• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not surprised by this at all

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about Jake Knight, the former Auburn Track & Field athlete, who transferred to Boise State to play Tight End on the football team a few years ago. This article details his rather extensive trip from High School, to signing to play football with Oregon State, and then changing his mind and signing with Auburn of the S.E.C. to throw in Track & Field, to changing his mind again and signing to play football with Boise State, etc.

He ‘panicked’ before leaving Boise State football. Now he’s thriving in new sport at NNU.

This is the part of his story that does not surprise me AT ALL

"When he approached Boise State coaches about throwing for the Broncos, he got little interest in return"

NOT SURPRISED AT ALL that the Boise State track & field coaches had little interest in him competing for them two years ago. After all ever since Cory Ihmels took over the so-called Track & Field team at Boise State ................they have not HAD a track & field team at BSU. Ihmels has done nothing but destroy the Boise State men's track & field team since he got here. It's nothing to what it was BEFORE he arrived.
Primarily because Ihmels is a Cross Country coach who is POSING as a Track & Field coach. By that I mean he recruits distance runners primarily and pays virtually no attention to recruiting other Track & Field athletes - particularly if they are FIELD or Multi-Event athletes, i.e., jumpers and throwers, Decathletes, etc. Which is why the Boise State track & field teams - since Ihmels arrived at Boise State routinely finish near the bottom every year at the Mtn. West T & F Championships.