• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing happened in Sports (that count) yesterday

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There is too much to do in NY to be concerned with who is on the Mets."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There is too much to do in NY to be concerned with who is on the Mets. But look, in this artuicle he says he LOVES this city! Eat it you bags of piss!"

-dirt

fixed it

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, we need more faggy NY posters in here to offset the rest of us who arent from NY

some website told me that

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACLU raises privacy concerns about police technology tracking drivers

By Michael Martinez, CNN
updated 10:00 PM EDT, Wed July 17, 2013

130717175117-tsr-simon-pkg-plates-tracked-00001518-story-top.jpg

ACLU: Police are tracking where you drive

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: Union says technology helps to keep officers and the public safe
  • Police around country track every vehicle passing a license plate reader
  • The readers are surveillance technology using high speed cameras
  • There's little, if any, privacy protection for innocent motorists, the ACLU says

(CNN) -- Police around the United States are recording the license plates of passing drivers and storing the information for years with little privacy protection, the American Civil Liberties Union said Wednesday.
The information potentially allows authorities to track the movements of everyone who drives a car.
The ACLU documented the police surveillance after reviewing 26,000 pages of material gathered through public records requests to almost 600 local and state police departments in 38 states and the District of Columbia.
Opinion: Supreme Court must protect our privacy from the government
Police are gathering the vehicle information with surveillance technology called automatic license plate readers, and it's being stored -- sometimes indefinitely -- with few or no privacy protections, the ACLU said.
"The documents paint a startling picture of a technology deployed with too few rules that is becoming a tool for mass routine location tracking and surveillance," the ACLU said in a written statement.
The license plate readers alert police to an automobile associated with an investigation, "but such instances account for a tiny fraction of license plate scans, and too many police departments are storing millions of records about innocent drivers," the ACLU said.
"Private companies are also using license plate readers and sharing the information they collect with police with little or no oversight or privacy protections. A lack of regulation means that policies governing how long our location data is kept vary widely," the ACLU said.
The civil liberties group is advocating legislation regulating the use of the technology.
The readers have been proliferating at "worrying speed" and are typically mounted on bridges, overpasses and patrol cars, the ACLU said.
The devices use high-speed cameras, and the software analyzes the photographs to retrieve the plate number, the group said.
Lawsuit by 19 groups seeks to halt NSA snooping
The system then runs the data against "hot lists" of plate numbers and produces an instant alert when a match, or "hit," registers, the group said. The hot lists include the National Crime Information Center file, which includes stolen cars and vehicles used in the commission of a crime.
"License plate readers would pose few civil liberties risks if they only checked plates against hot lists and these hot lists were implemented soundly. But these systems are configured to store the photograph, the license plate number, and the date, time, and location where all vehicles are seen — not just the data of vehicles that generate hits," the ACLU report said.
The growing collection of data allows police to create "a single, high-resolution image of our lives," and the constant monitoring "can chill the exercise of our cherished rights to free speech and association," the group said.
"If not properly secured, license plate reader databases open the door to abusive tracking, enabling anyone with access to pry into the lives of his boss, his ex-wife, or his romantic, political, or workplace rivals," the ACLU said.
Law enforcement argues the tools keep officers and the public safe.
In a blog post last week, the Los Angeles Police Protective League said that license plate recognition (LPR) technology has helped with "literally thousands of cases nationwide."
"LPR is not an invasion of privacy, but rather a tool for law enforcement to better accomplish its mission to protect and serve. The onus is on law enforcement agencies and governing bodies to ensure that they have proper policies in place for disciplined and responsible use, with appropriate punishments for anyone operating outside of policy," the union said.
The ACLU report cited how the Minneapolis Star Tribune in 2012 tracked the movement of the Mayor R.T. Rybak's car 41 times at a license police reader in the prior year. The newspaper put the information on a map and gathered the data through public records requests.
The newspaper found that the police department's plate readers yielded hits of fewer than 1% of the 805,000 plate scans made in June 2012, according to the ACLU.
A hit means that a read matched a listing in a database of vehicles law enforcement was interested in, for whatever reason. They might be reported stolen, for instance, or belonging to missing persons.
As a result, the mayor directed the police chief to recommend a new policy on data retention, the group said.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Sandusky files motion to have name changed

