• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard McBeef 4/5 stars. A little bit of a dropoff from the classic Mr. Brownstone, but still brought the edgy dialogue we've come to expect from a Cho Seung-Hui joint.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Angels Have Wings: 3/5 stars. It's always nice when you question if one of the main characters/minor protagonists is mentally challenged or not. The plot was ridiculously awful. I think I could have made a better one in 30 minutes while stoned. But the acting was phenomenal. Cary Grant stood out, as did Thomas Mitchell. Surely not a must-see, but not awful either

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell or Highwater. 4/5. Jeff Bridges is a crusty old modern day Texas Ranger on the verge of retirement, chasing two bank robber brothers who commit the crimes to prevent foreclosure on their house. Danner, the more violent of the two siblings, played by Ben Foster, is an ex-con screw-up and homicidal maniac. His brother, Chris Pine, is a slacker dad, but the less dangerous and more intelligent of the two, and plans the robberies. Good acting all around but I didn't care for the ending which amounts to a postponement of justice. Has enough gun action to please those who enjoy that aspect of westerns. Very good movie. You MoFos will like it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell or Highwater. 4/5. Jeff Bridges is a crusty old modern day Texas Ranger on the verge of retirement, chasing two bank robber brothers who commit the crimes to prevent foreclosure on their house. Danner, the more violent of the two siblings, played by Ben Foster, is an ex-con screw-up and homicidal maniac. His brother, Chris Pine, is a slacker dad, but the less dangerous and more intelligent of the two, and plans the robberies. Good acting all around but I didn't care for the ending which amounts to a postponement of justice. Has enough gun action to please those who enjoy that aspect of westerns. Very good movie. You MoFos will like it.
I have been wanting to see this one for a while. It had like a 98% or something on RT

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Criminal. 4/5. I like this thriller although many reviewer consider it assinnin. Costner plays a brutal convict extracted fron prison by the CIA so he can undergo a memory transfer from a near dead agent who possesses information concerning a terrorist plot. Costner's gets away but is tracked by agents in a Bourne-like video control room (get on it, fuckers!), ends up at the gead agent's house with his beautiful wife and child, and is pursued relentlessly by both the CIA and foreign agents in the usual fast-paced chase scenes.

Here are a few funny reviewer comments from Rotton Tomatoes:
As brain-swap movies go, this isn't half bad as long as you check your own brain at the door. :pound:

Agent Pope knew who and where this Dutchman was, and now it's up to Jerico to find him before the whole world is blown to smithereens. Which might not be that bad an idea if the future holds the promise of more movies as knuckleheaded as this one.:pound:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gangster Squad: 4/5. What a bad ass movie. You could tell the final shootout scene was meant to rival that of The Untouchables, and while it wasn't as good, the final physical, hand-to-hand fight was great. Everyone acted the hell out of this movie, especially Penn as Mickey Coen. Emma Stone was great smoking cigarettes and shit. Gosling was good as usual. I think the reason this movie scored so low on RT is because critics were expecting a mob movie like Goodfellas. That's not what this movie was. It was about the police force, and I really enjoyed it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored. I've listed all (seven) of my 5/5 movies, but never attempted to list all of my 4.5/5 ratings movies. I rate every single movie after I watch it on a 0-5 star rating with half stars. My ratings probably follow a normal distribution with the mean being about 3/5 stars, but I've never checked that. Alright, I'll list my 5/5 in order, but there's no way for me to list the 4.5/5 in order.

5/5
1. The Dark Knight
2. The Departed
3. Training Day
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Batman Begins
6. End of Watch
7. Gran Torino

Now for my 4.5/5. Again, no order whatsoever, not even alphabetized because I'm too lazy. You'll probably notice that I get fixated on one genre, franchise, actor and list all those movies in order, but again, that's completely convenient and coincidental; not planned. I also probably will have forgotten a few that I might add tomorrow when I can have coffee and stuff. Alright, here goes:

4.5/5
The Prestige
Prisoners
Shotgun Stories
99 Homes
Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Unbreakable
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Blood Diamond
Shutter Island
Django Unchained
Eye in the Sky
Gladiator
American Gangster
This is the End
Pineapple Express
Captain Phillips
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Se7en
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
The Revenant
The Hateful Eight
Moneyball
About Schmidt
Looper
The Hunger Games
Insomnia
The Aviator

And more I'm forgetting...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain America: Civil War: 4/5. A definite improvement on what I thought was a boring Avengers sequel. I haven't seen BVS, but I doubt their fight could hold up to that of Captain America vs. Iron Man. It was really good. Not too many characters, like AOU. Jeremy Renner's character and Vision were probably superfluous, but the movie didn't feel bloated. A departure from previous MCU films in that there was no central, superpower villain, but I thought the villain was adequate.

