• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Occaisional musings of C.L. Foote

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Christmas gift to SportsHoopla...
Was UF unfairly denied a national championship? * a corrolary to 1984. | Rivals Message Boards

I would like to know (this is more like a show of hands really than a vote). Who can honestly say thatr UF, regardless of their record (this thread isnt' about their record) was "unfairly" denied a NC? I want to know because I'm not making a statement about any other team's claim. I simply want to know if anyone really thinks UF was treated unfairly in 1984. Simply a yes or a no.

relative proficiency ratings. | Rivals Message Boards

I am again going to attempt to post relative proficiency ratings for all major conferences. I was given the "boot" after asking people to refrain from posting things that in my opinion don't really matter. I want to state my case before I post anything else. I've said people don't have to LIKE what I post. I don't mind people critiquing me or my work, provided it's done in a way I think we can all agree has civility to it. So people understand where I'm coming from , I wasn't born on the moon. I know stuff.

I studied engineering in college, and statistics in school and yes, I think I do know up from down. I don't think it matters if my results dont' agree with another person's POV. Frankly I don't care. I'm not doing it to make friends, and I'm not doing it to prove ANYTHING other than that statics do matter. Again I would like to ask that people refrain from posting things that aren't at least civil to the discourse. Finally, I'm not going to take shit off of anyone anymore. If someone has a grievance, I EXPECT them to take it up with me PERSONALLY. I am a human being and I can be contacted.

I expect people who want to start a fight with me can follow that procedure and yes I'm available for that should it become necessary, and no I won't back down simply because you don't like me or what I post and no I don't think it's very manly to cowardly post things without having contact information. And that goes for anyone here without a DICK.

My name is Christopher Lane Foote. I am 48 years old. I live in Alamosa Colorado. You can find me directly or you can tall or text me, and we can discuss any grievances there, not here, in PERSON.
(719) 505-5038. 418 Fourth St. Apt. B. Alamosa, Colorado 81101. People who want to make insultin comments can do it directly to me in person, without having to cower behind MAMA in MAMA's house. You can come here, and tell me in PERSON what you think about me, in my apartment. Cool.

Cumulative relative proficiency ratings (all-time) | Rivals Message Boards

1. SEC: .6964
2. Big Ten: .6576
3. Pac-12: .6276
4. Big XII/SWC: .6260
5. ACC: .5890
6. Big East/ AAC: .5752.
7. MAC/MWC: .3717
8. C-USA/Sun Belt: .3245

Mid-najor, cumulative.
1. AAC: .427
2. MWC: .409
3. WAC: .400
4. C-USA: .354
5. MAC: .344
6. Sun Belt .281
This should help clarify any confusion relative to how the major conferences compare, I grouped them together to address the 8-team paradigm. It should be self explanatory. Cumulative as in all years, combined.
There's a 2/1 differential favoring P-5 (major) to G-5 (mid-major( to keep that intact (it grows wider with CFP, 3/1 favoring P-5/G-5) something I noted I had to remove the AAC (exceeding the G-5 eligibility requirement).
To major status (they assume Big East status).
No I'm not giving the AAC preferential status.
Big East talks from .593 to .575 as a result of maintaining their exemption. The result is that all P-5 conferences benefit (its reflective I'm the ratings). I can address any reasonable questions bit will no longer tolerate rudeness.
I don't care if I get banned. You will all be theworse for it. Ban me. You're banning Einstein.

More to come later on...

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting bored. Just needed to liven the place up a bit.

Tigity

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in that thread.

UF cheats. No natty for teams on probation. The argument is moot

I hate that people give that kid such shit though. It is obvious he has Aspbergers/Autism spectrum disorder. You have to respect his tenacity though.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in that thread.

I hate that people give that kid such shit though. It is obvious he has Aspbergers/Autism spectrum disorder. You have to respect his tenacity though.
Then Bama needs to cough up like 3 of their titles.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in that thread.

I've been guilty of it myself. Especially that night he argued nonstop that the defefense couldnt stack the LOS or couldnt move til the ball was snapped.

This is something I think needs to be reviewed. Please review it for me. | Rivals Message Boards

Last edited:

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in that thread.

