• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they're non-profit.
Most legitimate churches are non-profit.
Some definitely are for profit and should be treated as such.
Note to non believers: Yes we know how you think.
Should this be posted in a football forum?

Is the Catholic church a legitimate church?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know it is. I am unsure what clearly defines a church anyway

Southie stated a legitimate church would be "Non profit".
I contend all churches are most definitely "FOT PROFIT".
If there is a church out there that new you put a new pool in while tithing 10%, they would think you were not tithing enough.
That little country inside Italy has billions if not trillions in assets, yet they give up not a penny and depend on donations to rebuild Notre Dame...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they're non-profit.
Most legitimate churches are non-profit.
Some definitely are for profit and should be treated as such.
Note to non believers: Yes we know how you think.
Should this be posted in a football forum?
If they are truly non-profit then they won't have any profits to be taxed.. Therefore there should be no "non-profits" at all. I know there are accounting games like raising money 1 year for long term projects (like churches need buildings) that they need some leeway with, but beyond that profit is profit and should be taxed.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me I have never had issues with God or Jesus but the Church I do. For a lot of reasons, hopefully we can keep it all civil

If I may..................
From the scrolls of St. Thomas, The Doubter

"And Jesus said unto us," ""The house of my father is not of wood or stone. Look in a tree and I am there. Turn a stone on the ground and you will find me. I am in your soul always.""

And this is exactly what we are tying to avoid. Fuck how hard is this?
What's wrong with BK's quote? It seems to religiousy? It 100% supports your first comment... and it' a quote and not an opinion, though I guess by placing the quote it can be taken as an opinion... For me I see it as God is in you, you decide what that means for you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southie stated a legitimate church would be "Non profit".
I contend all churches are most definitely "FOT PROFIT".
If there is a church out there that new you put a new pool in while tithing 10%, they would think you were not tithing enough.
That little country inside Italy has billions if not trillions in assets, yet they give up not a penny and depend on donations to rebuild Notre Dame...
That tithing thing is a turn off. They can tax you, but then tax them? Hell no they say.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with BK's quote? It seems to religiousy? It 100% supports your first comment... and it' a quote and not an opinion, though I guess by placing the quote it can be taken as an opinion... For me I see it as God is in you, you decide what that means for you.
He doesn't understand. Plus I wrote something.

If you have some comprehension skills, Jesus said that there is no need for an organized religion. If you want to gather and pray, gather anywhere, it doesn't have to be in a 'structure'. I'm not 'religious but I have my own beliefs. And more important, I believe I know what the 'soul' is and that maks me very comfortable.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have some comprehension skills, Jesus said that there is no need for an organized religion. If you want to gather and pray, gather anywhere, it doesn't have to be in a 'structure'. I'm not 'religious but I have my own beliefs. And more important, I believe I know what the 'soul' is and that maks me very comfortable.

I'm not religious at all and in fact think the majority of it is complete and utter bullshit but I do think there can be something said for the power of group prayer and ritual if done properly and with the correct intention. Unfortunately "if done properly and with the correct intention" is not a common thing IMO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was not about religion, it was not about any prophet or Saint it was a simple damn question about the church being taxed there was no reason to take any further than that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can write all you want the issue is and always has been when you post your opinion as fact, get called out act like a little bitch, leave all pouty and heartbroken then come back.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day:

What sport or sports do you tend to watch that is not popular in the US?

Irish Hurling, I have to watch on youtube but I get a game or two once in a while

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day:

Irish Hurling, I have to watch on youtube but I get a game or two once in a while
You don't see it much anymore, but in the early days of ESPN they would carry Australian rules football. The dudes that would signal for field goals were hilarious.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day:

Both my kids play soccer, so sometimes we watch that.
British Touring Car Championship, F1 and WRC...but now with Speed a defunct channel, I no longer have cable or directv.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both my kids play soccer, so sometimes we watch that.
British Touring Car Championship, F1 and WRC...but now with Speed a defunct channel, I no longer have cable or directv.
I too like F1 racing IMO so much better than NASCAR

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Major League Rugby is being show.

The New England Free Jacks play in Weymouth, MA. Tried to buy tickets to the Home Opener and it's sold out.
Watched them play Houston. 5-0 at halftime and second half was a rout. Final 32-0.

Got to like a rough game played without pads.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Major League Rugby is being show.

