• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated

Crab legs
Grateful Dead
Zoo
Yellowstone Park
Denzel Washington

Underrated

Your dogs excitement when you get home
Onion dip
Ben Coates
Yard work. Sucks doing it. Love the results
Fresca
Grateful dead is not over rated!!!

They just fuckin suck.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first live concert was at Berkley.

Joan Baez was the top draw

Her accompanist on a piano was an unknown who stole the show..........Elton John.

Went back the following week to another one.

Led Zepplin and band from Oakland ....Tower of Power. First and only time I ever smoked weed. Totally screwed my head but the music was incredible.

Had to love free tickets from the USO.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first live concert was at Berkley.

Joan Baez was the top draw

Her accompanist on a piano was an unknown who stole the show..........Elton John.

Went back the following week to another one.

Led Zepplin and band from Oakland ....Tower of Power. First and only time I ever smoked weed. Totally screwed my head but the music was incredible.

Had to love free tickets from the USO.
Buffalo Springfield played at my junir high school graduation.
Saw Jim Croce playing for quarters on a pier in Socal.
Saw Heart playing in a bar in Seattle U district.
Eagles played at my Junior College in the summer.
Favorite concert band? Toss-up between J Geils and Newsboys.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had the power to change something what from your childhood would change?

I would not have bullied other kids.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father's health. He had COPD from the 1940's until his death in 1972. There were no drugs or inhalers and the man suffered from Asthma, Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis his entire life. He could never play ball or do much of anything with me that required exertion. He was a good man and worked his ass off to support us. I never take a deep breath without thinking of him, because he couldn't.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was mostly a likeable kid but being insecure, I picked up some unlikeable habits to feel more secure. I would go back and recognize everyone has insecurities and there's no need to try and be somebody else, especially when that somebody else isn't likeable.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My parents would not have divorced
I would not have started drinking when I did.
I would not have started smoking.
I would not have been the asshole that I was to those that were weaker or slower witted.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents would not have divorced
I would not have started drinking when I did.
I would not have started smoking.
I would not have been the asshole that I was to those that were weaker or slower witted.
So you still struggle with this one huh?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you still struggle with this one huh?
I was bullied.
I was bullied by kids my own age and size but in groups because they knew I could not take them all, by older kids that were of course larger, and by adults. A teacher stands out, a custodian at the school, and a coworker/supervisor that worked with when I pumped gas at 12 - 13 years old. For no other reason than I was the new kid in town. The town we moved to in Vermont was very bigoted and biased in the '70's and I regret a lot of the views I acquired.
It was a very formative time, I learned that as one bullies a smaller/weaker/slower person they earn "Respect" of those around them.

As I got older/bigger/stronger/quicker witted, I became them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have made an effort in school. I got A's and F's. I set the high school record for number of missed days, tardies, cuts and general truancy and still graduated. what might have been.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bullied.
I was bullied by kids my own age and size but in groups because they knew I could not take them all, by older kids that were of course larger, and by adults. A teacher stands out, a custodian at the school, and a coworker/supervisor that worked with when I pumped gas at 12 - 13 years old. For no other reason than I was the new kid in town. The town we moved to in Vermont was very bigoted and biased in the '70's and I regret a lot of the views I acquired.
It was a very formative time, I learned that as one bullies a smaller/weaker/slower person they earn "Respect" of those around them.

As I got older/bigger/stronger/quicker witted, I became them.
I too grow up in a bigoted town and somehow it didn't rub off on me. I remember dumbasses laughing at a black kid who was flunking an AP class when they were too stupid to get into the class.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have made an effort in school. I got A's and F's. I set the high school record for number of missed days, tardies, cuts and general truancy and still graduated. what might have been.....
Don't discount that you just may be been being yourself. I wish I studied harder but it wasn't in my DNA. What was in my DNA was to see a problem that interested me and exhaustively try until I figured it out. I learned to solve problems for myself instead of solving problems for which everyone already knew the answer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't discount that you just may be been being yourself. I wish I studied harder but it wasn't in my DNA. What was in my DNA was to see a problem that interested me and exhaustively try until I figured it out. I learned to solve problems for myself instead of solving problems for which everyone already knew the answer.
I was a science fan. I read science essay from 10 years old.
When I took required acxhievement tests as a senior, i maxed 4 out of 6 subjects, including the highest test score (in science) in the country.
My worst subject I was in the 88th percentile. No telling what I might have done if I hadn't closed so many doors.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for me I think I would have studied harder if my folks had stayed together.
My step dad was an 8th grade drop out. Not dumb at all, he built a great plumbing business, which took years of night school and journeyman internship, but the discipline to study and get good grades in high school wasn't there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a science fan. I read science essay from 10 years old.
When I took required acxhievement tests as a senior, i maxed 4 out of 6 subjects, including the highest test score (in science) in the country.
My worst subject I was in the 88th percentile. No telling what I might have done if I hadn't closed so many doors.....
But what level of success have you achieved? My guess is above that 88th percentile but beneath the highest in the country. Compare what you did against everyone else instead of comparing to the "perfect you" and you'll see you grade out pretty damn well.

Here's a quick question: What's a perfect score in golf? The usual answer is par, but the actual answer is 18, but who the fuck can shoot an 18? Par was invented to add a realistic standard to measure golfers against.

Life doesn't have that standard built in so we all make up ways to score ourselves.