• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel the 2nd Amendment is misrepresented by lawyers and gun advocates?

Yes
What in this day is not misrepresented by attorneys??

Of course it also depend on which side of the fence that you stand.

Therefore, the Patriots Board isn't a place to get into a political discussion or argument.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in this day is not misrepresented by attorneys??

Of course it also depend on which side of the fence that you stand.

Therefore, the Patriots Board isn't a place to get into a political discussion or argument.
Dude it's again it's an off season question of the day, if you don't want to answer don't. Honestly do you work on being an insufferable douche or do you come by it naturally?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes
I think it's vastly mispresented. The intention in the constitution is declared by the reference to a regulated militia and is intended exclusively as a measure for citizens to keep the government in control through an alternate regulated military. It isn't intended to allow individual home owner the right to bear arms against an intruder or neighbor.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it's again it's an off season question of the day, if you don't want to answer don't. Honestly do you work on being an insufferable douche or do you come by it naturally?
You ask for opinions and I gave you mine. Your the insufferable douche because you can't deal with other people's opinions. Your in a sports forum and asking political questions or things not related and asking for other people's opinions is what you get.

The bigger problem is that you get set off when someone says something that you don't agree with.

You also call everyone you don't agree with names and you insult them. I don't know if you think it makes you appear to be a big tough guy or you just know that you can get away with something that you'd never have the balls to say in person.

I answered your question directly about attorneys and made a statement about the question itself. You asked for opinions and got mine. you didn't like it and pouted like the little bitch that you are. So fuck you and the mule you rode in on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ask for opinions and I gave you mine. Your the insufferable douche because you can't deal with other people's opinions. Your in a sports forum and asking political questions or things not related and asking for other people's opinions is what you get.

The bigger problem is that you get set off when someone says something that you don't agree with.

You also call everyone you don't agree with names and you insult them. I don't know if you think it makes you appear to be a big tough guy or you just know that you can get away with something that you'd never have the balls to say in person.

I answered your question directly about attorneys and made a statement about the question itself. You asked for opinions and got mine. you didn't like it and pouted like the little bitch that you are. So fuck you and the mule you rode in on.
The comment of " This does not belong on the Patriots Board" when the title of the thread is " Off Season question of the day" clearly points out that once again you are the insufferable douche'. It's apparent it's not about football, it's apparent it's off season, it's apparent it's just to pass time until the draft, and it's equally apparent you don't understand the intent of the thread, and if you claim to understand and then make asinine comments like " Does not belong in the Pats board it shows how much of an ass you are being. If you want to comment on the question great if you feel compelled to bitch about it not being football related then ignore the entire thread.

If you want to pout again and log out for three day's that too is a very acceptable option.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes
Yes and no.

Which Lawyers?

The second amendment was not written when the founding fathers returned from a turkey hunt.
The second amendment was not written because the deer were coming.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

Which Lawyers?

The second amendment was not written when the founding fathers returned from a turkey hunt.
The second amendment was not written because the deer were coming.
You are correct it was ratified in 1791, even at that point I don't think our forefathers could have projected where weaponry was headed. And I whole hardheartedly agree that the hunting rifles even side arms for how protection are not the problem. I do feel there are a huge number of people that own automatic firearms and weapons capable of mass destruction that should not and do not fall under the guise of the 2nd Amendment. So the lawyers I speak of are the lawyers that defend those people and those weapons.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am different. (duh!)
I believe in the right to bear arms. I also believe it is too easy to get automatic weapons for nut-joba and criminals.
What should we do?
We nned a national data base and there should be red flag events that disqualify people.
The fact that you own 50 guns and a truckload of ammunition worries me - even though I have known collectors.
It worries me when someone has constant contact with their weapon.
Under the pillow, next to the shower, on the seat of your car......
Why the fuck do you do that?
I have been all over the world. Been in almost every big city in the US. In the slums, even at night.
I don't feel the need for protection.
I was at war with drug dealers at one point of my life. I'm still here.
I love to hunt. I do not like to kill but will do as part of the sport.
I despise trophy hunters! I eat what I kill. Usually.
I would have no trouble shooting rats, gophers or CA sea otters.
I don't currently own a gun but if we talk about taking away that right, I will go buy 2 - and a bunch of ammunition.
I love our country but don't trust our politicians to get it right.
What do we do?????

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am different. (duh!)
I believe in the right to bear arms. I also believe it is too easy to get automatic weapons for nut-joba and criminals.
What should we do?
We nned a national data base and there should be red flag events that disqualify people.
The fact that you own 50 guns and a truckload of ammunition worries me - even though I have known collectors.
I have been all over the world. Been in almost every big city in the US. In the slums, even at night.
I don't currently own a gun but if we talk about taking away that right, I will go buy 2 - and a bunch of ammunition.
What do we do?????
That is almost exactly how I feel.

