• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing happened in Sports (that count) yesterday

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an in-ground, down graded to an above ground with twice the property and less taxes.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that realistic...

I do miss the ambulance coming onto the field for injured players...I think it was Madden 96 on Super Nintendo when they would leave the player laying there on the field...

Don't even get me started. It was 95 or 96 where you could tackle AND injure a player after the play was over. I would spend the whole game running around after the whistle to avoid my buddies' linebacker and the inevitable Pat Summerall voiceover "Oh no. . . there's a man down."

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...the unforeseen consequence for the NCAA? Is they'll lose money on jersey sales and other player specific merchandising...

How much money is Florida STILL making off Tebow?

I think the outcome should either be that the players name and image are their own property in terms of marketing, and if the schools want to profit off them? They're entitled to be paid for it...

Or...the NCAA is no longer allowed to exploit players...

One problem, you can't pay ONLY the football and b-ball players...

Would payment come from just the NCAA, the University itself or both?

I've heard that most of the programs actually net a loss operating, even the football teams...I don't know if that's true or not though...I'm pretty sure if it is, they aren't counting all of the revenue streams...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even get me started. It was 95 or 96 where you could tackle AND injure a player after the play was over. I would spend the whole game running around after the whistle to avoid my buddies' linebacker and the inevitable Pat Summerall voiceover "Oh no. . . there's a man down."

YES!!

Had to be around 99 when those fuckers started throwing late hit penalty flags...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that realistic...

I do miss the ambulance coming onto the field for injured players...I think it was Madden 96 on Super Nintendo when they would leave the player laying there on the field...

Oh man

Totally remember that

Awesome

I think 06 is probably the last one I played

I used to kill everyone with those great Vikings offenses with Randall and than Culpepper

Id run for 200 yards with Leroy Hoard cause everyone would play a pass defense

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahahhahaha

totally

talk about the way back machine. i forgot which madden it was, one of the original few...but the "maddenisms" were limited, and if you played long enough at a time, the wrong ones would be said...like its 3rd down and hes telling you to punt.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an in-ground, down graded to an above ground with twice the property and less taxes.

Can't fucking stand above grounds...the liners never last, they're fucking ugly no matter how much wood you surround them with...

we've been talking about it, me and the wife, and I told her that I wasn't interested in a cheap above ground...I want something like:

feng_shui_kidney_shaped_swimming_pool-resized-600.jpg

it fits our back yards shape perfectly...

She asked how much i thought it would be...I said...20k minimum, no landscaping, just the pool itself..then plus another 5k in stone and material for the patio around it (which i can do)....

She freaked and said "if you don't want a pool, just say so" :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to fuck with my buddies and there was a setting where a guy wouldn't get tackled

I used to run 97 yards with Steve Bono breaking 3 million tackles

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...the unforeseen consequence for the NCAA? Is they'll lose money on jersey sales and other player specific merchandising...

How much money is Florida STILL making off Tebow?

I think the outcome should either be that the players name and image are their own property in terms of marketing, and if the schools want to profit off them? They're entitled to be paid for it...

Or...the NCAA is no longer allowed to exploit players...

Yes, but for far more than just football player marketability.

Who else are you going to have to start paying to come to school?

The girl in the science dept? The men's baseball team? The non-scholarship football player?

You know damn well that once it starts, everybody will try to make their case for why they are entitled to a piece of the pie.

As it stands now? Most athletes are being paid with a free education (and under the table). They are getting a chance to basically apply for a job with the NFL with "hands on, on the job" experience by playing CFB, and nobody is forcing them to be "slave labor" for these universities...unless you want to say the NFL is, because like I said, they won't even consider a player without first going through their free minor league system, which is CFB.

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man

Totally remember that

Awesome

I think 06 is probably the last one I played

I used to kill everyone with those great Vikings offenses with Randall and than Culpepper

Id run for 200 yards with Leroy Hoard cause everyone would play a pass defense

Those Vikings teams were awesome on 2K on Dreamcast..Moss was unstoppable and Robert Smith was a BEAST...If EA doesn't get exclusive rights to the NFL, we're having a different conversation...2K actually put out a great product for $30 a pop back then...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate above ground pools. Can't keep em clean and the liners are terrible. Never have enough circulation, just hate em.

The in ground is ok as long as your yard is big enough. We found a house we loved but walked away because there was no grass area. The entire yard was pool and deck. Doesn't work with kids and dogs. I'm not going to walk them every day, and the kid needs a place I can let him go play without having to watch him like a hawk.

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahhahaha

totally

talk about the way back machine. i forgot which madden it was, one of the original few...but the "maddenisms" were limited, and if you played long enough at a time, the wrong ones would be said...like its 3rd down and hes telling you to punt.

That still happens these days...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem, you can't pay ONLY the football and b-ball players...

Would payment come from just the NCAA, the University itself or both?

I've heard that most of the programs actually net a loss operating, even the football teams...I don't know if that's true or not though...I'm pretty sure if it is, they aren't counting all of the revenue streams...

If a female lacrosse players marketable enough to sell her jerseys, she should see some of that too...

It would come from licensing...basically a share in anything that has their name or likeness on it. The NCAA had no right to sell those without the players consent and without paying them for their image/branding.

If MLB owes the players a share, because MLB makes boatloads of cash selling their talents name and likeness, then the same rules should apply to schools...

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"you part the waters.....................

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Vikings teams were awesome on 2K on Dreamcast..Moss was unstoppable and Robert Smith was a BEAST...If EA doesn't get exclusive rights to the NFL, we're having a different conversation...2K actually put out a great product for $30 a pop back then...

NFL 2K was the shit...

Then EA got exclusive rights and ruined video football.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else are you going to have to start paying to come to school?

That's not what I'm saying they should do...I don't agree with that approach...the kids are being paid in most cases a top notched college education in exchange for the athletic ability. But, their image and branding? That shouldn't be consider NCAA property...