• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Imitation Game. 4/5. About the code breakers at Bletchley Park, England, who deciphered the Nazi enigma machine. Focuses on Alan Touring, a brilliant oddball mathmatician who built what is considered the forerunner of, if not, the first computer. Touring, because of his homosexuality, faced mounting personal problems after the war, since such relationships were illegal in the UK at the time in the fifties. Typically, gays would be arresested for public indecency, then given the choice of 2 years in prison or what is termed "medical castration." Touring chose the meds and got through it, but was later found dead of cyanide poisoning. Worth a watch.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Imitation Game. 4/5. About the code breakers at Bletchley Park, England, who deciphered the Nazi enigma machine. Focuses on Alan Touring, a brilliant oddball mathmatician who built what is considered the forerunner of, if not, the first computer. Touring, because of his homosexuality, faced mounting personal problems after the war, since such relationships were illegal in the UK at the time in the fifties. Typically, gays would be arresested for public indecency, then given the choice of 2 years in prison or what is termed "medical castration." Touring chose the meds and got through it, but was later found dead of cyanide poisoning. Worth a watch.
I saw it in a theater at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall, PA (a suburb of Allentown that's also 20 minutes outside of Bethlehem). I enjoyed it to the tune of 3.5/5 stars. I was amazed by Cumberbatch's performance. I would check out BBC's Sherlock if you're interested.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Cumberbatch played the nerdy Touring to perfection. Kiera Knightly also brightened up the screen. But no nude scenes, damn. Will check out Sherlock.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep reporting back. It's the second best first season of a show after S1 of The Wire. Trust me you'll love it
Just finished season one. 4.5/5 stars. Not as addicting as The Wire, but very good. I'm not sure where they go from this, after killing off the most interesting character but I'm willing to give it a shot. Really good acting in this series and the events are actually plausible, unlike some series that seem to stray too far from reality.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season one. 4.5/5 stars. Not as addicting as The Wire, but very good. I'm not sure where they go from this, after killing off the most interesting character but I'm willing to give it a shot. Really good acting in this series and the events are actually plausible, unlike some series that seem to stray too far from reality.
Glad you liked it. I gave S1 4.5/5 stars as well. Danny Rayburn is a top 5 character of all time. S2 was good, but not nearly as good as S1 (3.5/5 stars). Chandler really caries the cast, and they add some really awesome characters, including Ozzy DelVeccio, who is fucking great, Nolan, and the Mexican guy from Dexter as the sheriff. Let me know what you think.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like that montage with Danny collecting cash and being a bad ass with the song Lazaretto? One of, if not the, best montages in TV history, IMO

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Cloverfield Lane. I have give two movies 0/5 stars, and Cloverfield was one of them. But 10 Cloverfield Lane I enjoyed; 3.5/5 stars. Actually, the first hour and ten minutes were more like 4 or 4.5/5 stars, but the last 20 minutes went way too sci-fi, alien bullshit. But Goodman was genuinely creepy, and it's the first time
I've seen him cap someone

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple 9: 3.5/5 stars. Very uneven, but when it was good, it was great. Aaron Paul played a junkie, Harrelson was great, Casey Affleck was decent, and Anthony Mackie was fucking bad ass. I get why critics didn't like it (54% on RT), but I was able to forgive its spotty storytelling because of its fucking bad ass shootout scene. Best fucking shootout scene ever, even better than the one in Training Day, my previous favorite. It kind of reminded me of End of Watch (5/5) in some parts.

My biggest complaint was Chiwetel Ejiofor's awful acting, and its false advertising. I was promised Michael K. Williams, AKA Omar and Chalky White. Did I get Michael K. Williams? No- I got two minutes of screen time of Sweet Pea, a transgender lesbian hooker.

Cg1HOlIUoAAuHrz.jpg

The fuck movie?????

