• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question of the day: What kind of secret society would you like to start?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh.... A group of like minded, yet different minded individuals who mostly want to discuss sports and their specific team, but also occasionally expand to other topics like music and current events.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh.... A group of like minded, yet different minded individuals who mostly want to discuss sports and their specific team, but also occasionally expand to other topics like music and current events.
What fun would that be>?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have a tree house can we have a woman haters club?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A secret anonymous club. you can join, pay dues but you never can be sure where the meetings are held. They're secret.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk dumb stats from HS and College track? Please please?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your favorite holiday and why?

Thanksgiving for me, i make a killer turkey on my kettle and a delicious potato dish with Garlic, Heavy Cream, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary, Freshly Grated Parmesean and Jarlsberg cheese. To die for. And I guess some family and friends

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk dumb stats from HS and College track? Please please?
anything dumb is ALWAYS encouraged!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanksgiving for me, i make a killer turkey on my kettle and a delicious potato dish with Garlic, Heavy Cream, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary, Freshly Grated Parmesean and Jarlsberg cheese. To die for. And I guess some family and friends
Thanksgiving for me too...

Of course the food is a big part of it, but because it's truly family focused (wrapping in the close friends that are truly family). Not because I'm all touchy feely about family, but you have your best times when your with family and the focus isn't distracted by something else like who got cheated in the secret Santa or who underbought for the Yankee swap, or who graduated (not a bad thing in this case).

On TG pickup football or basketball games happen where the little ones are included and get a special edge. Board games breakout (even they they are Bored games every other day), even doing the dishes becomes a team sport with constant conversation and laughter always breaking out.

....and the meal, yes THE MEAL.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next one.

When you get to a point where the road in front of you is a lot shorter than the one behind you, every holiday is special.

The next one is the hardest for me.

It was always the a great day for a parade and BBQ. It's no longer a "Memorial" Day. The parade is a socially acceptable group of rainbows, and causes that have nothing to do with the reason the day was set aside. I have way too many friend who are managing grass from the root side and way too many who gave everything and will never be appreciated. I try to make it a day of appreciation for them.

I also love Thanksgiving and plan to go to Yankee Rebs in November. He's talked so much about his BBQ and cooking, I think I should actually sample it and report back to the crowd in the Patriots forum. Agreed??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next one.

When you get to a point where the road in front of you is a lot shorter than the one behind you, every holiday is special.

The next one is the hardest for me.

It was always the a great day for a parade and BBQ. It's no longer a "Memorial" Day. The parade is a socially acceptable group of rainbows, and causes that have nothing to do with the reason the day was set aside. I have way too many friend who are managing grass from the root side and way too many who gave everything and will never be appreciated. I try to make it a day of appreciation for them.

I also love Thanksgiving and plan to go to Yankee Rebs in November. He's talked so much about his BBQ and cooking, I think I should actually sample it and report back to the crowd in the Patriots forum. Agreed??
BK - You are 70 (71?), not 90. While the road ahead may be shorter, it ain't the distance of a driveway.

It's more like you have moved off the highway and onto the winding parkway. There's still plenty of distance but faster speeds are more perilous and there are more hazards and opportunities to wreck. There are also occasional stop lights along the way where it might be easy to go through them without stopping, but not stopping could cost your life.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on the year, it's either Thanksgiving or Super Bowl Sunday.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the year, it's either Thanksgiving or Super Bowl Sunday.
are you listening YR? Maybe if you are so incline, a future QOD could be "What Holiday would you add to the calendar"?

I wouldn't get up earlier than you and post this primarily because <SHOUT OUT>You have done a phenomenal job with these. Not only have these been interesting, it's given us an opportunity get to know more about each other. Seriously, take a bow.</shout out>

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you listening YR? Maybe if you are so incline, a future QOD could be "What Holiday would you add to the calendar"?

I wouldn't get up earlier than you and post this primarily because <SHOUT OUT>You have done a phenomenal job with these. Not only have these been interesting, it's given us an opportunity get to know more about each other. Seriously, take a bow.</shout out>
Thanks. And we can do a twofer this being said...

"What Holiday would you add to the calendar"?

Emergency Responders Day: This could be EMT, Firefighters, Police Officers, Emergency Room Workers, Active Duty Military etc

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK - You are 70 (71?), not 90. While the road ahead may be shorter, it ain't the distance of a driveway.
True, but I have Dioxin in my liver, kidneys and most of my major organs. Thank you Agent Orange. Yeah, I'm 71 and I'm making a huge effort to make physical improvements. Yesterday I hit a magic number on the scale.....250.00. On Jan.18 I weighed in at 291.6. In February I started going to Planet Fitness two days a week. Now I go four times a week. The other three days I go for a mile and half walk. I've gone from a 50" waist to a 42". I don't expect to live longer, but I'm hoping the time I have left is better quality. I died once and I didn't rise up and see my body or any bright lights so I'm not sure what happens when it's permanent. Fortunately it was on the operating table when I had my first heart surgery and everyone else knew what to do. I figure that if I can lose another 20 by May 2022 I might stay around until 2050.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I have Dioxin in my liver, kidneys and most of my major organs. Thank you Agent Orange. Yeah, I'm 71 and I'm making a huge effort to make physical improvements. Yesterday I hit a magic number on the scale.....250.00. On Jan.18 I weighed in at 291.6. In February I started going to Planet Fitness two days a week. Now I go four times a week. The other three days I go for a mile and half walk. I've gone from a 50" waist to a 42". I don't expect to live longer, but I'm hoping the time I have left is better quality. I died once and I didn't rise up and see my body or any bright lights so I'm not sure what happens when it's permanent. Fortunately it was on the operating table when I had my first heart surgery and everyone else knew what to do. I figure that if I can lose another 20 by May 2022 I might stay around until 2050.
Wow that Sir is super amazing the effort and results. You keep it at BK don't quit and reward day's aren't real, but they are fantastic,.