• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oakland Raiders Ongoing Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CWood hanging them up after this year!! Thanks for all the great years you gave the RAIDERS CWood!!
A true RAIDER HOF'er!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CWood hanging them up after this year!! Thanks for all the great years you gave the RAIDERS CWood!!
A true RAIDER HOF'er!!

Class act through and through. Great player that just seems to have the fountain of youth in his backyard. I do wonder though if he would go in as a Raider or a Packer to the HOF. More years as a Raider but his Super Bowl and a lot of his individuals awards did happen with the Packers.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class act through and through. Great player that just seems to have the fountain of youth in his backyard. I do wonder though if he would go in as a Raider or a Packer to the HOF. More years as a Raider but his Super Bowl and a lot of his individuals awards did happen with the Packers.
CWood. is a PURE RAIDER HOF PLAYER..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of young talent on this team. Just shore up the inside of both lines and get a CB and this team is ready to compete.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of young talent on this team. Just shore up the inside of both lines and get a CB and this team is ready to compete.

No doubt!

Championships and longevity in this league are built around the big men, a quick look at our depth chart and FA list says DT and LT would be ideal places to either replace or add depth, and we gave up way too many yds in the air, not to mention one of the greatest ball hawks of all time hanging up the cleats.

Big shoes to fill in our secondary.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Silver and Black headed to Las Vegas.................:shocked: :shortbus: :stooges:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info Hammer.. He looks like a franchise QB.. Some out there said he was the best QB in this draft, but we all know why he fell.. We will fix him then flip him for a good pick.. Smart move on our part.. Why?? The next few years looks pretty bad for QBs.. Not till that UCLA QB comes will there be a good one..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info Hammer.. He looks like a franchise QB.. Some out there said he was the best QB in this draft, but we all know why he fell.. We will fix him then flip him for a good pick.. Smart move on our part.. Why?? The next few years looks pretty bad for QBs.. Not till that UCLA QB comes will there be a good one..

Or he could work and tear your locker room apart with not being a great locker room guy. Like I said earlier I was high on this kid because he was a winner in college and showed up in some big moments but the more I read about his off the field issues and the more you hear about how teammates didn't always get along with him the more you wonder is he worth having as a back up if he is a locker room cancer?

Now maybe he does develop and all those rumors are not true but I have to think teams heard something if a guy that was by some borderline a 1st round pick fell as far as he did. Obviously plenty of QB needy teams passed on this kid for a reason.

Also there are plenty of good QB prospects coming up. Deshaun Watson of Clemson looks special. He is the only QB in college football history to run for over 1000 yards and throw for over 4000 yards in a single season. He did that as a Sophomore.

Brad Kaaya of Miami looks like a very good option and maybe the next great pocket paser.

Chad Kelly is the best SEC QB by quite a bit.

Seth Russell of Baylor was on pace to have Baylor with the best offense we have ever seen in college football. He was 8-0 with the offense averaging 700 yards per game. When he went down Coleman's (1st round pick this year) numbers plummeted.

Then of course there is always somebody that emerges that people know very little about. A name to watch out for is C.J. Beathard of Iowa. Not a school known for producing great QB's but if he can match what he did last year he is going to turn some heads.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he could work and tear your locker room apart with not being a great locker room guy. Like I said earlier I was high on this kid because he was a winner in college and showed up in some big moments but the more I read about his off the field issues and the more you hear about how teammates didn't always get along with him the more you wonder is he worth having as a back up if he is a locker room cancer?

Now maybe he does develop and all those rumors are not true but I have to think teams heard something if a guy that was by some borderline a 1st round pick fell as far as he did. Obviously plenty of QB needy teams passed on this kid for a reason.

Also there are plenty of good QB prospects coming up. Deshaun Watson of Clemson looks special. He is the only QB in college football history to run for over 1000 yards and throw for over 4000 yards in a single season. He did that as a Sophomore.

Brad Kaaya of Miami looks like a very good option and maybe the next great pocket paser.

