• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing happened in Sports (that count) yesterday

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing

worst day of the year in sports

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst few days of the year

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano's dad expects return to Yanks

Updated: July 16, 2013, 8:00 PM ET
By Andrew Marchand | ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- Robinson Cano's father expects his son to re-sign with the New York Yankees this offseason instead of leaving for free agency.
"I think he is coming back," said Jose Cano, a former major league pitcher, as he spoke in the American League clubhouse prior to Tuesday's All-Star Game. "I don't think he is going to go anywhere else. Hopefully, he can stay here."
Cano's representative, CAA's Brodie Van Wagenen, and the Yankees are still talking in an effort to come to an agreement before the star second baseman becomes eligible for free agency this offseason. Van Wagenen is the point man for negotiations, even though Jay-Z was instrumental in landing Cano through his group, Roc Nation's partnership with CAA.

When asked about his father's comments, Robinson declined to elaborate about how he is leaning. He said he had no reaction.
"Next question," Cano said. "I'm not saying anything about my contract."
Cano, who turns 31 in October, is the starting second baseman for the American League's All-Star team. He is batting .302 with 21 home runs and 65 RBIs this season and currently is on pace to surpass his career high of 33 homers.
Cano will have more leverage in negotiations if he were to become a free agent this winter. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and the Chicago Cubs are among the teams that could be interested in Cano, who is expected to command a contract of 6-8 years and $175-225 million.
"I have confidence that the Yankees are going to come up with something good in the end," said Jose Cano, who commutes from the Dominican Republic to see his son play. "I hope he can stay here. It is close to home and [it's] only three hours. If he goes someplace else, it might be five or six hours. I don't want to go there. But it is not my decision. He has to make that decision."
Jose also thinks that if his son signs with the Yankees, he could succeed Derek Jeter as the team's captain.
"He could be the leader," Jose Cano said. "Robinson is very smart and quiet; he is not going to talk too much.
"He is going to talk when he needs to talk; he is doing everything straight. Robbie signs, then I think he is going to be the captain [after Jeter]."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning assholes

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post the Matt Harvey Men's Journal article

That should provide you Boston vaginas with something to whine about all day

Enjoy

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post the Matt Harvey Men's Journal article

That should provide you Boston vaginas with something to whine about all day

Enjoy

hi dirt

we e-missed you

what do you think about canos dad saying hes resigning with the Yankees?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean matt harvey the (mets) pitcher talking about his love for the city he gets paid to play and live in?

paul pierce loves boston, and hes gone

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crack me up!

321064_519749624736606_507475402_n.jpg

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano's dad expects return to Yanks

Updated: July 16, 2013, 8:00 PM ET
By Andrew Marchand | ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- Robinson Cano's father expects his son to re-sign with the New York Yankees this offseason instead of leaving for free agency.
"I think he is coming back," said Jose Cano, a former major league pitcher, as he spoke in the American League clubhouse prior to Tuesday's All-Star Game. "I don't think he is going to go anywhere else. Hopefully, he can stay here."
Cano's representative, CAA's Brodie Van Wagenen, and the Yankees are still talking in an effort to come to an agreement before the star second baseman becomes eligible for free agency this offseason. Van Wagenen is the point man for negotiations, even though Jay-Z was instrumental in landing Cano through his group, Roc Nation's partnership with CAA.

When asked about his father's comments, Robinson declined to elaborate about how he is leaning. He said he had no reaction.
"Next question," Cano said. "I'm not saying anything about my contract."
Cano, who turns 31 in October, is the starting second baseman for the American League's All-Star team. He is batting .302 with 21 home runs and 65 RBIs this season and currently is on pace to surpass his career high of 33 homers.
Cano will have more leverage in negotiations if he were to become a free agent this winter. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and the Chicago Cubs are among the teams that could be interested in Cano, who is expected to command a contract of 6-8 years and $175-225 million.
"I have confidence that the Yankees are going to come up with something good in the end," said Jose Cano, who commutes from the Dominican Republic to see his son play. "I hope he can stay here. It is close to home and [it's] only three hours. If he goes someplace else, it might be five or six hours. I don't want to go there. But it is not my decision. He has to make that decision."
Jose also thinks that if his son signs with the Yankees, he could succeed Derek Jeter as the team's captain.
"He could be the leader," Jose Cano said. "Robinson is very smart and quiet; he is not going to talk too much.
"He is going to talk when he needs to talk; he is doing everything straight. Robbie signs, then I think he is going to be the captain [after Jeter]."

so in other words, he's sticking with the highest bidder

got it

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt, FYI

ESPN NFL cover story "is tom brady finished" as a fantasy QB?

they rank him 4th going into 2013/14, behind rogers, brees, and peyton manning

Eli is 13th

2013 Fantasy Football Rankings & Projections - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN

brady:

2013 Outlook: Brady just keeps breaking the rules. Top fantasy QBs aren't supposed to rank 19th among NFL signal callers in average yards at the catch. They aren't supposed to rank 23rd in completion percentage on throws of more than 20 yards. And they aren't supposed to achieve excellence without an above-average outside receiver. But in '12, Brady kept doing all those things. He might have the fastest release in the NFL, and his production inside the numbers (17 TDs, 5 INTs and 3,017 yards in '12) is almost unmatched. Sure, he'll be 36 in August. But this rule-breaker shows no signs of slowing down; if anyone can overcome the loss of as many offensive weapons as the Patriots could be missing in Week 1, it's him.

Eli

2013 Outlook: Eli turned in another maddening campaign in '12 because, well, that's what he does. As usual, his highs were tremendous: A 510-yard game in Week 2, five TD passes in Week 17. But his lows were crushing: No TDs and 177 pass yards per game from Weeks 8 to 10. Manning has ridden the weekly roller coaster for his entire career. It didn't help last year that Hakeem Nicks and Martellus Bennett couldn't stay healthy and the Giants scuffled to find an acceptable complements for Victor Cruz. But Eli is as hot-and-cold as they come regardless of who's catching the ball, and his 59.9 percent completion rate was the lowest for a defending Super Bowl champion QB since '06. We don't trust him as a fantasy starter.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Damon used to "love" KC

So did Zack Greinke

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"look at how this high paid athlete loves the city he plays in"

- an amazed dirt :whistle:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass NY'ers didnt even know who their "superstar" was when they were being interviewed by him?

Nice city

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass NY'ers didnt even know who their "superstar" was when they were being interviewed by him?

Nice city

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0D8V0dCbf8]Matt Harvey Asks New Yorkers About Matt Harvey - YouTube[/ame]

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt who? And you are stating the All Star Game at Shea? What position are you?
Do you know Captain Jeter?