• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably get too much for us to sign him, but id love to have him back
I don't want him back... His production has gone down and he'll be heading into his 9th season...

I'd rather have Kendricks, the LB the Vikings released today...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams are dumping whoever they can and starting over it appears.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree, I was surprised at how high Geno's salary could rise.

If he hits all those numbers and hopefully an improved defense via draft/FA that could mean Seattle is in a good spot going into the playoffs. I'm good with that.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the woman who, along with her soon-to-be-hubby, publicly stated that they would not engage in pre-marital sex in order to honor their Christian commitment to pre-marriage celibacy?

LOL. Yeah. Okay.

that whole thing was BS they were humping from day one lol. Also Ciara has ruined Wilson and turned a kid that believed what he would say to one that now says it to make others think he is still that guy. He is phony now and started to become one when he married Ciara. She single handedly changed Wilson into someone he isn't and he went with it willingly and he is whipped.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Penny. I think he would've been okay if he could've split more carries with Walker next year. Whenever he was on the field he was great.

I'm going to be super fuckin' annoyed if he finds the magical well of healing and gets 250 carries next year with Philly. With their offensive line he could easily lead the league in rushing.

That said, we are now thin at runningback as well... so we gotta go find someone else... We can't have Walker constantly on the field 24/7 - he was getting pretty high in snap count at certain points last year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wasn't that much of a favorite here but i'm kind of bummed... I was hoping we'd resign him...
Same here. He took a lot of grief for being injured, but he can play and would have been a fine RB2 option. And if he ever thought the Seattle fan base was tough on him for lack of durability, he better hope the good health fairy is riding with him in Philly.
That said, we are now thin at runningback as well... so we gotta go find someone else... We can't have Walker constantly on the field 24/7 - he was getting pretty high in snap count at certain points last year.
Yep, and in anticipation of not having Penny back and also not signing someone else to fill that backup role, I mentioned recently somewhere on this board that I expect a RB to picked 3rd round or earlier. Hell, this FO blew a 2nd on Christine Michael when Lynch was in the thick of his prime.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Penny. I think he would've been okay if he could've split more carries with Walker next year. Whenever he was on the field he was great.

I'm going to be super fuckin' annoyed if he finds the magical well of healing and gets 250 carries next year with Philly. With their offensive line he could easily lead the league in rushing.

Espn reporting he sprained his hammy walking to his car after signing the deal

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn reporting he sprained his hammy walking to his car after signing the deal

K part of me is laughing at that... then the other part of me is like: "Wait is MrS serious?"

I mean jokes aside (or maybe it's not a joke, now I'm actually curious), Penny was a good RB that just couldn't stay healthy. It would've been interesting if he stayed and Walker/Penny were getting maybe 70/30% splits.

All I know is we have MAJOR holes at Center, RB, slot WR, ILB, and NT now... we don't have enough picks to solve all those. And if we have to let Neal walk (we placed a tender on him) then the minute Adams gets injured again after a stiff wind blows his direction, we're short at safety too.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jarran Reed is back on a 2 year deal. Now we just need Bobby, and what's old will be new again.

Jokes aside, solid move. He'll be 31 toward the end of the season, but that's still young enough to help improve the D.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jarran Reed is back on a 2 year deal. Now we just need Bobby, and what's old will be new again.

Jokes aside, solid move. He'll be 31 toward the end of the season, but that's still young enough to help improve the D.
cheap, but really just a guy at this point
K part of me is laughing at that... then the other part of me is like: "Wait is MrS serious?"
it was a well deserved joke
I mean jokes aside (or maybe it's not a joke, now I'm actually curious), Penny was a good RB that just couldn't stay healthy. It would've been interesting if he stayed and Walker/Penny were getting maybe 70/30% splits.
a rookie would be far more valuable to this team than old man penny
All I know is we have MAJOR holes at Center, RB, slot WR, ILB, and NT now... we don't have enough picks to solve all those. And if we have to let Neal walk (we placed a tender on him) then the minute Adams gets injured again after a stiff wind blows his direction, we're short at safety too.
we can fill C, ILB, DT/NT with our first 50 picks. We can find a RB basically anywhere, and WR later in round 2 if we really must.