As it reads: “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Issues are: How do we clearly define a well regulated militia? I certainly do not think it's some guy in Minnesota with 35 AR15, 2 AK47s etc...
Also who defines the "Security of a free state" and should,'t that tie into a well regulated militia?

I think in order to get some sort of control it all comes down to punishment, I feel if you get caught with a gun or commit a crime with a gun and it's not in your possession by authorized means the penalty has to be incredibly harsh min 20 years no parole. Mass use to have some of the toughest gun laws in the nation, not sure where they stand now but I say start somewhere along those lines.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BK - This smacks of being a retaliatory post. This is a sports forum which means a forum of sports fans, not a forum for exclusive discussion of sports.

While political and religious views are a slippery slope, most here have proven they can handle and respect different opinions of those types. Sure we may disrespect each others opinions regarding the Pats, but usually that's in good fun.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As it reads: “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Issues are: How do we clearly define a well regulated militia? I certainly do not think it's some guy in Minnesota with 35 AR15, 2 AK47s etc...
Also who defines the "Security of a free state" and should,'t that tie into a well regulated militia?

I think in order to get some sort of control it all comes down to punishment, I feel if you get caught with a gun or commit a crime with a gun and it's not in your possession by authorized means the penalty has to be incredibly harsh min 20 years no parole. Mass use to have some of the toughest gun laws in the nation, not sure where they stand now but I say start somewhere along those lines.
CA tried a"use a gun, go to prison" law. While it did help back then, CA has chosen a deifferent route now.
Sanctuary state
No bail - steal a car, get a ticket!
Unconstitutional cancelling right of trial by jury on infractions.
Closing ICE detention centers.
"constructive" posession of a concealed weapon.
Just examples.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CA tried a"use a gun, go to prison" law. While it did help back then, CA has chosen a deifferent route now.
Sanctuary state
No bail - steal a car, get a ticket!
Unconstitutional cancelling right of trial by jury on infractions.
Closing ICE detention centers.
"constructive" posession of a concealed weapon.
Just examples.
I always felt CA is way to left for their own good

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am different. (duh!)
What should we do?
What do we do?????

