• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that Brown has stepped down.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would they try & steal Sumlin from up the road ?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm crazy but I still think Saban is going to be the new Texas coach. This aint over yet.

Please tell us why. We have heard this before from you, but with no reasons. Would be nice to hear what compels you to feel a man 2 months junior to the ousted coach is going to be hired by a school looking for a change and answer to their current problems.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm crazy but I still think Saban is going to be the new Texas coach. This aint over yet.

I think it is over. Whether you believe Saban was never interested or you believe Mack and Powers blocked him, it is done. All we will ever know is there was certainly some flirtation, but will will never know the extent of it unless there is a 30 for 30 in 5-10 yrs.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This rumor keeps raising it's head in some of the medical circles in Houston as well. I don't think so. Everybody keeps talking about money. It's not about money or contract extensions. Nick would have to want to start over. Why would he? He has it made at Alabama. He on a roll. He just has to keep it rolling. He would have to want to start over and build a program and bring it back to the top. That's a big job and bigger pressure. He definitely has the experience and track record to do it, but it's a big job. The only possible reason to take on the challenge would be because there is only two ways Alabama can go. Sideways or down. He's 62, when it does go down, and it will because nothing lasts forever, he won't be around that long to see it. Just don't think so. Time to move on to another candidate.

BubbaGump

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban loves a challenge, and he would have a chance to make history. Being the only coach to win a championship at 3 different schools. Is it enough to pull him away from Bama? I will not speculate on that, but that is one reason as to why Saban would jump ship, plus the extra money he could demand.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban loves a challenge, and he would have a chance to make history. Being the only coach to win a championship at 3 different schools. Is it enough to pull him away from Bama? I will not speculate on that, but that is one reason as to why Saban would jump ship, plus the extra money he could demand.

Up until last week, assumed he'd be heading that way. But the extension he signed placed a wet towel on that particular rumor.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not understanding the thinking that because Saban signed an extention a few days ago, then he's not going to Texas.?? Is there something in it that prohibits that?

Sounds like it would be the perfect time to sign a deal with Alabama, and lay the foundation for even more money from Texas, if that's what he was wanting to do.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not understanding the thinking that because Saban signed an extention a few days ago, then he's not going to Texas.?? Is there something in it that prohibits that?

Sounds like it would be the perfect time to sign a deal with Alabama, and lay the foundation for even more money from Texas, if that's what he was wanting to do.
-
I dont know Saban, but this is my thoughts. Lets assume Saban was leaving. He would have wanted to get in and start recruiting immediately. He would have liked to have a staff in place to hit the ground running. The Texas issues probably killed that notion. He was not going to risk a Bama class or a fiture Texas class sitting around waiting for the powers that be at Texas to get it done. I doubt he would wait until after the bowls to announce and try to get a staff together during the last month of the recruiting season. He is too competitive to waste a recruiting yr. That is why I think the ship has sailed, regardless of anyones opinion about whether he was truly interested or not.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell us why. We have heard this before from you, but with no reasons. Would be nice to hear what compels you to feel a man 2 months junior to the ousted coach is going to be hired by a school looking for a change and answer to their current problems.

Why? That's obvious. You should know that already. The only loyalty Mr. Saban has is to the size of his bank account. He says he isn't leaving. He has said that at least twice before. Are you so gullible that you believe he wouldn't go somewhere else for mo' money? Really?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would they try & steal Sumlin from up the road ?

Whut? Why?

Why would we want a coach who was 3rd then 4th in his Division and beat ONE decent team in regular season play in two years?

:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? That's obvious. You should know that already. The only loyalty Mr. Saban has is to the size of his bank account. He says he isn't leaving. He has said that at least twice before. Are you so gullible that you believe he wouldn't go somewhere else for mo' money? Really?

The next place he goes is into retirement. It's hilarious that people are still on this shit. You act like you know Saban personally and know what his motivation is or what his loyalty is to after 7 years at Bama, when in reality you have absolutely no idea. The man says he regrets the way the Miami ordeal went down and wish he had gone about it differently and that he's happy where he's at. No way is he going to take another shot to his credibility like that at this point. I, for one, am not the least bit worried about him leaving any time soon, regardless of what people think they know.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
The next place he goes is into retirement. It's hilarious that people are still on this shit. You act like you know Saban personally and know what his motivation is or what his loyalty is to after 7 years at Bama, when in reality you have absolutely no idea. The man says he regrets the way the Miami ordeal went down and wish he had gone about it differently and that he's happy where he's at. No way is he going to take another shot to his credibility like that at this point. I, for one, am not the least bit worried about him leaving any time soon, regardless of what people think they know.

:agree:

With the exstenion of his contract, why would he want to go someplace and start over.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas odds on the Texas HC search per Clay Travis:

Today Yesterday
Charlie Strong 6-5 5-2
Art Briles 7-2 6-1
James Franklin 5-1 6-1
Gus Malzahn 7-1 9-2
Chip Kelly 8-1 N/A
Bill O'Brien 8-1 6-1
Dabo Swinney 10-1 10-1
Jim Mora Jr 10-1 10-1
David Shaw 15-1 7-2
Jimbo Fisher 20-1 15-1
Jim Harbaugh 25-1 18-1
Mike Gundy 25-1 18-1
Will Muschamp 25-1 12-1
Jon Gruden 25-1 15-1
Les Miles 30-1 20-1
Mike Tomlin 50-1 30-1

The Search Continues : Outkick The Coverage

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formatting sucks I tried to fix but it won't take just click the link.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

With the exstenion of his contract, why would he want to go someplace and start over.
-------
Plus if he left a program again....all he'd be remembered for is bieing a money grubbing opportunist. Even if he won another NC at Texas, his legacy would be merely $$$$$