• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your favorite holiday and why?

Thanksgiving for me, i make a killer turkey on my kettle and a delicious potato dish with Garlic, Heavy Cream, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary, Freshly Grated Parmesean and Jarlsberg cheese. To die for. And I guess some family and friends
My favorite during my time in California would have been Memorial Day. The California Delta "opens" the weekend before and then we would always take the 4 day holiday on the Delta. Great memories.

It isn't Christmas. Nothing against the holiday but I lost my wife, mother, sister and others at Christmas. I usually spend the holiday wondering who's next.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. And we can do a twofer this being said...

"What Holiday would you add to the calendar"?

Emergency Responders Day: This could be EMT, Firefighters, Police Officers, Emergency Room Workers, Active Duty Military etc
This is a great response but with a caveat. So tired of shouts to these groups/individuals when done in a self serving way (using the shout out to grab attention for yourself, business, cause, etc.), instead of trying to push attention toward the selfless work of the individuals.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. And we can do a twofer this being said...

"What Holiday would you add to the calendar"?

Emergency Responders Day: This could be EMT, Firefighters, Police Officers, Emergency Room Workers, Active Duty Military etc
I'd add a second Thanksgiving day and make it an individual holiday where we all stop bitching about what we don't have or what someone else gets that's undeserved, and we each focus on what we do have, and what we have earned and be thankful for that.

If everyone occasionally focused on what they actually have and have earned, we all might be in better place to start earning more instead of just waiting for what we deserve.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add a second Thanksgiving day and make it an individual holiday where we all stop bitching about what we don't have or what someone else gets that's undeserved, and we each focus on what we do have, and what we have earned and be thankful for that.

If everyone occasionally focused on what they actually have and have earned, we all might be in better place to start earning more instead of just waiting for what we deserve.
I pay that I neber get what I deserve.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I have Dioxin in my liver, kidneys and most of my major organs. Thank you Agent Orange. Yeah, I'm 71 and I'm making a huge effort to make physical improvements. Yesterday I hit a magic number on the scale.....250.00. On Jan.18 I weighed in at 291.6. In February I started going to Planet Fitness two days a week. Now I go four times a week. The other three days I go for a mile and half walk. I've gone from a 50" waist to a 42". I don't expect to live longer, but I'm hoping the time I have left is better quality. I died once and I didn't rise up and see my body or any bright lights so I'm not sure what happens when it's permanent. Fortunately it was on the operating table when I had my first heart surgery and everyone else knew what to do. I figure that if I can lose another 20 by May 2022 I might stay around until 2050.
Sorry BK - My response may have come off as a bit insensitive. But I think you proved my point about driving the parkway responsibly...

Some words are funny like "responsible". You can be responsible, "not responsible" and irresponsible. "not responsible" and irresponsible are not the same. You are truly taking responsibility, which does not mean before you were irresponsible. Kudos.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite during my time in California would have been Memorial Day. The California Delta "opens" the weekend before and then we would always take the 4 day holiday on the Delta. Great memories.

It isn't Christmas. Nothing against the holiday but I lost my wife, mother, sister and others at Christmas. I usually spend the holiday wondering who's next.
Wow that's sad, but I think it's always tough when you spend so many holiday's with people then BAM you cannot. It's tough

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great response but with a caveat. So tired of shouts to these groups/individuals when done in a self serving way (using the shout out to grab attention for yourself, business, cause, etc.), instead of trying to push attention toward the selfless work of the individuals.
Agreed like Facebook likes. EX: "Like if you support combat veterans" I don't see the purpose of that other than to get people to like your post. I proudly support combat vets, and upon my retirement plan to be a volunteer at the local VA. I can show support in a lot of way's but not to make some internet nobody feel secure about themselves

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed like Facebook likes. EX: "Like if you support combat veterans" I don't see the purpose of that other than to get people to like your post. I proudly support combat vets, and upon my retirement plan to be a volunteer at the local VA. I can show support in a lot of way's but not to make some internet nobody feel secure about themselves
I even have mixed feelings about other actions too. Lowes adding a special parking space for veterans, but is it there to actually recognize veterans or because it's an inexpensive way to publicize that "Lowes recognizes the contributions"? Or even, is it there to attract the business of a sizable group?

Altruism is wonderful, al-Fake-ism, not so much.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even have mixed feelings about other actions too. Lowes adding a special parking space for veterans, but is it there to actually recognize veterans or because it's an inexpensive way to publicize that "Lowes recognizes the contributions"? Or even, is it there to attract the business of a sizable group?

Never thought about the Lowe's parking which I use, I would like to think it's a thank you, but I can see where Vet's might get together and talk about that feature and I can see how it might drum up or take business from a like company.

Damn now I have to choose whether or not to park there anymore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought about the Lowe's parking which I use, I would like to think it's a thank you, but I can see where Vet's might get together and talk about that feature and I can see how it might drum up or take business from a like company.

Damn now I have to choose whether or not to park there anymore.
I buy at Lowe's. I get a 10% vets discount on everything I buy plus the 5% if I use the Lowe's card. $300 off a $2000 refrigerator is worth it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy at Lowe's. I get a 10% vets discount on everything I buy plus the 5% if I use the Lowe's card. $300 off a $2000 refrigerator is worth it.
I wasn't trying to call out Lowes. It was an observational example. If they are giving you that type of discount then they are giving from where it hurts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Working overseas you quickly find out that Home Depot will not ship to AP address's. Lowes does!
Lowes gives 10 pecent discount to veterans - every day.
I appreciate Lowes recognition for veterans. They back it up with there actions.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite Holiday.... without a doubt is Easter. The night before dying eggs with the kids and grandchildren. To this day we still hide eggs for our adult kids. 29... 26...23...22. And they love searching for them. Get to be kids again. For one day. Just typing this makes me smile.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite Holiday.... without a doubt is Easter. The night before dying eggs with the kids and grandchildren. To this day we still hide eggs for our adult kids. 29... 26...23...22. And they love searching for them. Get to be kids again. For one day. Just typing this makes me smile.
So you do smile?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working overseas you quickly find out that Home Depot will not ship to AP address's. Lowes does!
Lowes gives 10 pecent discount to veterans - every day.
I appreciate Lowes recognition for veterans. They back it up with there actions.
seems I picked a bad example using lowes