Tom Holland's portrayal of Peter Parker was phenomenal. As a lifelong fan of Spider-Man, him being my favorite comic-book character, I was happy with Peter Parker, but a little disappointed in his portrayal of Spider-Man. Still, pretty good, and better than Andrew Garfield. It's hard to judge him on 20 minutes of screen time. I look forward to Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House of Cards S1: 4/5 stars. Not always engaging, but when it was, it was pretty good. Corey Stoll kicked ass

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Citizen Kane: 2/5 stars. The ending was decent, but the rest of the movie was as depressing as Requiem For a Dream and as boring as Apocalypse Now

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Short: 4/5 stars. This is what The Wolf of Wall Street would have been like if it had actually been better than just good, and cared about having a meaning. What a shame the whole stock market crash was in '08. The cast was superb. Leo and Bale were great as per usual, Gosling and especially Brad Pitt were unrecognizable, and also great. But in this list of A-list actors, I can't believe Steve fucking Carrell outacted them all. What a performance. Classic Adam McKay film.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Short: 4/5 stars. This is what The Wolf of Wall Street would have been like if it had actually been better than just good, and cared about having a meaning. What a shame the whole stock market crash was in '08. The cast was superb. Leo and Bale were great as per usual, Gosling and especially Brad Pitt were unrecognizable, and also great. But in this list of A-list actors, I can't believe Steve fucking Carrell outacted them all. What a performance. Classic Adam McKay film.

:agree: Bale played hedge fund manager Michael Burry who studied the housing and lending industries, discovered the problems with sub-prime mortgages, figured it all out, bet on the crash, and made a few billion, along with a few others who got wind of his tactics. I have to see this again. Also, the book is a must read if you want to really understand how Burry did it and how corrupt lending practices were at the time.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Bale played hedge fund manager Michael Burry who studied the housing and lending industries, discovered the problems with sub-prime mortgages, figured it all out, bet on the crash, and made a few billion, along with a few others who got wind of his tactics. I have to see this again. Also, the book is a must read if you want to really understand how Burry did it and how corrupt lending practices were at the time.
Thanks, I'll get it for my monthly Audible download

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I'll get it for my monthly Audible download

So, motha, you don't like the old ways. I think it might be tough to understand since the financial transactions discussed had me saying wtf a lot, like credit default swap, wtf, and then going back and re-reading just wtf it was a few chapters back. On the other hand, if you're a clever bastard and listen carefully, you'll be ok. The whole subject is so freakin interesting, you might be tempted to major in finance.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, motha, you don't like the old ways. I think it might be tough to understand since the financial transactions discussed had me saying wtf a lot, like credit default swap, wtf, and then going back and re-reading just wtf it was a few chapters back. On the other hand, if you're a clever bastard and listen carefully, you'll be ok. The whole subject is so freakin interesting, you might be tempted to major in finance.
I have a Business Analytics minor. Close enough?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Business Analytics minor. Close enough?

Should give you a taste of it all. It's the road to wealth if you get into the real estate or brokerage industries. Or maybe you'll want to open your own Chinese restaurant or noodle house.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I could become a police officer
no punk, especially some fat fuck who has already broken the law many many times, is going to tell a police officer what to do.

if i'm a cop and i tell you to place your hands behind your back, and you tell me "no" .. i'm quickly repeating myself.. "this is the last warning, put your hands behind your back." if it's not done instantly, the stick is coming out and i'm whacking the back of your leg so hard, you're hitting the ground crying.

that's the problem with idiots today. they think it's a game, they think they have a say in the matter. regardless of how much you hate cops or you didn't do anything wrong, they are still the authority figure that give the orders. there is no compromise, no dealing. you do what they say, and then you move on.