• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don’t trade him trade Ironman

Ionman is on a reasonable contract and is producing. Why would you trade him? You would actually turn down a 2nd round pick for Rk or J. Allen? That's crazy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ionman is on a reasonable contract and is producing. Why would you trade him? You would actually turn down a 2nd round pick for Rk or J. Allen? That's crazy
I turn it down on Allen for sure . Allen is on a rookie deal

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When healthy this guy is a beast!! I'm not sure why folks have soured on this player. J.D-R will get a lot more out of our current guys than some here realize, if for no other reason, putting them in position to make clean up plays.

Heretofore, our D linemen were asked to "catch" or occupy space allowing the linebackers to make tackles. In a 4-3 base set our D-line will make tackles on the way to the QB. The difference will become obvious to all of us this year. Look for the former Alabama guys to thrive in the new defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am very clear here because I am not for getting rid of Jon Allen but he is in the 4th year of his rookie contract so they either sign him to a new contract or he gets a big raise for his 5th and last year.

Dead against trading Ironman, right now he is the best lineman on the team. Not by a mile and once Allen and Payne are signed they will make more.

I am not sleeping on SDH. I expect him and Holcomb to fit best in the 4-3.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too many dlineman if we draft Young. You lost your mind for wanting to trade Ionman.
I would trade a guy we drafted in round 5 to get a 2nd rounder over taking a loss on trading the first rounder for a net loss 2nd rounder . You don’t win by taking losses on investments

I wouldn’t trade anyone at this point on the d/ line save RK .

I would definitely consider trading out of number 2 depending on the TW situation ,the haul we could get , and how many holes we could fill ( doesn’t mean I do it ) in FA

if injuries hit that d/ line we could very well use that depth

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade a guy we drafted in round 5 to get a 2nd rounder over taking a loss on trading the first rounder for a net loss 2nd rounder . You don’t win by taking losses on investments

I wouldn’t trade anyone at this point on the d/ line save RK .

I would definitely consider trading out of number 2 depending on the TW situation ,the haul we could get , and how many holes we could fill ( doesn’t mean I do it ) in FA

if injuries hit that d/ line we could very well use that depth

You have to trade now when you have value. Otherwise you lose these guys in FA. No way I'm trading #2 Young. RK's best days are behind him, Allen got lost in the shuffle b/c we will be drafting two DE's in back to back years in the first round. We still have dline depth if we trade ONE of these guys. We have depth at DT with Settle and depth at De with either Allen or RK. Im saying trade one of them. So your depth issue doesn't make sense. You cant keep four 1st round De's on our roster. cmon man.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to trade now when you have value. Otherwise you lose these guys in FA. No way I'm trading #2 Young. RK's best days are behind him, Allen got lost in the shuffle b/c we will be drafting two DE's in back to back years in the first round. We still have dline depth if we trade ONE of these guys. We have depth at DT with Settle and depth at De with either Allen or RK. Im saying trade one of them. So your depth issue doesn't make sense. You cant keep four 1st round De's on our roster. cmon man.

If we do draft young, we will literally have spent our last four 1st round picks on DLine with little to show for it. Granted we had two 1st rounder last year of course.

We starting to be like the Detroit Lions when the used thee 1st round picks on WR. We need to spead out our talent.

Obviously pushing all of our 1st round picks to the DLine is not working or we would not be drafting #2 overall. I just can't bring myself to the fact that we are developing a tradition of draftng DLine in the 1st round each year now. Good news is we should be done after this year...LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago we had the best TE position in years then injuries struck , we had good cbs years ago ,we traded fuller ,injuries struck and we had urine . A few years ago our o/line was great the injuries hit and we had arena guys playing ,

see the trend here ? And we have lots of cap room so we don’t have to make that choice now .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do draft young, we will literally have spent our last four 1st round picks on DLine with little to show for it. Granted we had two 1st rounder last year of course.

We starting to be like the Detroit Lions when the used thee 1st round picks on WR. We need to spead out our talent.

Obviously pushing all of our 1st round picks to the DLine is not working or we would not be drafting #2 overall. I just can't bring myself to the fact that we are developing a tradition of draftng DLine in the 1st round each year now. Good news is we should be done after this year...LOL

Just like Detroit didn't pass on Calvin Johnson we will not pass on Young. We need to trade RK or Allen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago we had the best TE position in years then injuries struck , we had good cbs years ago ,we traded fuller ,injuries struck and we had urine . A few years ago our o/line was great the injuries hit and we had arena guys playing ,

see the trend here ? And we have lots of cap room so we don’t have to make that choice now .

Yes we have to trade now when Allen and Rk still have trade value. Our cap room is going to get eaten up by our own FA's and Bradberry.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have to trade now when Allen and Rk still have trade value. Our cap room is going to get eaten up by our own FA's and Bradberry.
No it won’t and we haven’t signed anyone yet . Bradbury isn’t the panacea you make him out to be . And no we don’t have to make a choice on Allen at this time at all . RK could be restructured

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen’s trade value is only a second rounder then his trade value in no good anyway . You spent a first to get him and he has been a steal for us at 17

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen’s trade value is only a second rounder then his trade value in no good anyway . You spent a first to get him and he has been a steal for us at 17
He has, which is why he has value on a rookie deal however, I seriously believe he may be the odd man out unless we trade RK. It appears we restructure RK at the moment so how will this be handled?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has, which is why he has value on a rookie deal however, I seriously believe he may be the odd man out unless we trade RK. It appears we restructure RK at the moment so how will this be handled?
Why is he designated odd man out ? He is our starting DT with Payne with settle and Ironman the bu’s . We have sweat RK and possibly young at DE . Anderson most likely there along with brailford