The New England Free Jacks play in Weymouth, MA. Tried to buy tickets to the Home Opener and it's sold out.
Watched them play Houston. 5-0 at halftime and second half was a rout. Final 32-0.

Got to like a rough game played without pads.
I have been watching the Six Nations this is another sport I enjoy, once I learned the rules it was even more enjoyable

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can write all you want the issue is and always has been when you post your opinion as fact, get called out act like a little bitch, leave all pouty and heartbroken then come back.
You spout off like the toughest MF on earth. Yet you'd never face up to anyone in person. When I post, I will preface my opinions and I always quote where I heard a rumor unless it's from one of my personal contacts. I never give them up. But I will say that it was from them.

You on the other hand rarely have offered anything other than your personal opinion and shit on anyone who doesn't agree with you. Then you carry it on until the other person quits because discussing anything with you like a mature adult becomes fruitless. You post a non sports "Question of the Day" in the New England Patriots board instead of the Hoop Open Forum. Then you get all whiney because the comments don't fit what you want.

You fail to understand that when you speak of a church, that involves religion, You think of a church as a place on main street that has Sunday services and probably haven't considered the traveling minstrels or huge church summer camps or church foundations or church side businesses like shops where religious articles and books can be purchased. Then someone quotes an actual verse from a scroll found in 1948 that no church will recognize because of the verse and others like it that I quoted and you get all pissy.

At least I don't hide anything. Everyone knows I live in Manchester, NH and guys in the Hoop have actually been to my house.
Guys like Carnzo know my address and have had PMs with me. I've invited guys to stop in when they've traveled up north on 93 like Yankee Traveler.

Oh yeah, In the two weeks I've been away, I've written 18 chapters in my latest book.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spout off like the toughest MF on earth. Yet you'd never face up to anyone in person. When I post, I will preface my opinions and I always quote where I heard a rumor unless it's from one of my personal contacts. I never give them up. But I will say that it was from them.

You on the other hand rarely have offered anything other than your personal opinion and shit on anyone who doesn't agree with you. Then you carry it on until the other person quits because discussing anything with you like a mature adult becomes fruitless. You post a non sports "Question of the Day" in the New England Patriots board instead of the Hoop Open Forum. Then you get all whiney because the comments don't fit what you want.

You fail to understand that when you speak of a church, that involves religion, You think of a church as a place on main street that has Sunday services and probably haven't considered the traveling minstrels or huge church summer camps or church foundations or church side businesses like shops where religious articles and books can be purchased. Then someone quotes an actual verse from a scroll found in 1948 that no church will recognize because of the verse and others like it that I quoted and you get all pissy.

At least I don't hide anything. Everyone knows I live in Manchester, NH and guys in the Hoop have actually been to my house.
Guys like Carnzo know my address and have had PMs with me. I've invited guys to stop in when they've traveled up north on 93 like Yankee Traveler.

Oh yeah, In the two weeks I've been away, I've written 18 chapters in my latest book.
Oh okay here we go BK once again talking about shit he cannot back, it is your MO. I call it how I see it it's not about a tough guy mantra I just call it like I see it. And I am not the one talking about " I Have Killed People For Less" I am not the one that constantly has to try and prove his worth to others, that is your ballpark not mine. As to dealing with things face to face, when time calls for it, I have no issues should the need arise been there, down that, avoid that when possible. You don't post links because you cannot because they are your opinion not fact this is a constant theme of your This is not watergate, you do not have confidential informants that need protection. So don't try to pass that blarney off as fact too.

The question at hand was about TAXING the Church it was not about religion, you chose to take it somewhere else, that was on you an no one else.

And then you close again with another braggadocios comment about your books. You constantly seek approval from people you know nothing about. Maybe it's some sort of lack of self confidence not sure why you need approval from others. That's a truth you'll have to figure out on your own.

Yes we all know where you live, you once inquired about our meeting up when I come back home. The reason people avoid this is because you come off like an insufferable douche, why would anyone want to spend time with you?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spout off like the toughest MF on earth. Yet you'd never face up to anyone in person.
I don't recall anyone posting anything portraying them as a "tough guy". Is it your opinion that others can only post assertively if they can "backup their words with action"? Maybe you'd like to take a few of us "behind the wood shed", but in the real world we don't do that.