Tuff, he has no problem calling people names & cursing when anyone has another opinion.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's musings:

Born 25 September 1968. Had hoped I might blossom into an athlete but by the time I got to high school I was damaged goods. I'm 50 years old. I can't work because of a few problems I guess I got as a result of problems I have had.
I have some mental problems but mostly I simply can't work. I sometimes wonder of I will be around for long.
I'm sure nobody here cares. But its disappointing to me. Because I believe there is a God who will judge us all.
I don't mind when people disagree but it seems like people try to bring rude and disrespectful, what good is that? I've always wanted to kbow, can anyone explain that to me? I doubt it. Anyway I wonder sometimes how much longercIll be around, like I said Im 50 years old.

Tigity

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuff, he has no problem calling people names & cursing when anyone has another opinion.
I do not disagree with that but the kid has been mocked and ridiculed like heck. He was not always responded like that in his responses. Sadly it is nearly impossible to sway the opinion of a kid with Aspbergers in my experience... They often get locked into a line of thought and are impossible to reason with. They are also quite often obsessive about one subject etc etc.. For my nephew it is Godzilla and Star Wars for this kid it is obviously some oddball metric of measuring college football teams.

Edit. I just read your last post his age does not matter really.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you insert paragraphs for him

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not disagree with that but the kid has been mocked and ridiculed like heck. He was not always responded like that in his responses. Sadly it is nearly impossible to sway the opinion of a kid with Aspbergers in my experience... They often get locked into a line of thought and are impossible to reason with. They are also quite often obsessive about one subject etc etc.. For my nephew it is Godzilla and Star Wars for this kid it is obviously some oddball metric of measuring college football teams.

Edit. I just read your last post his age does not matter really.

I fully understand. I have one neighbor w/a child with it. Fortunately they were able to get an early diagnosis & got him to people who helped him understand his problems & find ways to deal w/it. The young man graduated college, has a good job & is getting married. He knows he's "slow" to catch on to social interaction, so he makes an effort to hang back until he understand the flow.

I have another friend who's grandson has it. Brilliant musician but can turn from well mannered child into screaming hysterical tantrums like he's possessed by the devil if he doesn't get his way.

As for Christopher, people, behind the scenes, have tried to help him & explain patiently how he's overreacting in this social environment. But he won't take advice which is why we see the biopolar type behavior from him. Praise him or you get the screaming devil tantrums.

I'm sorry for him but he simply will not listen to people trying to help.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tigity

Actually I think his age does matter. It appears they didn't get him help when he was younger but it wasn't as well known back then what this was...people probably just assumed he was "strange".

Not getting the help then & now he's too set in his ways to take advice makes for a very unhappy person.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been guilty of it myself. Especially that night he argued nonstop that the defefense couldnt stack the LOS or couldnt move til the ball was snapped.

This is something I think needs to be reviewed. Please review it for me. | Rivals Message Boards
I went off on that one and several others. Im still convinced hes just a shitty troll. He argued that UK didnt actually lose @aTm this year because it was in OT, so really we won. Im sorry but even people with mental disorders dont come up with shit like that.

Tigity

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tigity

Actually I think his age does matter. It appears they didn't get him help when he was younger but it wasn't as well known back then what this was...people probably just assumed he was "strange".

Not getting the help then & now he's too set in his ways to take advice makes for a very unhappy person.
Yea 50 years ago no one was diagnosed with the disorder unless massively severe autism was how the person presented. He was likely bullied and ridiculed to a massive degree. I have often discussed with my wife how kids like my nephew (on my side) were just called the weird kid and often bullied when we were growing up. They now say that 1-60 or so kids are diagnosed on the spectrum. I have no doubt that the number of kids with the disorder has not increased just the criteria for diagnosis and recognition of symptoms has changed the number. Not the real occurrence of the disorder in the population. She is a professor and does research into developing programs for people on the spectrum to find long term employment in a competitive work environment. Not long ago most of these people were put in homes or worked in disability workshops with little to no options for a normal life.

So I guess I just have a soft spot for the fella. Even though I have no clue most of the time what the hell he is talking about.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that one hit me as a troll. Nobody could be that silly & he refused to look at any evidence we put up. I think it was just a troll.
He said tha because he played football in Jr high and his coach told him so, he knew more than the rest of us about football. I would wager that a great number of us guys played football somewhere along the way and all of us have surely watched more than our fair share of it to know the rules.