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Most Violent Year: 3/5 stars. A pleasant way to kill two hours, but nothing more. Oscar Issac was pretty good, as was Jessica Chastain. I wonder if the title was ironic, because there was extremely little actual violence in the movie. The ending was kind of anti-climatic, but it did wrap everything up I guess.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silicon Valley S2: 4/5 stars. Some truly hilarious moments

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season 2 of Bloodlines. 3.5/5 stars. Good, but not as good as season 1. Slow moving, which is no big deal when you're binge watching. The thing at the end with Kevin was so predictable I was literally laughing waiting for it to happen.
If you liked this series you would like Season 1 of True detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season 2 of Bloodlines. 3.5/5 stars. Good, but not as good as season 1. Slow moving, which is no big deal when you're binge watching. The thing at the end with Kevin was so predictable I was literally laughing waiting for it to happen.
If you liked this series you would like Season 1 of True detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
Yes, TD was bad ass. S1 was, S2 was terrible. I agree that the thing with Kevin was so predictable too. I also gave S1 4.5/5 stars and S2 3.5/5 stars.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like Ozzie?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like Ozzie?
Osbourne? Like the music but thought his reality show was/is stupid.

Seriously I'm guessing that was a character from True Detective? I can't remember. I saw it a couple years ago when it was new.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osbourne? Like the music but thought his reality show was/is stupid.

Seriously I'm guessing that was a character from True Detective? I can't remember. I saw it a couple years ago when it was new.
No, the crazy guy in Bloodline who was always smoking and intimidated Meg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starred Up: 2/5 stars. Too much going on. It was a British prison drama detailing the main character's transformation from a troubled kid to a responsible adult. At least I think so. Maybe not, because there was also the subplot of his father being in prison trying to keep him a thug, and then the father turns out to want him to be a good guy. And his
counselor quits, and is never seen again
and then the kid still has
like 20 years left in prison at the end of the movie
so I really don't know what the hell the message was. Still, a good performance from Ben Mendelsohn (Danny) as the father, and the counselor who is in Homeland was very good. I just wish they picked one plot and stuck with it.

Honestly, the fact that it was a British prison took away from it too. The thugs weren't believable when I know they were watching Downton Abbey in the TV room. Take this movie, give a more likable main character (Tom Holland?), cut the subplot of Mendelsohn trying to keep his kid a thug, focus more on the group sessions, and set the prison in Baltimore or Detroit, and this movie might have been good.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starred Up: 2/5 stars. Too much going on. It was a British prison drama detailing the main character's transformation from a troubled kid to a responsible adult. At least I think so. Maybe not, because there was also the subplot of his father being in prison trying to keep him a thug, and then the father turns out to want him to be a good guy. And his
counselor quits, and is never seen again
and then the kid still has
like 20 years left in prison at the end of the movie
so I really don't know what the hell the message was. Still, a good performance from Ben Mendelsohn (Danny) as the father, and the counselor who is in Homeland was very good. I just wish they picked one plot and stuck with it.

Honestly, the fact that it was a British prison took away from it too. The thugs weren't believable when I know they were watching Downton Abbey in the TV room. Take this movie, give a more likable main character (Tom Holland?), cut the subplot of Mendelsohn trying to keep his kid a thug, focus more on the group sessions, and set the prison in Baltimore or Detroit, and this movie might have been good.
Agree 100% about the British thing. That, and that alone is why I've never seen Trainspotting

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye in the Sky: 4.5/5 stars. Great and powerful movie about the moral dilemmas that arise when debating the usage of drones when civilians are involved. A great storyline, and great performances from Helen Miren, Aaron Paul, and Ian Glen. Barkhad Abdi from Captain Phillips particularly shined. But I'd be remiss to not mention the great performance of one of my favorite actors, the late Alan Rickman.
snape1.gif
48286eebdfb46915cef6650b3398cd7f9bee74a4a6fe4a2660879fc1c36424f1.jpg
19geji0b9glp9png.png
Eye-in-the-Sky-Movie-Wallpaper-22-e1456944340819.jpg
RIP Alan. You will be missed greatly