• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that it's week 13, I have my comprhensive thoughts on the Vikings

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team can play the "what if" game, but I think if JJ and Cousins didn't get hurt you'd make the playoffs. Obviously Monday night's loss hurt both from a standings position and also a general impression of the quality of the team

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs has cooled off, and the Vikings don’t have a good rushing attack, meaning that they have to rely on strong QB play to win and Dobbs cannot consistently provide that IMO. They could still make the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Their defense is decent but not spectacular. If Cousins was healthy I would say they would make the playoffs.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs has cooled off, and the Vikings don’t have a good rushing attack, meaning that they have to rely on strong QB play to win and Dobbs cannot consistently provide that IMO. They could still make the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Their defense is decent but not spectacular. If Cousins was healthy I would say they would make the playoffs.

I don't even really want them to make the playoffs this year anymore, because it would be a guaranteed 1 and done. I've seen enough of those now that I don't feel like it's worth sliding down further in the draft over when everyone and their grandmother knows that the Vikings will get smoked out of the playoffs right away even if they make it.

I also don't like that they are sticking with Dobbs over Jaren Hall now that Hall is available again. There's a huge chance Hall isn't the future of that team, but it's a foregone conclusion that Dobbs isn't the guy. Not with where the team is at currently. Such is life for a Vikings fan, though.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team can play the "what if" game, but I think if JJ and Cousins didn't get hurt you'd make the playoffs. Obviously Monday night's loss hurt both from a standings position and also a general impression of the quality of the team
yeah, had they won two winnable games vs Den and Chicago they'd be sitting pretty

They'll probably finish 8-9 now

Oh well, it is what it is, but once cousins went out it was likely over. Our offense was Cousins slinging the ball around

I'm hoping Flores sticks around, improve run game, and finally get a young QB, not too much to ask for next season

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defense

Yeah that really got lost on most Viking fans. But the defense once again played a GREAT game. I cant remember our last shutout.

Brian Flores has really done a fantastic job with this defense. I just hope we can hang onto him for one more season. In part because he is a great coach. In larger part because we dont get 2 3rd round picks if he is hired away from us after only 1 season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that really got lost on most Viking fans. But the defense once again played a GREAT game. I cant remember our last shutout.

Brian Flores has really done a fantastic job with this defense. I just hope we can hang onto him for one more season. In part because he is a great coach. In larger part because we dont get 2 3rd round picks if he is hired away from us after only 1 season.

I just wish we didnt sit on an incompetent DC for an entire season last year when the team was 13-4