• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds inexpensive.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K part of me is laughing at that... then the other part of me is like: "Wait is MrS serious?"

I mean jokes aside (or maybe it's not a joke, now I'm actually curious), Penny was a good RB that just couldn't stay healthy. It would've been interesting if he stayed and Walker/Penny were getting maybe 70/30% splits.

All I know is we have MAJOR holes at Center, RB, slot WR, ILB, and NT now... we don't have enough picks to solve all those. And if we have to let Neal walk (we placed a tender on him) then the minute Adams gets injured again after a stiff wind blows his direction, we're short at safety too.
Also, a guard either to replace Jackson or for depth depending on how you view Haynes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, it says UP to $10M on a 2 year deal, so with incentives or pending guaranteed that might be okay. Reed played a 3-4 DE last year in Green Bay's system and was a starter, so it looks like more rotational depth. Seattle is really going to need a nose tackle though... I'm really wondering at this point if they're considering trading back and grabbing either Ika or Benton.

Really depends how this contract reads, because the guaranteed should be <= $2M.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cheap, but really just a guy at this point

Very well could be. And if so, role players still have a place on a 53 man roster, especially at that position on ours right now. On top of that, a little experience is ok as well. I suspect we have some very young players on the DL once the draft is over.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jarran Reed is back on a 2 year deal. Now we just need Bobby, and what's old will be new again.

Jokes aside, solid move. He'll be 31 toward the end of the season, but that's still young enough to help improve the D.

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

I like this

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a guard either to replace Jackson or for depth depending on how you view Haynes.

Well I would have to think with the money they gave Haynes and release of Jackson they're just going to start Haynes. Haynes wasn't great last year, but the weird rotation thing we had going with him and Jackson was... weird lol.... he did pretty well his prior season if I recall, so the fact he can be a starter coming into this season and know that I think will help tremendously along with more consistent reps and playing time.

We will need another guard for backup though. We DESPERATELY need a center.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would have to think with the money they gave Haynes and release of Jackson they're just going to start Haynes. Haynes wasn't great last year, but the weird rotation thing we had going with him and Jackson was... weird lol.... he did pretty well his prior season if I recall, so the fact he can be a starter coming into this season and know that I think will help tremendously along with more consistent reps and playing time.

We will need another guard for backup though. We DESPERATELY need a center.
None of the centers in the draft are considered 1st round types McShay has Schmitz at 47 as the highest, but these rankings are not the same as mocks and very few centers are even ranked (McShay only ranked 5 and the last one was ranked at 217) so maybe Schmitz goes late 1st. Course players who play guard could be converted to center perhaps. Normally teams wait on drafting a center so hopefully, the Seahawks can wait and draft one later, maybe someone who can play guard or center.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the centers in the draft are considered 1st round types McShay has Schmitz at 47 as the highest, but these rankings are not the same as mocks and very few centers are even ranked (McShay only ranked 5 and the last one was ranked at 217) so maybe Schmitz goes late 1st. Course players who play guard could be converted to center perhaps. Normally teams wait on drafting a center so hopefully, the Seahawks can wait and draft one later, maybe someone who can play guard or center.

Well yes, but we gotta do something. I still like Steve Avila - he may draw a bit more in penalties but the guy will certainly get the run game going up the middle. He played guard I think his final year but he started 2021 mostly at center, so he could probably switch, although the guy is really big for a center.

Either way we've gotta figure out that position because there's only a handful of centers left that are better than Austin Blythe (which is saying VERY little as Blythe was one of the worst starting centers in the league) and they're all in their 30s.

I'm going to pull the Captain hindsight card, but why could we have drafted Humphrey over Eskridge? :Cry:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never been a huge Homer fan (although he was a good asset for special teams) and there are plenty of available runningbacks we can get to backup Walker that are better pure runners.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer was the best blocking back on the team and it wasn't even close to go along with his very good special teams play. The fact that we lost both Penny and Homer tells me we are drafting another RB to go along with a G, LBr, DT, C. It has to be a 2nd-3rd round pick also as they will be the #2 RB.

Homer was better than DJ Dallas. Right now this team is losing more talent than they are bringing in. Might have 6 to 8 rookie starters or at least playing big roles in 2023.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer was the best blocking back on the team and it wasn't even close to go along with his very good special teams play. The fact that we lost both Penny and Homer tells me we are drafting another RB to go along with a G, LBr, DT, C. It has to be a 2nd-3rd round pick also as they will be the #2 RB.