Chad Kelly is the best SEC QB by quite a bit.

Seth Russell of Baylor was on pace to have Baylor with the best offense we have ever seen in college football. He was 8-0 with the offense averaging 700 yards per game. When he went down Coleman's (1st round pick this year) numbers plummeted.

Then of course there is always somebody that emerges that people know very little about. A name to watch out for is C.J. Beathard of Iowa. Not a school known for producing great QB's but if he can match what he did last year he is going to turn some heads.
cd, we took his teammate Calhoun.. Im pretty sure the RAIDERS got the 411 right from the source.. Besides our scouts, and we have a guy that worked around Cook as well.. We did our research no doubt about it.. Reggie don't mess around.. Reggie was like, i have NEVER traded up ever so it felt weird, but the value was just to great.. The payoff to big for ONLY a 4th round pick.. If he continues to be a punk, we cut him no big deal.. 4th round pick..

And the only player that is a franchise imo is the UCLA QB that's it man.. The rest?? PASS

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, we took his teammate Calhoun.. Im pretty sure the RAIDERS got the 411 right from the source.. Besides our scouts, and we have a guy that worked around Cook as well.. We did our research no doubt about it.. Reggie don't mess around.. Reggie was like, i have NEVER traded up ever so it felt weird, but the value was just to great.. The payoff to big for ONLY a 4th round pick.. If he continues to be a punk, we cut him no big deal.. 4th round pick..

And the only player that is a franchise imo is the UCLA QB that's it man.. The rest?? PASS

Well we will just have to see. And again Idaho you are reading a bit too much into my post. I'm not saying that Cook can't be great or won't be great. I'm saying there is a lot of risk with him which is why teams passed on him for 3 straight rounds. I mean when the QB position is one of the most overdrafted positions in the entire league and teams still chose to pass on this guy that should show plenty talked to the coaches, ex-teammates of his and didn't feel comfortable investing a top pick in the kid. Also Calhoun is not a good choice of people to give the 411 on the kid. I'm guessing you have never been in a college or NFL locker room before. For the most part offensive and defensive players have little to do with each other. They will practice against each other but locker room wise they are on opposite sides of the room, meeting rooms there is very little cross over, so really their only interaction happens on the field and then some of them off the field. From what I understand Cook was not too much into hanging out with teammates off the field so again Calhoun would only be able to give his perspective based on what he sees on the field and well if he had better glowing reviews I doubt they wait clear to the 4th round to get him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will just have to see. And again Idaho you are reading a bit too much into my post. I'm not saying that Cook can't be great or won't be great. I'm saying there is a lot of risk with him which is why teams passed on him for 3 straight rounds. I mean when the QB position is one of the most overdrafted positions in the entire league and teams still chose to pass on this guy that should show plenty talked to the coaches, ex-teammates of his and didn't feel comfortable investing a top pick in the kid. Also Calhoun is not a good choice of people to give the 411 on the kid. I'm guessing you have never been in a college or NFL locker room before. For the most part offensive and defensive players have little to do with each other. They will practice against each other but locker room wise they are on opposite sides of the room, meeting rooms there is very little cross over, so really their only interaction happens on the field and then some of them off the field. From what I understand Cook was not too much into hanging out with teammates off the field so again Calhoun would only be able to give his perspective based on what he sees on the field and well if he had better glowing reviews I doubt they wait clear to the 4th round to get him.
cd, this is a lock room we are talking about, everybody knows everything.. It's like a house man, you know whats going on.. A talent like his for a 4th round pick, cmon man.. Can he play ball, if so we will flip him for a higher pick.. Everybody is saying the same thing i am?? If he's a good QB we flip him for a higher pick..
The guy has franchise tools for crying out loud.. Will he be one?? Maybe, but it won't be in Oakland..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Reports are Amari Cooper had a plantar fasciitis injury most of his rookie year. If he was injured and did what he did? I can't wait to see what he does this year!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Cory James was balling in the first preseason game. He run reads and coverage was impressive. Heeney better step it up!