• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not looking good for 2020 season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COULD, MIGHT, IF, MAYBE, POSSIBLY.

If I could find one thousand infected people, I might have a BBQ and if I do, maybe all of them would come and I might possibly catch something. Sounds like CNN reporting a White House press conference.

Wants some absolute true facts....????

You're going to die.
You cannot avoid death.
You cannot take your material possessions with you when you die.

To live in constant fear, is to not live at all.

Did you hear the latest CDC report? Blood types A Pos and AB Pos have significantly less people infected with Covid. Of the 3M Americans infected less than .005% have those blood types. Why? What makes A Pos different from all of the others? Of course, not much news breaking on this and it was released on this past Monday.

Please don't ask me for a link. Do your own research.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COULD, MIGHT, IF, MAYBE, POSSIBLY.

If I could find one thousand infected people, I might have a BBQ and if I do, maybe all of them would come and I might possibly catch something. Sounds like CNN reporting a White House press conference.

Wants some absolute true facts....????

You're going to die.
You cannot avoid death.
You cannot take your material possessions with you when you die.

To live in constant fear, is to not live at all.

Did you hear the latest CDC report? Blood types A Pos and AB Pos have significantly less people infected with Covid. Of the 3M Americans infected less than .005% have those blood types. Why? What makes A Pos different from all of the others? Of course, not much news breaking on this and it was released on this past Monday.

Please don't ask me for a link. Do your own research.

I saw that type A was the most at risk. Two different studies Both said the O was handling it it the best.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any professional athletes or college athletes with Covid 19 even been in the hospital?

U of Illinois professors are weeee bit left of lefty as well. FYI

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"projecting 3-7 deaths" So assuming that this and only this projection turns out to be accurate and not at all inflated.

3 - 7 deaths (lets face it 3 is probably closer to correct, if that).... out of 13,000 ? That seems like an acceptable ratio to me, considering that any fit 20 year old would have to have had an extreme comorbidity already for this virus to affect him to that extent.

Are we really saying the risk has to be zero out of 13,000? Where else in life do you get zero risk?

My mortality rate in the 43-year old healthy male category if I get this thing is .04% (4 in 10,0000). How much lower is it for healthy 20 year olds?

The season should be played as scheduled and it's not even close.

Well it is close. If a lot of athletes come down with the virus, it can spread all over the university. The administrators won't let that happen. Neither will parents.

Don't get me wrong, I really want the season to go forward, but common sense tells me that there's going to be teams that might not play or shorten their season. I'd like to be wrong. But I fear I'm right.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"projecting 3-7 deaths" So assuming that this and only this projection turns out to be accurate and not at all inflated.

3 - 7 deaths (lets face it 3 is probably closer to correct, if that).... out of 13,000 ? That seems like an acceptable ratio to me, considering that any fit 20 year old would have to have had an extreme comorbidity already for this virus to affect him to that extent.

Are we really saying the risk has to be zero out of 13,000? Where else in life do you get zero risk?

My mortality rate in the 43-year old healthy male category if I get this thing is .04% (4 in 10,0000). How much lower is it for healthy 20 year olds?

The death rate for college-aged kids is far less than 1 in 13,000. Like, exponentially less. There have been 125 deaths of people who are between the age of 15-24, and that is stating that they died AND tested positive, not necessarily that they died BECAUSE of it.

There are over 43 million people in the US in the 15-24 age group. That means 1 of every 346,814 have died and have tested positive for Covid-19.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard yesterday, the cause of concern here in Texas is overwhelming the medical system in some places. I don't think the powers that be really give a shit how many of us get it if we don't need hospitalization, ICU, vents, or otherwise overrun the medical system.

Then again, those of us that live betwixed the Red River and Rio Grande don't view things like people in other places do.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did you get 13,000? There's a lot more CFB players than that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it happening. I think having it in the spring would be much better.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The death rate for college-aged kids is far less than 1 in 13,000. Like, exponentially less. There have been 125 deaths of people who are between the age of 15-24, and that is stating that they died AND tested positive, not necessarily that they died BECAUSE of it.

There are over 43 million people in the US in the 15-24 age group. That means 1 of every 346,814 have died and have tested positive for Covid-19.

The panic peddlers have warped peoples’ minds on this. They’re living in a different universe. Way too much media consumption - not healthy.

You can hardly get a safer demographic for this than ultra fit college athletes.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all read "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson before we decide on the football season.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, those of us that live betwixed the Red River and Rio Grande don't view things like people in other places do.
I would be willing to bet a dime to a doughnut there is a Louzeeana boy that views things about the same as the folks betwixed the RR and the RG.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Covid, 7800 people died every day in the United States from auto crashes to murder to natural causes.

Sadly, every death today is related directly Covid. Even suicide has Covid as a cause because his close friend, an 89 year old neighbor had cancer and died as a result of contracting Covid.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coronavirus in college football: Hospitalizations, deaths projected by data analysts if FBS plays in 2020

COVID-19 does not discriminate, and young athletes are not immune to complications.

A noted University of Illinois computer science professor has some troubling data to consider regarding widespread infection and even death.

Dr. Sheldon Jacobson told CBS Sports he expects a 30%-50% infection rate of the approximately 13,000 players competing in FBS this season. Based on his research, he also projects 3-7 deaths among those players due to COVID-19.

"A few of them could end up in the hospital, and you'll have a small number who could die," Jacobson told CBS Sports. "I don't want to sugar coat it for you. I just want to give you the facts. … If everybody comes together under normal circumstances, we'll probably see that kind of outcome."

Cancellation forthcoming.

Coronavirus in college football: Hospitalizations, deaths projected by data analysts if FBS plays in 2020
Shut up @handicappers you've gone too far this time!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slowing becoming convinced that they need to start plotting out a spring season instead. Just too difficult to keep these kids isolated. It's different when you're a professional athlete getting paid millions to isolate. I forsee pro sports going full speed ahead but I think we're going to have to wait for spring for college football

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slowing becoming convinced that they need to start plotting out a spring season instead. Just too difficult to keep these kids isolated. It's different when you're a professional athlete getting paid millions to isolate. I forsee pro sports going full speed ahead but I think we're going to have to wait for spring for college football
And it is even looking like some of the NBA and MLB guys are willing to forego some money and sit it out this abbreviated season. They've probably saved quite a bit of their money instead of blowing it all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shits not gonna be any different in spring or even next fall. Viruses mutate and even if they develop a vaccine ( which in my opinion is highly unlikely anytime soon ) theres almost no shot the strain of the virus the vaxx would be based on would be the most prevelant strain going around wheb its ready to go to the public ( see the flu shot )

I get the desire for public safety but at some point you either get on with life or you prepare to not ever play again

Thats just reality

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn’t college be the best and most safest form of athletics in our country? You have a built in “bubble” since they essentially quarantine themselves if they close off at the campus. Every FBS athlete has better access to healthcare than your average citizen. College athletes are the least likely people on the planet to die from Covid.