Homer was better than DJ Dallas. Right now this team is losing more talent than they are bringing in. Might have 6 to 8 rookie starters or at least playing big roles in 2023.

Eh there's still a number of runningbacks available in free agency as well... I do agree he was our best blocker and was a good player on STEAMS but we did lock up Bellore who's a stud on STEAMS as well, can't sign them all...

Homer has dealt with his own injury issues and frankly really has very little capability to backup Walker and sustain any sort of a viable ground game. Deejay is not as good of blocker but IMO is a better pure runner and also offers some special teams capability.

Going in with Homer/Walker/Dallas wouldn't have made me feel any better than just having Dallas/Walker at the moment.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh there's still a number of runningbacks available in free agency as well... I do agree he was our best blocker and was a good player on STEAMS but we did lock up Bellore who's a stud on STEAMS as well, can't sign them all...

Homer has dealt with his own injury issues and frankly really has very little capability to backup Walker and sustain any sort of a viable ground game. Deejay is not as good of blocker but IMO is a better pure runner and also offers some special teams capability.

Going in with Homer/Walker/Dallas wouldn't have made me feel any better than just having Dallas/Walker at the moment.

Homer wasnt just a better blocker than DJ and a better special teamer he was a better receiver also. If i was going to pick one to be on the team it's Homer Not DJ but I would also 100% replace BOTH if they are my #2 RB thats a no brainer neither one is capable of doing that but if push came to shove and i had to take one for my #2 it's Homer not DJ. Homer is a change of pace type player with the ability to make people look stupid and he is smart, cant discount that when looking at players. KJ showed all of us just how important the mental aspect of this game is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FO can find another Homer type RB in the mid rounds. With the holes on this team those 2nd and 3rd rounders need to go to other positions over RB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank Bigsby, I would draft him just for his name. he also has size and tackle breaking ability, reminds me a bit of Carson just a little shorter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of a surprise.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of a surprise.

I don't think it's a surprise at all. Someone had to be cut to get the Hawks over that 10 mill buffer to sign the draft picks ( with 2 firsts and seconds ). When looking at the roster he was one many had targeted to be released. This is about age and cap space and could give them a little wiggle room to think about bringing Wagner back.

The Hawks were sitting at like 7-8 mill of usable cap space now they are back over that line they have always liked to keep ( 10 mill ) I wouldn't be at all shocked if they get some more cap space and eat some dead money next year by releasing Adams in June. When looking at the 2024 FA list from this team the only need/want is signing Nwosu and maybe Lewis... well I would like Parkinson to also come back but these are guys that could get new contracts after the draft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a surprise at all. Someone had to be cut to get the Hawks over that 10 mill buffer to sign the draft picks ( with 2 firsts and seconds ). When looking at the roster he was one many had targeted to be released. This is about age and cap space and could give them a little wiggle room to think about bringing Wagner back.

The Hawks were sitting at like 7-8 mill of usable cap space now they are back over that line they have always liked to keep ( 10 mill ) I wouldn't be at all shocked if they get some more cap space and eat some dead money next year by releasing Adams in June. When looking at the 2024 FA list from this team the only need/want is signing Nwosu and maybe Lewis... well I would like Parkinson to also come back but these are guys that could get new contracts after the draft.

Just looked at OTC and saw this:

1679375005384.png

1679375072233.png

Still need to fit Bush and Love into their cap space and maybe Ryan Neil. Seahawks are very skinny on cap space right now. May need to redo a contract, maybe extend Nwosu and change salary into a bonus.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at OTC and saw this:

View attachment 323856

View attachment 323857

Still need to fit Bush and Love into their cap space and maybe Ryan Neil. Seahawks are very skinny on cap space right now. May need to redo a contract, maybe extend Nwosu and change salary into a bonus.

Yeah if i had to make a bet I would bet on some restructures coming along, HELL maybe Adams could restructure and save us a ton. The fact it's 2 million in effective cap blows my mind. I thought it was between 7 and 8 million.

How do the Saints have more cap space than us? I Swore they were in Cap hell just last month!

So hard to keep a real track on the Cap space because in two other places we are over 10 million with 12M and 15M respectively and both of those were updated yesterday. ( Before the release of Woods $3.67m )

Last edited: