut. He was a good player that will be missed on the field and the locker room, that's why you are upset with him going. Ain't no biggie dude. And good, glad he's out of the AFCW. That will hurt the Bronco defense, IMO

I'm saying he isn't a star but he also isn't a trash player. His leadership will be missed more than his play on the field. He was the guy when the defense would struggle a little early on that could rally the troops. He was better at boosting the play of others more so than what he could actually do on the field. He had a lot of good to offer but also some liabilities. Again why I say he was an average player. The Broncos really like 2nd year player Justin Simmons. I've had some coaches tell me they think he will become a star in this league. The plan is to get him more snaps and that doesn't happen if Ward is still here.