(CNN) -- Matt Sandusky, his wife and four children have filed a motion to have their names legally changed, court documents in Centre County, Pennsylvania, show.
Details regarding why they requested the name changes are not available because the file is sealed.
Sandusky is one of six adopted children of Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys in a 15-year period. He is currently serving more than 30 years in prison.
Jerry Sandusky tries to discredit witness from prison
Matt Sandusky originally denied being abused by his adopted father, but during jury deliberations, he admitted to his attorney that he, too, was a victim of the disgraced former Penn State assistant coach's abuse.
In a 2012 interview with police, Sandusky said his family was the reason he revealed his stepfather was abusing him.
"They can really have closure and see what the truth actually is," he said.
Matt Sandusky's birth mother lost a case against Jerry Sandusky to gain legal custody of her son when he was a child.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez denies plea deal with league, focuses on his 'A-game' instead

By Michael Martinez, CNN
updated 5:59 AM EDT, Thu July 18, 2013

130718033216-alex-rodriguez-minor-league-story-top.jpg

Yankees star Alex Rodriguez has been playing in the minor leagues this summer, trying to rehab after hip surgery.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Alex Rodriguez says there's nothing going on regarding any plea negotiations
  • Media accounts say his representatives have met with MLB about discipline
  • Rodriguez is accused in media reports of using performance-enhancing drugs
  • Rodriguez had off-season hip surgery but hits a homer in a 2-for-4 minor league game

(CNN) -- New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez denies any plea negotiations with Major League Baseball for alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs, he told CNN's Jason Carroll this week.
"Well, I don't think there's anything that's going on right now, and that's as far as I'm going to take it," Rodriguez said. "I think it's important that we have a process. I think we have a good system with Major League Baseball. And let's let the process play out."
Rodriguez spoke with CNN Tuesday on the eve of his pending return to the Yankees lineup after off-season surgery. He talked of his love for the game that's been "the greatest gift" and how he needs his fans more than ever as he turns 38 this month.
Rodriguez's representatives have reportedly been negotiating a deal with the league to reduce a possible 100-game suspension for alleged performance-enhancing drug use, according to some media accounts. Those allegations claim Rodriguez had ties with the now-closed anti-aging Biogenesis clinic in Florida and its founder, Anthony Bosch.
Rodriguez is one of some 20 players who could face suspension as a result of the scandal.
But Rodriguez declined to address whether he would fight a long suspension or other adverse decision if one is so issued by the Yankees or the league.
"You know, I'd just rather not get into any of that right now. It's premature, and we'll let the process play out. That's my responsibility right now," Rodriguez said.
Such a roiling controversy would be hard on any athlete's concentration, and if the speculation of a possible career-ending suspension is making life more difficult for Rodriguez -- who's still working his way back into the Yankees lineup after off-season surgery -- he isn't directly saying so.
What Rodriguez does acknowledge is that he needs to connect better with his fans in what could be the final chapters of his playing career.
130606161355-01-sports-contracts-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Photos: Questionable sports contracts

Rodriguez is regarded by some as the greatest slugger in baseball or the greatest third-baseman, but here's something no one can dispute: He holds the largest contract ever in American sports, signed with the Yankees in 2007 awarding him $275 million over 10 years. Critics, however, say it's the worst contract ever because of problems with his health and on-field performance.
Today, Rodriguez admits he doesn't have many years left on the diamond: He turns 38 on July 27, and he is now testing his recovery from hip surgery in January by playing in the minor leagues.
The three-time American League MVP described the operation as "definitely the hardest surgery I've had to overcome."
"Look, there's no hiding it. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I'm not 28. I'm going to be 38 here in July. But I do think I can contribute," Rodriguez said.
"I think I can be a force in the middle lineup, a big right-handed bat for our team, but I'm at a different stage of my career. Is it realistic to go out and hit 40, 50 home runs? I don't think so. But can I go out and have nights like I did last night and do that several times a week? I think so."
Rodriguez was referring to his home run in a minor league game in which he went 2-for-4 this week, fueling optimism he could return to the majors possibly next week. He's been 5-for-28 at the plate in the minors.
"It felt incredible," he said of the two-run homer. "I haven't hit a ball like that in over a year."
He's determined to return to Yankee Stadium and won't entertain questions about potential disappointments.
"I'm going to focus on the positive," Rodriguez said. "I feel like I owe the Yankee fan base my A-game. I don't think they had that last year. I went in, I got fixed up, I worked my butt off. And I can't wait to get back in New York and help my team win."
The Yankees' web site reports that Rodriguez expects to be back with the team Monday.
Rodriguez also wants to better engage his fans. He acknowledged how he doesn't grant many one-on-one interviews.
"I've taken the approach of 'less is more,' " he said. "And I've always tried to let my game do the talking. But I think over the last year or so, I've wanted to share more with my fan base. I think that's important. And I'm in a different stage of my career now. I just want to be able to communicate with my fan base.
"First of all, I'd like to thank them for their support. Their support has been overwhelming and it's fueled me," he continued. "This has been a very difficult process, and I'm just humbled by the opportunity to play baseball. I love this game so much. My father played baseball. That's what I know to do. That's my gift. God has given me the greatest gift. And that's what I love to do."
This year's hip surgery was his second -- "almost triple the size of the one I had in '09," he said.
"It was an extensive surgery. They shaved quite a bit off my left labrum, and they put in five anchors," he said.
Despite the injury, he maintains the enthusiasm of "a 10-year-old boy out there playing," he says.
He wants to return to the Yankees pinstripes to solidify his legacy as "someone that loved that game and someone that respected that game and someone that loves teammates, and loves to compete," he said.
"The one thing that no one can take away from me is that the effort that I put forth and how much I love this game," he said.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be like Chicago residents not knowing Michael Jordan if he was doing the same thing.

