• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now we got a DT next up

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get healthy on the OL

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully Haynes gets back. That would give us 4 of the 5 starters... I wish Seattle would just operate on Lucas at this point...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully Haynes gets back. That would give us 4 of the 5 starters... I wish Seattle would just operate on Lucas at this point...
Wait until I get my Haynes on you...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get healthy on the OL
Yeah, I wonder what's up with Abe Lucas... Still on the IR so there is definitely something not right there... He's our long term solution at RT so I'm sure they're going to hold him out as long as they can until he's completely healthy to play...

With that said, Jason Peters played the RT on the last drive of the game last week when we came back for the win... He held his own against Garrett... Looked like he was in game shape finally... They said he's lost 15 lbs so far since we acquired him...

If Peters plays at a good clip at RT, my guess is that the Hawks will keep Lucas out as long as they can...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder what's up with Abe Lucas... Still on the IR so there is definitely something not right there... He's our long term solution at RT so I'm sure they're going to hold him out as long as they can until he's completely healthy to play...

With that said, Jason Peters played the RT on the last drive of the game last week when we came back for the win... He held his own against Garrett... Looked like he was in game shape finally... They said he's lost 15 lbs so far since we acquired him...

If Peters plays at a good clip at RT, my guess is that the Hawks will keep Lucas out as long as they can...

Pete said that Abe's knee is still not feeling quite right.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Peters could give us more than a handful of games at his age but he does have a lot of veteran savvy and presence. I'm not too keen on the idea of rotating him and Forsythe like they did last game though. They need to figure out who they want to play and go with it. Can't platoon at tackle and expect it to be successful, imo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just came in my feed... Carroll's evaluation of the OL... Pretty impressive with how much we've had to move around and shuffle them each game... 14 total sacks for the Hawk so far this year... Good for 8th in the NFL... Pretty impressive job by the OL...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't Bradford out played Haynes? PFF says he has not allowed a sack in 313 snaps and only 3 penalties this year but maybe that's outdated. Haynes has 3 sacks 199 snaps and 5 penalties. If i am reading that right even if and when Haynes comes back i don't want him starting over Bradford!

I feel he is an upgrade and once Lucas gets back if he does we could have a top 10 Oline if we don't all ready. Some places have the Hawks Oline ranked between 10th-16th in the NFL right now. Thats the best Oline ranking we have had in 10+ years. Been in the 22-30 range forever it seems.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Bradford out played Haynes? PFF says he has not allowed a sack in 313 snaps and only 3 penalties this year but maybe that's outdated. Haynes has 3 sacks 199 snaps and 5 penalties. If i am reading that right even if and when Haynes comes back i don't want him starting over Bradford!

I feel he is an upgrade and once Lucas gets back if he does we could have a top 10 Oline if we don't all ready. Some places have the Hawks Oline ranked between 10th-16th in the NFL right now. Thats the best Oline ranking we have had in 10+ years. Been in the 22-30 range forever it seems.

Yes Haynes has looked like shit this year and I was not thrilled about resigning him. That said, it's a bit more about consistency... but to be honest I'd rather start Bradford as well. Again, just thinking about the consistency and who went into the season as a starter.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford has improved every game he's been out there, imo. We all knew he was a little raw and needed work but he is rounding into form. I agree with you. Bradford needs to be starting over Haynes the rest of the way. I think, all things considered with our injuries, that the O-line has done about as well as we could expect. A few bumps in the road and we have covered up some things with Waldren calling smart plays for sure but all in all, we've seen a lot worse over the years. Definitely want Lucas to get fully healed up and able to be dominant by the time we hit that difficult stretch at Thanksgiving. Let him get healthy and then work into top game shape over the next 3 weeks. No need to rush him back vs, Washington and LA.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Haynes has looked like shit this year and I was not thrilled about resigning him. That said, it's a bit more about consistency... but to be honest I'd rather start Bradford as well. Again, just thinking about the consistency and who went into the season as a starter.

Then i say stick with Bradford as he has played longer with the other guys and better making it the "more" consistent line-up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then i say stick with Bradford as he has played longer with the other guys and better making it the "more" consistent line-up.

Unless there is something we aren't aware of, it sure seems like Bradford's spot at this point. Pete was praising him on Monday, although he did say he needs to keep working on rookie mistakes.

IMO, the one thing we DON'T want is for Bradford to hit the rookie wall late in the season and tire out, which happens to Abe and Charles last year. So I do think we want spell him at times.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the one thing we DON'T want is for Bradford to hit the rookie wall late in the season and tire out, which happens to Abe and Charles last year. So I do think we want spell him at times.
Yeah, rotation is an interesting concept... Which is why it was interesting that Pete rolled with Jason Peters at RT on the last drive of the game (1st time Peters had played all season) in place of Forsythe... Browns moved Garrett to the other side, which is why Peters was put in the game... It was just odd that Peters went in in that situation when he hadn't played a snap yet this season... Worked out so Pete knows his players well...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, rotation is an interesting concept... Which is why it was interesting that Pete rolled with Jason Peters at RT on the last drive of the game (1st time Peters had played all season) in place of Forsythe... Browns moved Garrett to the other side, which is why Peters was put in the game... It was just odd that Peters went in in that situation when he hadn't played a snap yet this season... Worked out so Pete knows his players well...

Well they went with the quick up tempo passing so no time to get a rush off. It took Geno's Brain and the Browns rush out of the equation.

If I was Pete I would run up tempo more often, It keeps Geno's mental mistakes out of the play if it's Bang first read timing pattern, Bang hand off. Geno has been throwing behind and or high to his WR a TON the last 3+ weeks even that TD to JSN two games ago JSN had to spin around backwards to catch it and he was wide open with no one around him. had someone been trailing but beat ( like 3 yards off ) they either knock it down or intercept it.

Last edited: