• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honey baked Ham.

We get a Bone in Half Ham and use it for Easter morning, Ham Sandwiches, Quiche and finally Pea Soup!
About the same Easter Dinner, Ham Sammies, Ham and Cheddar Omelets and the Lima Beans

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same Easter Dinner, Ham Sammies, Ham and Cheddar Omelets and the Lima Beans
Fresh Limas or dried? The dried Limas can be stewed like green peas with the ham. Good stuff. Great use of that ham bone.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresh Limas or dried? The dried Limas can be stewed like green peas with the ham. Good stuff. Great use of that ham bone.....
I use dry lima's ham bone diced onion little bit crushed red pepper and chicken stock in place of water.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What event in life did you not follow through on that you wish you had?

I took four years of Forestry in High School joined the Army in 82 with the intent to get my degree in Forestry and Environmental Science, never made that happen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What event in life did you not follow through on that you wish you had?

I took four years of Forestry in High School joined the Army in 82 with the intent to get my degree in Forestry and Environmental Science, never made that happen.

I took four years of French and was a member of the French club. 7 girls and I.
We raised money for four years for a trip to France. two weeks before the trip, I backed out. Didn't want to go.
Gave the girls my share of the loot to split and told them to have a great time.
Never gave it a second thought until about 5 years ago, and I regret it deeply now.
Before anybody twists it, my girlfriend at the time was not part of French club, and is now my wife.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We raised money for four years for a trip to France. two weeks before the trip, I backed out. Didn't want to go.
Gave the girls my share of the loot to split and told them to have a great time.
Never gave it a second thought until about 5 years ago, and I regret it deeply now.
Before anybody twists it, my girlfriend at the time was not part of French club, and is now my wife.
Well you could take the current wife to France. I have been to Paris, the French Country Side, The French Riviera love all but Paris. Parisians are stuffy pricks and at the time the city was pretty filthy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you could take the current wife to France. I have been to Paris, the French Country Side, The French Riviera love all but Paris. Parisians are stuffy pricks and at the time the city was pretty filthy.
Raise your hand if you like France.

Raise both hands if you are French!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my not so fond memories of growing up in New England was the lack of seasoning!
Moved to California at 10 and discovered a new world of flavors!!!!!
Ohh I am one hell of a cook, and my Lima beans do not lack flavor which is why I use the Chicken Stock not water and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes with onion and celery, couple that with the ham bone and they are bursting with flavor. I too use a lot of fresh herbs while cooking mainly for the same reason growing up Mom used Salt and Pepper, and cooked the hell out of any meat. I did not know steak and pork chops could be good until I moved out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I am one hell of a cook, and my Lima beans do not lack flavor which is why I use the Chicken Stock not water and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes with onion and celery, couple that with the ham bone and they are bursting with flavor. I too use a lot of fresh herbs while cooking mainly for the same reason growing up Mom used Salt and Pepper, and cooked the hell out of any meat. I did not know steak and pork chops could be good until I moved out.
My mom would make New England Boiled Dinner. Hated it! After moving to CA and developing a taste for flavor, I started calling it New England Boiled Garbage. Started cooking my own meals at 13. I was so shocked that food could taste good!
In college, I cooked for 3-6 friends most nights. They'd bring whatever and I'd cook it for all.
useally dinner included beer. I rarely had to buy food or beer!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom would make New England Boiled Dinner. Hated it! After moving to CA and developing a taste for flavor, I started calling it New England Boiled Garbage. Started cooking my own meals at 13. I was so shocked that food could taste good!
In college, I cooked for 3-6 friends most nights. They'd bring whatever and I'd cook it for all.
useally dinner included beer. I rarely had to buy food or beer!
Ohh hell my mom also made New England Boiled Dinner and that shit was horrible. Hell the whole concept of the boiled dinner is horrible

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I had already twisted it, then needed to twist it back. I assumed you meant missing the opportunity to be alone with seven girls who might be willing to behave like French girls while in France....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...

I'll never get the chance to go with seven 17 and 18 year old unchaperoned girls (that were my age...) again.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I had already twisted it, then needed to twist it back. I assumed you meant missing the opportunity to be alone with seven girls who might be willing to behave like French girls while in France....
Not that my wife to be was not already acting like a french girl should...

But I will never know if what never happened and what might have happened are the exact same thing, or not.

And, it was never my wife who dissuaded me from going either.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that my wife to be was not already acting like a french girl should...

But I will never know if what never happened and what might have happened are the exact same thing, or not.

And, it was never my wife who dissuaded me from going either.
Honestly, we all have regrets in that area and who knows if any of the opportunities we missed would have happened the way they did in our dreams. I have learned to appreciated what I did get, and man I got some good shit along the way! My biggest regret is probably not reaching out for more when I had the chance, but at least I did get what I got...