• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not Impressed With Either Jones Or Lock

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if this were some other team I might completely agree with you. However being the Redskins I can see them overspending for some vet QB this offseason. They then proceed to do just enough to go 7-9 (i.e. a typical Gruden season) & are just far enough back in the draft to not pickup one of the elite QBs. They then either get a lesser QB or trade the farm for a higher pick.

Again - I am fine if they select a QB in either draft. Lots of us take the approach of making suggestions for the Skins during the offseason & apply our logic or the logic of successful teams & forget that the Redskins often go in a different direction.

I really think they should go into season with Colt Mccoy and Josh Johnson and just tank but it wont happen.

If they think they can be competitive I'd go after Joe Flacco. I actually disagree with you in a sense and believe that he would come at a bargain rate.

Could be completely wrong though

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think they should go into season with Colt Mccoy and Josh Johnson and just tank but it wont happen.

If they think they can be competitive I'd go after Joe Flacco. I actually disagree with you in a sense and believe that he would come at a bargain rate.

Could be completely wrong though

Well if Flacco comes in cheap NP - go w/ him as you either tank or develop a young QB. However this team has a history of overpaying for QBs - we will see.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Flacco comes in cheap NP - go w/ him as you either tank or develop a young QB. However this team has a history of overpaying for QBs - we will see.
We don't have money to overpay a QB so that's not happening. We need a QB so the least inexpensive way would be to draft one via not trading up and staying put at 15 or trading down. I don't see any real upside with either McCoy or Johnson at QB moving forward so why not draft your guy and start him. Either way the team likely ends up with a 4-6 win season so begin the transformation now with a young QB.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have money to overpay a QB so that's not happening. We need a QB so the least inexpensive way would be to draft one via not trading up and staying put at 15 or trading down. I don't see any real upside with either McCoy or Johnson at QB moving forward so why not draft your guy and start him. Either way the team likely ends up with a 4-6 win season so begin the transformation now with a young QB.

yeah but say you invest a 1st in a qb like Lock or Jones.... they end up sucking because the rest of the team sucks... you completely miss out on the 2020 draft which is much much stronger.

though I wouldnt put it past the Redskins to invest in a QB in the 1st round 2 years in a row

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I simply stated that I would be OK if Flacco came in cheap (I mean really cheap) & could be the transition guy. I think that while he won't command big $$ it will still likely cost them quite a bit. If that is the case then I am in complete agreement w/ you. Should be interesting to see how they plan in this area - probably a lot more interesting than their play next season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply stated that I would be OK if Flacco came in cheap (I mean really cheap) & could be the transition guy. I think that while he won't command big $$ it will still likely cost them quite a bit. If that is the case then I am in complete agreement w/ you. Should be interesting to see how they plan in this area - probably a lot more interesting than their play next season.
Well I'm not on the tank for Tua wagon either. We have no QB. Let's go get our QB. Not at all expenses like RG3 but let's see what happens at #15. I'm guessing we will have a pick of at least 2 solid QB's. Draft one, let him play and see where the chips fall.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really has to be one of the worst ran organizations in all of major sports and definitely the worst ran one in the nfl in my lifetime which is saying a lot when there are the Dolphins and Raiders in the league

Hey watch it bub__Ernie Grunfeld.:D

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey watch it bub__Ernie Grunfeld.:D

I agree that Grunfeld is terrible, but that setup is mainly due to the stubborn loyalty of Leonsis. At least Leonsis tries to tend to the needs of the fans & actually talks to media & fans & listens to the concerns of the fans. Snyder is too busy upgrading his $100M yacht to give a shit about the peasants like us.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Grunfeld is terrible, but that setup is mainly due to the stubborn loyalty of Leonsis. At least Leonsis tries to tend to the needs of the fans & actually talks to media & fans & listens to the concerns of the fans. Snyder is too busy upgrading his $100M yacht to give a shit about the peasants like us.

Good points, but in a two person vote, who would you say is worse, Allen or Grunfeld? Voting that they're the same person doesn't count.:D

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, but in a two person vote, who would you say is worse, Allen or Grunfeld? Voting that they're the same person doesn't count.:D

Tough one since they are both awful. I might go w/ Allen by a bit. In the NBA if you are near the middle it is very, very tough to eventually get to be a legit contender. You don't have enough to win a title yet your picks are not low enough to grab a star (& most high end players are drafted very high). So Grunfeld gets somewhat of a pass on this one.

The NFL is much different. It is a league that encourages parity & results in different teams contending in different seasons (save for the unique case of the Pats). Quality players can be found in many ways & not just in the first 10-15 picks. IMO coaching is also much more important in the NFL than NBA (although talent is still the main factor).

The fact that the Redskins have only won 2 playoff games in 20 years is just horrendous in a parity driven league. Allen has been a big factor during the most recent part of this era. Why he still has a job is beyond me (stadium excuse is BS - they can find a way to make that work well regardless).

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that the best QB drafted by the Redskins since Theismann was QB was a 4th rounder and actually Sonny, Billy, Joe, Doug were all trades or free agents.