• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, what does 'coward' have to do with being a HC at a certain level?

Any HC at the college level still has his many challenges. Some are different challenges such as recruiting, which can be argued is harder than being the NFL.

Some HC's are just good for the high school teams too. So if a college coach decides he wants to coach HS, doesn't mean he's a coward?!

Yeah, I think he's just a really passionate super fan who used a poor choice of words.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, what does 'coward' have to do with being a HC at a certain level?

Any HC at the college level still has his many challenges. Some are different challenges such as recruiting, which can be argued is harder than being the NFL.

Some HC's are just good for the high school teams too. So if a college coach decides he wants to coach HS, doesn't mean he's a coward?!

It's called context. Being a HC at any level is not a sign of cowardice. Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino were pure cowards....couldn't handle the NFL, so they ran back to college leaving their franchises to hang out to dry. Especially Petrino.....the quitter bolts in the middle of the season....couldn't even finish out the year.

If Kelly jumps from the Niners knowing the situation he got himself into, and runs back to college, then that is an act of cowardice. Doing so in the middle of an NFL season is even worse.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, age doesn't concern me that much, shannahan or holgrem could be our tom coughlin. I just want a coach that understands the relationship between defense and offense. We will never get a quality dc with kelly because the offense constantly puts the defense in disadvantage positions. Your defensive players are worn down to nothing by the end of the season.

In that case you don't want Shanahan. The offense was never the problem when he was in Was or Den(post Elway); his defensive units were always horrible, except for an odd year here or there. That's what did him in at his last two gigs. They were always in the bottom twenties, at the least.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops double post.:redface:

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case you don't want Shanahan. The offense was never the problem when he was in Was or Den(post Elway); his defensive units were always horrible, except for an odd year here or there. That's what did him in at his last two gigs. They were always in the bottom twenties, at the least.

While i agree with you there, i think the major issue there was the lack of quality drafting of defensive players where we actually have defensive talent it is just young and i believe him and gamble would build a quality team on both sides of the ball.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i agree with you there, i think the major issue there was the lack of quality drafting of defensive players where we actually have defensive talent it is just young and i believe him and gamble would build a quality team on both sides of the ball.

Having a real GM in place would make the bigger difference. Mike insisted on playing that role and was responsible for the lack of defensive talent on his teams. If he is solely a head coach and focuses strictly on the field then he could have your team rocking and rolling. Kaepernick is his ideal QB and could help him reach a higher level.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on our defensive talent now. Just not seeing it thus far. Maybe it will change

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a real GM in place would make the bigger difference. Mike insisted on playing that role and was responsible for the lack of defensive talent on his teams. If he is solely a head coach and focuses strictly on the field then he could have your team rocking and rolling. Kaepernick is his ideal QB and could help him reach a higher level.
There are very few coaches I would want to give GM duties to. We need a new GM, but I want to see someone above the HC. Critical that an offensive minded HC pick the right defensive coordinator

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with Firing Kelly if we clean house: meaning Fire GM, Scouts, and coaching staff and get rid of some of these players. I would start all over with this team. We have 0 talent on this team. least amount of talent in the NFL. We have drafted 4 years in a row on D and our D sucks. DC needs to go.

York needs to start to think about selling the team. he is really bad.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get the gist but filling these spots with quality isn't as easy as it sounds? So while not defending Baalke entirely, i'm ok with SOME of his moves or non moves entering this off season. Regarding this last draft specifically, i'm ok with going BPA, even if it did seem 'overboard' at CB.

1. QB - The way the draft trades went down, no way we'd draft a quality QB. We might've considered a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but those aren't "QB's of the future" anyway. You might as well see what Gabbert and yes even Kaep, can do in THIS offense. Don't see how Baalke could've improved QB in a reasonable manner, even in free agency?

2. WR - He could've signed a top FA or used a high pick here. No 'named' FA WR comes to my mind now, so not sure there was even one for us? Had we used a high pick on a WR, who would we have given up, Garnett and not have traded up?

3. OL - This is the "spot" you referenced as being filled. But beyond that, guess Baalke knew the roster better than we thought? He projected Tiller and Brown as good players and it worked out well. He also knew Kilgore was coming back from injury.

4. Pass Rusher - Similar to WR, he could've signed a top FA or used a high draft pick? I recall some teams paid a REALLY high price for pass rushers? Prices i wouldn't want to pay. The draft didn't have top pass rushers and then we'd ask the the same question, who would we have given up? You have to be extremely lucky to get a quality pass rusher past Round 1.

5. This came up after the draft and basically, there was no good ILB worth drafting.

These needs go further back than this off season, If anything, i think getting zero value from IR players hurt the most? No we wouldn't have gotten top players except maybe the 2nd rounder, but who knows? If those players filled in as good depth, it would've allowed him to trade up more?

They could have taken Prescott in the 4th who is looking good on a good team, which this team isn't. I guess they could have moved up for a guy like Will Fuller the Texans WR has 20 Rec, 327 yards, 2 Td's and 16.4 YPC. Which would put him near or at the top of the 49ers WR's statistically and he would probably get more looks here because he is the #2 in Houston behind Hopkins. At the end of the day I've felt for a while that Baalke needed to go his poor drafting has really cost this team and many of the players that were helping this team win were guys that the previous GM brought in.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the bright spots was CB robinson and BOOM he gets hurt. Bowman having a Good Season BOOM he gets hurt. Just not a good season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the bright spots was CB robinson and BOOM he gets hurt. Bowman having a Good Season BOOM he gets hurt. Just not a good season.

Yes, this team has been really hit with injuries the past three seasons. Can't stay healthy.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is Bowman's career is over? Such a shame, he was one of the last people (Joe Staley, Ball Boy being the others) on this team that were likeable.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with Firing Kelly if we clean house: meaning Fire GM, Scouts, and coaching staff and get rid of some of these players. I would start all over with this team. We have 0 talent on this team. least amount of talent in the NFL. We have drafted 4 years in a row on D and our D sucks. DC needs to go.

York needs to start to think about selling the team. he is really bad.

I'm with you completely. Bare minimum Baalke, Kelly, Gabbert, and Kaepernick must go. I wish the NFL would step in and make York get his crap together or take over the franchise. Bowman was one of the few NFL caliber players on the team. Unfortunately he is out so it's pointless to watch this team. Take to the 76ers method of tanking this year.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching them a few weeks back. I have better things to do with my Sunday's than sit around and watch a team full of bums, coached by a bum, and owned by a bum.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave up Sunday Ticket years ago because the overall NFL product is simply getting worse. The Niners product out-craps the rest of the league to a point where missing a Niner game means nothing to me anymore.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you completely. Bare minimum Baalke, Kelly, Gabbert, and Kaepernick must go. I wish the NFL would step in and make York get his crap together or take over the franchise. Bowman was one of the few NFL caliber players on the team. Unfortunately he is out so it's pointless to watch this team. Take to the 76ers method of tanking this year.

Unfortunately the only outcome I see other than the York's selling the team is for things to get so bad Denise York decides to bring in another football executive.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the only outcome I see other than the York's selling the team is for things to get so bad Denise York decides to bring in another football executive.

Afraid you are correct. I feel the football gods are condemning us for tearing down Candlestick.