What's lost with the "gun control" debate is the constitution is the minimum guaranteed rights and not the entire body of rights. That's the 9th amendment. Just because a certain right isn't in the constitution (say the right to protect one's personal property with force) doesn't mean that right is not offered somewhere else. But, the preferred method is to use the constitution as the basis because it's perceived as more difficult to change.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's lost with the "gun control" debate is the constitution is the minimum guaranteed rights and not the entire body of rights. That's the 9th amendment. Just because a certain right isn't in the constitution (say the right to protect one's personal property with force) doesn't mean that right is not offered somewhere else. But, the preferred method is to use the constitution as the basis because it's perceived as more difficult to change.
I have to ponder this for a minute, I think I understand where you are coming from.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a nutshell you're implying that legal gun advocates use the constitution and not the amendment when presenting an argument to prevent any change or any gun control measure?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I am different. (duh!)
2) I believe in the right to bear arms. I also believe it is too easy to get automatic weapons for nut-joba and criminals.
3) What should we do?
4) e fact that you own 50 guns and a truckload of ammunition worries me - even though I have known collectors.
5) It worries me when someone has constant contact with their weapon.
6) Under the pillow, next to the shower, on the seat of your car......
7) Why the fuck do you do that?
8) I have been all over the world. Been in almost every big city in the US. In the slums, even at night.
9) I don't feel the need for protection.
10) I was at war with drug dealers at one point of my life. I'm still here.
11) I love to hunt. I do not like to kill but will do as part of the sport.
12) I despise trophy hunters! I eat what I kill. Usually.
13) I would have no trouble shooting rats, gophers or CA sea otters.
14) I don't currently own a gun but if we talk about taking away that right, I will go buy 2 - and a bunch of ammunition.
15) I love our country but don't trust our politicians to get it right.
16) What do we do?????
1) I am...not the same...?
2) Same. Too hard for me, too easy for nut jobs. Automatic is automatic and not semiautomatic of course. Even a single shot is too easily obtained by said nut jobs.
3) A national data base on mental illness that flags an intended purchase for a longer wait period for those that have demonstrated different mental instabilities?
4) I do not own 50 guns. I honestly do not care how many you own or do not own or what kind they are. Well, to a degree. I do know a guy that owns a dozen or so AR-15's. Different calibers, different barrel lengths, different accessories, different intended uses. I also know a guy that has over 100 rifles alone. the vast majority are collectables from various countries at various points of history. I also know another guy that claimed to own well over 1000. Not a one was a AR-15 or AK-47 or similar. They were all typical hunting or plinking rifles in every imaginable caliber and action. He said they were all an investment and that they were his retirement plan. I hate the ammo stock pilers just because they are the ones that have the ability to buy the ammo as it hits the shelf at 9:00 am when I am at work!!! Other than that, how much ammo is enough? If there is a sever disaster, a line of tornadoes followed by a massive ice storm, or a large cat 5 hurricane, massive earthquake...I have a freezer full of meat but not everyone does. I would love nothing more than to be able to share and help my friends and neighbors. But...ain't nobody going to come take what I have.
5) I care not whether you carry 100% of the time, or 0%. I really care not. I do not carry 100% of the time, pretty much 0%. I worry about somebody telling me I cannot carry at all.
6) An unloaded locked up gun is the most useless tool one can own.
7) Bad things will probably never happen to me. Or you. But, do you wear a seatbelt? Check your meat temp? Lock your doors? Armed intrusions DO occur. I prefer a BFD of the GSD variety as a first line of home protection.
8) Me too, somewhat. Uncomfortably so in East St. Louis, Memphis, South Side Chicago and the Bronx. Was not carrying at any time and I felt...exposed.
9) I don't feel it's my place to decide someone elses need for protection not the level of protection needed.
10) Good for you.
11) I love being in the woods with any excuse. hunting and not shooting anything is a wonderful excuse. I already have a freezer full of meat.
12) Yes. No Trophies. Unless I'm attacked by a bear, Then I will want to mount that sucker if I live.
13) Gotta have the right firearm. 30/30 isn't it.
14) I have those 2. I may need to for my wife/son/daughter
15) We are the same in some respects.
16) I would rather give up some doctor patient privacy than have a national data base of gun owners. But that is what works FOR ME. Aside from that...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I am...not the same...?
2) Same. Too hard for me, too easy for nut jobs. Automatic is automatic and not semiautomatic of course. Even a single shot is too easily obtained by said nut jobs.
3) A national data base on mental illness that flags an intended purchase for a longer wait period for those that have demonstrated different mental instabilities?
4) I do not own 50 guns. I honestly do not care how many you own or do not own or what kind they are. Well, to a degree. I do know a guy that owns a dozen or so AR-15's. Different calibers, different barrel lengths, different accessories, different intended uses. I also know a guy that has over 100 rifles alone. the vast majority are collectables from various countries at various points of history. I also know another guy that claimed to own well over 1000. Not a one was a AR-15 or AK-47 or similar. They were all typical hunting or plinking rifles in every imaginable caliber and action. He said they were all an investment and that they were his retirement plan. I hate the ammo stock pilers just because they are the ones that have the ability to buy the ammo as it hits the shelf at 9:00 am when I am at work!!! Other than that, how much ammo is enough? If there is a sever disaster, a line of tornadoes followed by a massive ice storm, or a large cat 5 hurricane, massive earthquake...I have a freezer full of meat but not everyone does. I would love nothing more than to be able to share and help my friends and neighbors. But...ain't nobody going to come take what I have.
5) I care not whether you carry 100% of the time, or 0%. I really care not. I do not carry 100% of the time, pretty much 0%. I worry about somebody telling me I cannot carry at all.
6) An unloaded locked up gun is the most useless tool one can own.
7) Bad things will probably never happen to me. Or you. But, do you wear a seatbelt? Check your meat temp? Lock your doors? Armed intrusions DO occur. I prefer a BFD of the GSD variety as a first line of home protection.
8) Me too, somewhat. Uncomfortably so in East St. Louis, Memphis, South Side Chicago and the Bronx. Was not carrying at any time and I felt...exposed.
9) I don't feel it's my place to decide someone elses need for protection not the level of protection needed.
10) Good for you.
11) I love being in the woods with any excuse. hunting and not shooting anything is a wonderful excuse. I already have a freezer full of meat.
12) Yes. No Trophies. Unless I'm attacked by a bear, Then I will want to mount that sucker if I live.
13) Gotta have the right firearm. 30/30 isn't it.
14) I have those 2. I may need to for my wife/son/daughter
15) We are the same in some respects.
16) I would rather give up some doctor patient privacy than have a national data base of gun owners. But that is what works FOR ME. Aside from that...
I wrote my stuff off the cuff.
We agree on more than you reallize from mypost.
Mine were random thoughts.
I won't kill a bear to eat but have eaten. I would kill bear to protect myself or others. Like you, I would definitely keep the pelt. Not going to mount the head though.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote my stuff off the cuff.
We agree on more than you reallize from mypost.
Mine were random thoughts.
I won't kill a bear to eat but have eaten. I would kill bear to protect myself or others. Like you, I would definitely keep the pelt. Not going to mount the head though.....
Yeah, I agreed with you on most of the stuff, just added my 2 bucks...or less...

Yes, bear skin rug, but I would not just go shoot one to prove I can shoot one. Had it a couple times, same bear-same cook, found it to be a bit tough and greasy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a nutshell you're implying that legal gun advocates use the constitution and not the amendment when presenting an argument to prevent any change or any gun control measure?
The ninth amendment only states that if something is not in the constitution that doesn't mean the constitution is against it. That's correct.

It is my belief the sole purpose of the second amendment is to keep the government from completely suppressing the will of the people. Beyond that, if you want guns go to congress or your state legislature.