• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing happened in Sports (that count) yesterday

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call. 30K investment that raises the value of the house maybe $5k.

It actually will cut your potential buyers at least in half.

"You have a pool? Not interested"

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told that Madden has hardly changed really at all...beyond graphically of course.

You've been told right...

The movement of the players has gotten better the past two years, IMO...Other than that? I'm dropping $60 a year for updated rosters and online servers...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told that Madden has hardly changed really at all...beyond graphically of course.

Truth...the game all comes down to which team has an outside receiver fast enough to run straight down field and catch heave up hail mary's...pretty much undefendable...and you can complete them with Ryan mallet all day long...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run the 4-4 defense....and blitz the corners
You'll stuff it every time

I tend to play the safety position and I would almost always fuck up the defense on option plays...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth...the game all comes down to which team has an outside receiver fast enough to run straight down field and catch heave up hail mary's...pretty much undefendable...and you can complete them with Ryan mallet all day long...

I actually use the bullet pass when my WRs run streak routes...

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's slippery, but I don't think it's a game check, the NCAA is marketing these kids images and profiting off it...If colleges and the NCAA are able to make billions off "amateur" athletics...then the players should be able to at a minimum market themselves and cash in on the celebrity their talents have allowed them to become.

take Troy Smith for example...as a college player, he had great marketability but couldn't cash in on it or he'd risk suspension/banning.....but as a pro? He's got none...and there are ooooodles of examples where these guys aren't afforded the right to market themself for financial benefit...

the NCAA has been raping these kids for years.....under the false pretense that paying them would be bad for competitive balance...but, the big money schools/conference are already dominating D1...so what are you really protecting?

I don't disagree, it's just something I would avoid if I were the NCAA at all costs. The unforseen consequences of doing this are limitless.

The NFL also greatly benefits from this system too. They have a free minor league system in place, and they'll NEVER take an 18 year old high school graduate who doesn't go to college in their draft, like baseball does and basketball used to. I doubt the NFL would even give such a guy a tryout.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to play the safety position and I would almost always fuck up the defense on option plays...

Playing safety takes balls .....I can't cover for shit, so I always line up as a D-end, and rush the passer

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to find myself holding on to the ball with Ben Roethlisberger and I get sacked by my kitchen table.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man

Playing Maddens and rolling fatties all day was the shit back in the day

Off Tackle Left

Unstoppable

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd blitz with my LB around the end of the line every time. Rush the throw or stuff the run. Haven't bought a Madden since 2002 though on PS2.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I paid 15K for my pool in first house, just sold it for 27K more than what it was worth. To each his own.

The right pool/landscaping can and will increase the value depending on the area...

something like this:
freeform-naturalistic-luxury-pool.jpg

as opposed to:

dynasty-web.jpg

it's got to fit the yard, not be an eyesore...but like JD said, just it's mere presence will turn off some potential buyers...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing safety takes balls .....I can't cover for shit, so I always line up as a D-end, and rush the passer

I can cover..I do get sucked in on a play action a few times...

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd blitz with my LB around the end of the line every time. Rush the throw or stuff the run. Haven't bought a Madden since 2002 though on PS2.

Its all good ....2002 is the exact same game as 2013

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been told right...

The movement of the players has gotten better the past two years, IMO...Other than that? I'm dropping $60 a year for updated rosters and online servers...

Do the black players carry sidearms now in Maddens?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, it's just something I would avoid if I were the NCAA at all costs. The unforseen consequences of doing this are limitless.

LOL...the unforeseen consequence for the NCAA? Is they'll lose money on jersey sales and other player specific merchandising...

How much money is Florida STILL making off Tebow?

I think the outcome should either be that the players name and image are their own property in terms of marketing, and if the schools want to profit off them? They're entitled to be paid for it...

Or...the NCAA is no longer allowed to exploit players...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the black players carry sidearms now in Maddens?

It's not that realistic...

I do miss the ambulance coming onto the field for injured players...I think it was Madden 96 on Super Nintendo when they would leave the player laying there on the field...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Middle linebacker...there for run support and I always would get raped over the middle if i I backed my corners up to cover the deep fly's that everyone does repeatedly...so I started backing them off, and covering the middle of the field...