hes the biggest rising star in that "city full of awesome fans" and the people in mets jerseys dont even know who he is

pathetic

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Sandusky files motion to have name changed

(CNN) -- Matt Sandusky, his wife and four children have filed a motion to have their names legally changed, court documents in Centre County, Pennsylvania, show.
Details regarding why they requested the name changes are not available because the file is sealed.
Sandusky is one of six adopted children of Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys in a 15-year period. He is currently serving more than 30 years in prison.
Jerry Sandusky tries to discredit witness from prison
Matt Sandusky originally denied being abused by his adopted father, but during jury deliberations, he admitted to his attorney that he, too, was a victim of the disgraced former Penn State assistant coach's abuse.
In a 2012 interview with police, Sandusky said his family was the reason he revealed his stepfather was abusing him.
"They can really have closure and see what the truth actually is," he said.
Matt Sandusky's birth mother lost a case against Jerry Sandusky to gain legal custody of her son when he was a child.

Good idea. But the sad part is he abused his own kid.

Wonder if they have him in solitary confinement.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex who?

And you play LF?

for the Royals?

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the biggest rising star in that "city full of awesome fans" and the people in mets jerseys dont even know who he is

pathetic

Because deep down they are really Yankees fans that can't afford their tickets.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to run.

Job fair in Downtown at 10 AM. Have to gather our application and info and drive from here in Libertyville.

Will check in on my smartphone.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARod back on Monday. What if he comes back, has a monster second half and leads the yanks to the playoffs. "Hey CAshman....who should shut the fuck up now, bitch?" Plausible?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARod back on Monday. What if he comes back, has a monster second half and leads the yanks to the playoffs. "Hey CAshman....who should shut the fuck up now, bitch?" Plausible?

no way

not on that hip at that age and with all the off the field crap?

hes going to be useless to them...he may contribute here and there, but i dont see him having the drug free stamina to do it

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way

not on that hip at that age and with all the off the field crap?

hes going to be useless to them...he may contribute here and there, but i dont see him having the drug free stamina to do it

if he has anything left in the tank, he goes all out the rest of the year so he can stick his middle finger up at everybody

could happen

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he has anything left in the tank, he goes all out the rest of the year so he can stick his middle finger up at everybody

could happen

oh, it could happen

it could also rain frogs (which it did in my hometown before my time, thanks to a tornado in spencer over a lake that dropped frogs and fish onto my town)

On September 7, 1954, it rained frogs in Leicester, Mass. When the rain was over residents found frogs of all descriptions scattered for a mile on Paxton Avenue from Leicester Center to the Paxton line.
There were 10’s of thousands of frogs. Some parents waked their children (it was shortly after midnight) and they ran out and scooped up bags and baskets full of frogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This website is still not working properly.

Are they still in the process of doing changes?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not the site,. its your PC man

PS awesome avatar

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dirt destroyed it on his way out

we are starting a petition to bring him back

and Ox

but no petition for Ox, just a coupon to Taco Bell